4 replies to this topic

#1 dropped82 ONLINE  

dropped82

Nut Case

• Member No: 9923
  • 2,026 Thanks
  • 1,554 posts

Posted August 16, 2012 - 01:07 PM

I'm going to look at a 265 on Saturday for a price I can't pass up. From what I've read it has a 17hp Kaw with a sunstrand? rearend. Anyone have one of these that can tell about them? It is not getting fuel but will run with fuel poured in the carb. It sounds like a fairly easy fix. I'm guessing fuel pump but will know more when I see it. It comes with a 46" deck that needs belts. Also has an electric PTO. Does not know if that works. Any suggestions? I've read that it can handle ground engagement also?

Edited by dropped82, August 16, 2012 - 01:36 PM.

#2 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,595 Thanks
  • 14,140 posts

Posted August 16, 2012 - 04:31 PM

Should make a nice basic GT. Check tractordata.com and jdpart.com if you want to get more info. or look at the parts diagrams to see how it's put together.
  • dropped82 said thank you

#3 dropped82 ONLINE  

dropped82

Nut Case

• 2,026 Thanks
  • 1,554 posts

Posted August 16, 2012 - 04:58 PM

I looked at tractor data and it listed all front mount attachments, no rear. Although it did say there is a sleeve hitch for it. I was just wondering. Don't really need it but for the price I don't think I can say no. My parents have a Kaw on their 180 and other than a starter that thing won't die. My mother keeps saying she wants a new one when this one dies. I don't think that's gonna happen anytime soon. Especially with a son who they think is a little obsessed with tractors.

#4 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,595 Thanks
  • 14,140 posts

Posted August 16, 2012 - 07:32 PM

No 3 point available for those but I think there was a sleeve hitch option. JD calls that an integral hitch. I know some of the later GT series tractors had the sleeve hitch available.
  • dropped82 said thank you

#5 dropped82 ONLINE  

dropped82

Nut Case

• 2,026 Thanks
  • 1,554 posts

Posted August 18, 2012 - 07:19 PM

WHAT A TRIP!!! Not only did I get a 265 for one heck of a price, the guy also thru in a pristine hood for a square fender with supports, blank headlight panel (no cracks), and a grille. Everything I was missing for my 112. On top of that I'm going back next week to get a 214 hood, 214 grille, side panels, complete frame, tires, and rear end. The frame and rear were a 110 that is dismantled. He said when I'm ready to come back and clean his JD stuff out. I was speechless!!! I will post some pics when my phone is charged.