CASENUT

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1974
  • 501 Thanks
  • 865 posts

Posted August 15, 2012 - 11:41 PM

Ok so I peeled the 'tins' off the ford and was going to try to paint around the decals. But figured I could get them off so as to 'reuse them' so at least the paint would be perfect. Then I got to thinking I bet someone knows where I could get these 'remade'...anyone? I'd like all the serial numbers and spec numbers the same ...for obvious reasons...
Posted Image

#2 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,408 Thanks
  • 3,158 posts

Posted August 16, 2012 - 05:29 AM

George Bradish tractor parts .

#3 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted August 16, 2012 - 08:49 AM

I have wondered this every time I see those decals. I am sure there are a few places you can get them from, I would not think people doing complete, in depth, 100% perfect, restorations would want to use the old decals.

#4 CASENUT OFFLINE  

CASENUT

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1974
  • 501 Thanks
  • 865 posts

Posted August 16, 2012 - 10:07 AM

I have wondered this every time I see those decals. I am sure there are a few places you can get them from, I would not think people doing complete, in depth, 100% perfect, restorations would want to use the old decals.

Well Ryan technically you're correct...no one wants to. But, the fact remains unless the 'repop' is 100% authentic then the original would be much better than a 'fake'. As guys who do lots of restorations know the paint technology as come a long way. Many of us spend a lot of time leveling and using clears that were not done at the factory...so in many ways our restorations are way better than they left the factory.

My ford will not be 100% perfect. I did not remove the rear end or motor(welded in) but the rest of the components were removed blasted and repainted. I look forward to getting this restoration done hopefully by the end of summer....