:ditto: What they said!

#17 cp7 OFFLINE  

cp7

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1369
  • 58 Thanks
  • 148 posts

Posted December 30, 2010 - 09:48 PM

I do find it useful for the parts listing. Something that many other manufactures
do not provide.

I agree Ingersoll's site is great for the parts books but JD and Cub Cadet do have their parts lookups online too.
I also want to commend the owners of this site. While there's not as much traffic (yet) on the forum as some others, I really enjoy the articles and info on the Home page. :thumbs:

#18 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted December 31, 2010 - 05:58 AM

cp7x:welcometogttalk:

Glad to have you with us.

#19 hydriv OFFLINE  

hydriv

Tractorholic

• Validating
  • Member No: 256
  • 70 Thanks
  • 583 posts

Posted December 31, 2010 - 09:28 AM

No, I am not currently interested in purchasing a new tractor.

But what if you were looking to buy a new GT? What if you had never heard of "Ingersoll" and happened to stumble across their site during your internet search for all the GT's in the market place? Does the Ingersoll site tell you what models they have? How much HP? The dimensions ? The weight? The features? Do you come away from that site knowing ANYTHING of use about their tractors? Is there anything on that site that would "hook you" to the point that you just had to find a dealer to see one up close?

Sadly.....the answer is no. And it's for those reasons that I emphatically state "The Ingersoll website sucks.".

I do find it useful for the parts listing.

So do many other people who are trying to keep alive tractors that Eastman/Ingersoll never made. How much money did you spend at an Ingersoll dealer this past year? Do you honestly think that Ingersoll is going to survive if they do not find buyers for their tractors? And ten or twenty years down the road, where are guys like you going to find a used Ingersoll easily if they are hardly selling any right now?

Something that many other manufactures
do not provide. Even if a person is interested in a new tractor it has been my experience most make a decision based on dealer showroom offerings
and what my neighbor has.

I don't disagree with your premise regarding purchasing decisions. Word of mouth advertising is important and so is dealer visibility. Right now, Ingersoll's are being sold in small numbers compared to most other brands. Go use their dealer location feature and see how close you are to a dealer. Then call that dealer up and ask him if he has any models on the floor for you to see. Ask him if he will mail you a brochure. And after doing all of that, now ask yourself just how interested you might be in buying an Ingersoll? Especially when you just spent quite a bit of time to learn something about these tractors and came up empty-handed. Should you have to kiss someone's ass just so they will sell you what they make?
So I like the site.

Fair enough. You like the site because it meets YOUR needs, which revolve around keeping some old tractor running. The issue here is whether the site meets the needs of everyone else plus the needs of Eastman/Ingersoll in selling tractors, supporting the dealers and keeping the company alive.

Like I said, could it be bettter? Yes.

No question. The "new" site is far worse than the site it replaced. Newer is supposed to be better, isn't it? Are we not supposed to learn from our mistakes and improve?

But to me the comparison of tiny Eastman Ingersoll to John Deere
or Cub Cadet is a bit of a stretch.

On that issue, you and I totally disagree. You don't have to have deep pockets to have someone create a website that provides key information to potential customers. The internet is one of the most level playing fields there is in marketing/advertising. We are not talking about buying 30 seconds of time on Super Bowl Sunday here. Those ads are just a one-shot deal. The internet is 24/7/365.

It would be like comparing this forum to other forums with years of experience and a 100 times the membership.
The more sites the better. And so far so good!

BTW.... what tractor/s do you own? Where are you located? Do you have pictures?

#20 CanadaDry OFFLINE  

CanadaDry

• Member No: 1754
  • 0 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted December 31, 2010 - 10:31 AM

Didn't realize your dislike was that strong eh. You sound like your just looking for an argument. I was just giving an opinion.
It's not a big deal to me.

#21 hydriv OFFLINE  

hydriv

Tractorholic

• Validating
  • 70 Thanks
  • 583 posts

Posted December 31, 2010 - 10:55 PM

Didn't realize your dislike was that strong eh. You sound like your just looking for an argument. I was just giving an opinion.
It's not a big deal to me.

No.... I'm not looking for an argument. I'm simply pointing out the reasons why their website sucks. If it works for you, I have no problem with that. It doesn't take a genius to figure out how bad the site is. Just pick any other brand and look at their sites by comparison.

#22 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted January 01, 2011 - 02:07 AM

It DOES pretty much suck! Wouldn't take much add'l information to un-suck it.

Edited by nra1ifer, January 01, 2011 - 02:16 AM.

#23 CanadaDry OFFLINE  

CanadaDry

• Member No: 1754
  • 0 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted January 01, 2011 - 09:36 AM

OK hydriv if you want to keep making posts pointing out why you think the web site sucks go for it eh. I have a neighbor who has to constantly repeat himself to make a point so I'm use to it.

#24 hydriv OFFLINE  

hydriv

Tractorholic

• Validating
  • 70 Thanks
  • 583 posts

Posted January 01, 2011 - 11:44 AM

OK hydriv if you want to keep making posts pointing out why you think the web site sucks go for it eh. I have a neighbor who has to constantly repeat himself to make a point so I'm use to it.

I'm beginning to understand why your neighbor does that.

#25 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted January 01, 2011 - 12:31 PM

Come on guys,play nice.

#26 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors