• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted July 20, 2010 - 07:28 AM

Only problem I see with their site is they link to two other places.

#3 hydriv OFFLINE  

hydriv

Tractorholic

• Validating
  • Member No: 256
  • 70 Thanks
  • 583 posts

Posted July 20, 2010 - 08:32 AM

Only problem I see with their site is they link to two other places.

The only problem I see with their new site is that it SUCKS worse than their old site did.

#4 mastifflawyer OFFLINE  

mastifflawyer

Tractorholic

• Member No: 261
  • 43 Thanks
  • 162 posts

Posted July 20, 2010 - 09:11 AM

The only problem I see with their new site is that it SUCKS worse than their old site did.

Please Hydrive don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel.

#5 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted July 20, 2010 - 09:30 AM

:bigrofl:

#6 hydriv OFFLINE  

hydriv

Tractorholic

• Validating
  • Member No: 256
  • 70 Thanks
  • 583 posts

Posted July 20, 2010 - 09:40 AM

I'd be happy to do that but you'd probably sue me for libel on a contingency fee basis.:madhop::madhop::madhop::D:D:D:D:D:D:D

#7 CanadaDry OFFLINE  

CanadaDry

• Member No: 1754
  • 0 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted December 29, 2010 - 11:54 PM

I like the new Eastman Ingersoll web site. It provides some valuable information. Could it be improved. Of course.
But the site works for me.

#8 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted December 30, 2010 - 05:41 AM

I'd be happy to do that but you'd probably sue me for libel on a contingency fee basis.:madhop::madhop::madhop::D:D:D:D:D:D:D

:bigrofl::bigrofl:

CanadaDry, welcome to GTT, glad to have you here.

#9 mastifflawyer OFFLINE  

mastifflawyer

Tractorholic

• 43 Thanks
  • 162 posts

Posted December 30, 2010 - 06:52 AM

I like the new Eastman Ingersoll web site. It provides some valuable information. Could it be improved. Of course.
But the site works for me.

Welcome to GtTalk. You will find this to be a very friendly place. I say that because I don't want you to think that what I have to say is directed toward you in any way. Please also understand that I am a Colt Case Ingersoll guy. With GTTalk nearing it's 1st birthday I can honestly say that there has not been any "my tractor is better than your tractor" battles here, unlike everywhere else. Us CCI guys don't need to boast about what great tractors we have, but Eastman Ingersoll does. The Company Website is the portal through which the public gets a look at what the Company is offering. Tell me after looking at the site what Ingersoll tractors are available. What could be more basic than what models are available and their Specs? Next take a look at the other Manufacturers' websites like Deere, Cub and the like. Some people argue that Eastman Ingy is not as big a Company and cannot compete in that arena. Well here's the deal. Everyone is on the same playing field when it comes to the internet and websites. I could have a website regarding my tractor restoration company that is housed in my garage that equals or is better than any website on the net. No one has to know that it is housed in a garage and has one part-time employee. It could appear to be the greatest restoration shop in the world. (It might be-haha)
So when us CCI fellas heard that the website was going to be revisited, we were expecting great things. Many of us were greatly dissapointed. The new site actually has less information in it than the old site.
I do know that there have been some internal issues within the Company, and sadly I hope that those issues work out for everyone.

So CD, tell me how the site works for you. Are you interested in buying a new Ingersoll Tractor? Are you there for the parts manuals? What is it that you like about the site?

Again, please don't think I am directing anything negative your way. I am very happy to have another CCI member here, and look forward to hearing about your tractor(s). If you have any questions or need help with any aspects of garden tractor life you have found the right place. If you have anything to add in that regard your participation will be warmly welcomed.
  • dryrun said thank you

#10 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted December 30, 2010 - 07:33 AM

mastifflawyer, Thanks. I didn't know these were still made. Do you have any idea what they go for. I would rather find out from someone here than call the dealer without any knowledge.

#11 mastifflawyer OFFLINE  

mastifflawyer

Tractorholic

• 43 Thanks
  • 162 posts

Posted December 30, 2010 - 07:45 AM

Good question Dave. I am stuck in the 60s. My newest Ingersoll is a '94. I have heard prices on new tractors but I really do not have first hand knowledge so I hesitate to repeat them. While the website tells a prospective buyer to find a Dealer to go test drive one, I am afraid that will not be an easy task. The number of dealers has been decreasing, and very few stock demonstrators. The Company has been restructuring the Distributor-Dealer program. If you care to PM me I will provide you with the name and number of a Dealer who I do not hesitate to refer people to. He would be happy to answer any question you might have.

#12 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted December 30, 2010 - 08:03 AM

PM sent

#13 CanadaDry OFFLINE  

CanadaDry

• Member No: 1754
  • 0 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted December 30, 2010 - 09:15 AM

No, I am not currently interested in purchasing a new tractor. I do find it useful for the parts listing. Something that many other manufactures
do not provide. Even if a person is interested in a new tractor it has been my experience most make a decision based on dealer showroom offerings
and what my neighbor has. So I like the site. Like I said, could it be bettter? Yes. But to me the comparison of tiny Eastman Ingersoll to John Deere
or Cub Cadet is a bit of a stretch. It would be like comparing this forum to other forums with years of experience and a 100 times the membership.
The more sites the better. And so far so good!

#14 mastifflawyer OFFLINE  

mastifflawyer

Tractorholic

• 43 Thanks
  • 162 posts

Posted December 30, 2010 - 12:53 PM

Yes- I agree that having most of the part's Manuals is excellent. They were also in the old site. But parts manuals don't sell new tractors, and tractors are what is going to keep the Ingersoll Company alive. It pains me to think of the possibility that Ingersoll could cease operation.

I also heartily agree with you about buying what the neighbor has. Every person I have ever demonstrated a Case's capabilities to has either bought one or told me they will be buying one when the time comes. The problem with the Dealer showroom offerings though is that I doubt that you are going to find too many dealers stocking any demonstrators.

I am not comparing tiny Ingersoll to Deere, except to say that there is no reason whatsoever that they could not have a website equal to or better than Deere.

I would love to compare GTTalk to any other forum on the net. It is my favorite Forum by far. It is owned and run by Garden Tractor enthusiasts that have no hidden agenda except for making this one nice place to visit. The members here are excellent people. The kind of people that I am proud to say I am friends with.
Since the site is not even one year old, I think the number of members is outstanding. It is growing everyday. That is a testament to what can be found here.

So, CD come be a part of this great site. Get to know the members. Let the members get to know you. I know you will not be disappointed.

#15 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted December 30, 2010 - 01:07 PM

I would love to compare GTTalk to any other forum on the net. It is my favorite Forum by far. It is owned and run by Garden Tractor enthusiasts that have no hidden agenda except for making this one nice place to visit. The members here are excellent people. The kind of people that I am proud to say I am friends with.
Since the site is not even one year old, I think the number of members is outstanding. It is growing everyday. That is a testament to what can be found here.

I agree with you 100%,no make that 110%,Jack.