John@Reliable

Procrastinators unite tomorrow

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 36
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,416 posts

Posted May 09, 2013 - 03:13 PM

I think this post deserves a refresh.  While I don't have a degree yet, I have traveled a fair distance towards getting one.  I am very proud of the results.  No, I have not been working full-time, rather I have been doing so side jobs as time permits, but I have to say that since the end of March, the pace has been pretty relentless.  I took six courses this semester, and finished the final exams for the last one on Tuesday of this week.  Here is the result of two semester's worth of studies:

attachicon.gifGrades.PNG

Outstanding :thumbs:

A teacher friend of mine likes teaching "older" students, less BS because that want to learn.

• HowardsMF155 said thank you

#32 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,611 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted May 09, 2013 - 07:33 PM

Great progress Howard!  :thumbs:  :dancingbanana:

#33 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted May 09, 2013 - 07:45 PM

Congrats Howard. Good to see you're conquering your goal.

It sure takes a lot of will power to do what you're doing.

I wish you all the best.

#34 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,418 Thanks
  • 39,668 posts

Posted May 10, 2013 - 07:14 AM

Great job, Howard! Good to see you making progress on this! Good luck with getting the rest of the courses completed.

#35 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted May 10, 2013 - 12:54 PM

Outstanding :thumbs:

A teacher friend of mine likes teaching "older" students, less BS because that want to learn.

No Kidding!  Since it is a community college, plus most of my courses have been evening (just the way it worked out) most of my classes have been adult aged.  Now, some of us will cut up a bit during a Q&A session, but mostly everyone wants to learn,  I've had two classes this semester though, with young people, and the disrespect towards the teachers has been bad.  Browsing to other sites during lecture, whispering back and forth, listening to Ipod devices, it's really been bad in one class.

#36 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted May 10, 2013 - 01:19 PM

No Kidding!  Since it is a community college, plus most of my courses have been evening (just the way it worked out) most of my classes have been adult aged.  Now, some of us will cut up a bit during a Q&A session, but mostly everyone wants to learn,  I've had two classes this semester though, with young people, and the disrespect towards the teachers has been bad.  Browsing to other sites during lecture, whispering back and forth, listening to Ipod devices, it's really been bad in one class.

I bet they treat their parents the same way.. For the most part how they are at home shows out in public..

#37 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted May 10, 2013 - 05:55 PM

WELL DONE HOWARD!!! CONGRATS!! HARD WORK (AND STUDY) ALWAYS PAYS OFF!

I have always said anything is possible.......the question is "am I willing to pay the price?".....in everything there is a cost.....most people want something, but are not willing to pay the price to get it....

You have seen the cost, are willing to pay the price, the rewards have come and will continue to keep coming!! Keep charging ahead!!

• HowardsMF155, Team_Green and oldedeeres have said thanks

#38 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,848 Thanks
  • 3,191 posts

Posted May 11, 2013 - 01:29 AM

There is a heck of a difference between "I wish" and "I will" , and the biggest part of the difference is the success that results from the "will". Congratulations on your success.

• HowardsMF155 and sacsr have said thanks

#39 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted May 11, 2013 - 08:42 AM

There is a heck of a difference between "I wish" and "I will" , and the biggest part of the difference is the success that results from the "will". Congratulations on your success.

I think the test of "I will" is going to be this summer.  I have decided that the best course of action is to press on hard and add more completed courses rather than spend the summer looking for work in my previous career.  Therefore, I have signed up for 4 more courses for the summer.  School will start again on May 20th.  I will have classes on Monday's and Wednesday's.  One starts at 9 am, and lasts til 1:00, then the next starts at 5 pm and lasts til 9 or 10 pm.  The others are "on-line" and I'll have to set aside time every week to complete the work in a timely fashion.  "On-line" courses have unique challenges, they are pretty much self-taught and interaction with a teacher or classmates is minimal.  

#40 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted July 29, 2013 - 08:22 PM

Wow!  End of the semester and I am fried!!  I've done little but study the last two weeks, and the last two days I've been battling a head cold that has just made me miserable.  However, the semester has ended and the results are in.  4 more classes passed, now the next big hurdle is to take the CCNA certification exam that the last three semesters have been preparing me for.  School will start again in two weeks, so I've got to hurry up and do the things I want to do, like take vacation with my family, work at my Dad's old house to keep it looking good to sell, and work some odd jobs to make some money.  Gotta get the garden harvested too LOL!   

• Texas Deere and Horse, KennyP, sacsr and 1 other said thanks

#41 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,418 Thanks
  • 39,668 posts

Posted July 29, 2013 - 08:35 PM

Sounds like you just went into busy mode! Good luck!

#42 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted July 29, 2013 - 08:40 PM

Why to go Howard. You're doing it.

Certainly a life changing move you're doing.

All the best.

#43 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,848 Thanks
  • 3,191 posts

Posted July 30, 2013 - 01:09 AM

Congratulations, and here's hoping you ace the  CCNA exam as well.

#44 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,611 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted July 30, 2013 - 08:50 AM

the last two days I've been battling a head cold that has just made me miserable.   

Maybe it's not a head cold.  Might be pressure buildup from all that knowledge you're stuffing into that head of yours!  In any case, hope the head starts feeling better!

#45 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted July 30, 2013 - 04:50 PM

Maybe it's not a head cold.  Might be pressure buildup from all that knowledge you're stuffing into that head of yours!  In any case, hope the head starts feeling better!

LMAO!!  The thought did cross my mind yesterday afternoon that I was in trouble if it was brains trickling out of my nose and not snot!!!

• KennyP said thank you