19 replies to this topic

#16 HowardsMF155 ONLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted September 01, 2012 - 10:09 AM

OK, made changes in privacy settings in Chrome, got too restrictive (never save cookies; Never allow third party cookies) and couldn't sign back in. Had to allow data to be saved, but still blocked third party cookies. I'm logged in now, and posting, I'll see what happens.

#17 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,338 Thanks
  • 28,646 posts

Posted September 01, 2012 - 11:22 AM

What do you have for anti malware programs? I would run cleaner and superantimalware and see what it catches. Also, if you can find abexo free registry cleaner, it's a good program to clean up registry issues.
  • HowardsMF155 said thank you

#18 HowardsMF155 ONLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted September 01, 2012 - 12:57 PM

I've run Ccleaner and Malwarebytes and followed recommendations. With my current settings, this is at least the third post I've made, no recurrence of issues. I've also run the Microsoft malware tool, and have Norton antivirus on my machine. If it happens again, I may try to take a screen shot to share.
  • KennyP said thank you

#19 HydroHarold OFFLINE  

HydroHarold
  • Member No: 9622
  • 702 Thanks
  • 977 posts

Posted September 01, 2012 - 04:56 PM

So it's not just me? Using IE9 I get "spaces" of blank white between text on this site. When I click inside the blank, it fills in... Sometimes it's a whole topic on the list of topics pages.

Ah.... what's one more left click in the world of left clicks anyway? :D

Edited by HydroHarold, September 01, 2012 - 04:58 PM.

#20 HowardsMF155 ONLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted September 09, 2012 - 11:11 AM

I've been running Google Chrome to view this site since I made my last post. Settings are clamped down to the bare minimum that will allow browsing. I can now make posts and still not have the odd text display return. Just something in the cookie cache or an add-on that is not acting correctly. Since I don't allow cookies, I have to sign in every time, but even that isn't so bad, because chrome is storing my passwords. I open the forum, then click on the "sign-in" button, click "open in new tab" and my sign in pops up with everthing ready to go.