#1 dropped82 ONLINE  

dropped82

Nut Case

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 9923
  • 1,401 Thanks
  • 1,230 posts

Posted August 14, 2012 - 04:53 PM

Well I finally got to mow for the first time in about 7 weeks. Got the 212 out and it did great on the back. Mowed with it for about 2 hours. Then did some trimming and figured I would mow with the RF 112 on the frontyard. I fired it up pulled it in the driveway. Shut it off and when I came back it wouldn't start. Not even click. So I figured I would do the front with the 212 and it wouldn't stay running without the choke close all the way. How did this all happen in about 5 minutes time! The 112 I figure there is switch somewhere thats acting up but the 212 I haven't gotten into yet.

#2 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,630 Thanks
  • 3,922 posts

Posted August 14, 2012 - 04:58 PM

Murphys Law I suppose. Might be a chunk of crudd in the needle of the 212 carb. :itsok:

#3 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted August 14, 2012 - 05:04 PM

That's just part of the charm of these old tractors. You never know what's going to fail or when!! Seriously though, could you have some bad or dirty gas that is messing with both engines?

#4 dropped82 ONLINE  

dropped82

Nut Case

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,401 Thanks
  • 1,230 posts

Posted August 14, 2012 - 06:45 PM

Well now all of a sudden the 112 is fine. I mowed the front with it and parked it. Blew loth of them off. The 212 is still doing the same thing. Its gotta be some kinda crud. It runs perfect with the choke on. As for the 112, I blew it off and then went to put it in the garage to nothing again. I may replacing the solenoid tomorrow. It only does it when its hot. Oh well, grass is mowed. It'll give me something to do tomorrow.

#5 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,331 Thanks
  • 28,640 posts

Posted August 14, 2012 - 07:19 PM

Wow, you were standing at the end of the pipe today, weren't you?

Sorry to hear it. The RF, might be the switch, connections, solenoid... Have you eliminated the others, or just the solenoid is the easy first step? At least it's pre safety switches :)

#6 dropped82 ONLINE  

dropped82

Nut Case

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,401 Thanks
  • 1,230 posts

Posted August 16, 2012 - 06:41 AM

Well, dismantled the 212 last night. I took the carb off and disassembled it. Cleaned everything with carb cleaner. It looks like a new carb now. Put everything back together and she fired right up! Low and behold I was spraying fuel everywhere! Found that when I pulled the fuel hose off, the 90 degree nipple on the carb broke a little. Those fuel pumps flow a lot of fuel in a little time. I robbed one from a spare carb I had and it was good. Yesterday my oldest was buzzing his siblings around in the trailer behind the RF 112. He came up to the garage from the back with no tractor. It decided to throw a belt! Oh well, had to replace those anyways.