UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted August 14, 2012 - 01:59 PM

I have an 07 Poulan PBGT26H54 with the twin cylinder Engine model 446877. I thought it had a blown head gasket. Well I know it did cause I could see where it blew. So today I put on new gaskets and put it all back together. The heads didn't show any signs of being cracked or warped. I started it up and it smokes like a house on fire. I thought it was just oil in the muffler burning off then i started seeing oil coming out of the vacuum tube that attaches to the fuel pump on the (To eliminate confusion of which way I am facing I will use car a car term) passengers side of the engine. SO to test a theory I pulled the plug on that side and it is oil drenched. I started it on just one cyl and it ran great but it was pumping oil out that tube. The cyl walls looked good when I had it apart. I am thinking bad ring maybe????? any one got a better idea.what is wrong with it? I am off to work on a truck so it wont be back till much later this evening.

Edited by mybigwarwagon, August 14, 2012 - 02:01 PM.

#2 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted August 14, 2012 - 05:15 PM

Check the oil level. The vacuum fuel pump may have sprung a leak & leaked fuel into the oil. The level will be so high that the crankcase breather tube sucks up the gas/oil mix into the intake. If it's the case, it's just a fluke that this happened after the head gasket failed.

#3 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted August 14, 2012 - 10:39 PM

As we were leaving this afternoon I had my wife run out an check the oil and it is waaaay over full. It has been sitting for a while and the flue shutoff was left of. I was just too tired to think after working on it. Amazing what a break from something that is frustrating you can do. It is still a PITA though. I may paint it like a Preparation H box and see if that helps it out.