• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted August 14, 2012 - 08:41 PM

I want to thank all of the active members as the members are who make the place what it is. Looking forward to the next 10,000.
  • daytime dave said thank you

#17 WNYTractorTinkerer OFFLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,311 Thanks
  • 4,661 posts

Posted August 15, 2012 - 12:34 AM

Well, I'm sure glad to be here, scars and all! And I'm not having the nightmares anymore! Some folks DO escape from Devil's Island! :D

Hopefully the J/A will knock it off over there... I'm still trying to figger out this place but will eventually.. Good to see ya HH!

#18 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,643 Thanks
  • 7,673 posts

Posted August 15, 2012 - 06:47 AM

Maybe it won't be too long till GTT is self supporting.

Don't those ads make any money???

What was the site's inaugural date anyway?

#19 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted August 15, 2012 - 08:39 AM

Don't those ads make any money???

What was the site's inaugural date anyway?

The site's birthday is February 2nd. This year will be the 3rd birthday.

The ads do make some money, along with what the ads make and the site supporters that we have it helps to put a good dent in the monthly expenses. I don't think we have very many ads, not near as many as some other sites out there.

#20 Blind Ref OFFLINE  

Blind Ref
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10762
  • 19 Thanks
  • 52 posts

Posted August 15, 2012 - 01:59 PM

Congratulations on the 10K milestone! Before you know it, this place will be at 20K. :beerchug:

#21 BushBoneYard OFFLINE  

BushBoneYard

• Member No: 6163
  • 36 Thanks
  • 70 posts

Posted August 15, 2012 - 02:20 PM

Congrats GTtalk.

#22 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,637 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted August 15, 2012 - 02:20 PM

Just think about it George....if all 10,000 members became site supporters!!!!!!!!! Would I get a check huh George? :bigrofl:
  • Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#23 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,455 Thanks
  • 39,682 posts

Posted August 15, 2012 - 02:40 PM

Be nice if we had 50 or more site supporters added in.

#24 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• Member No: 6338
  • 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted August 15, 2012 - 09:45 PM

If you find them please let us know and don't tell Mrs. Nut. I blocked her from seeing this post :spanka:

That was just wishful thinking. Thought that mentioning that may smoke them out of their hiding places. No luck.

Anyway, we should come up with some kind of site supporter membership drive.

#25 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,643 Thanks
  • 7,673 posts

Posted August 16, 2012 - 07:32 AM

Anyway, we should come up with some kind of site supporter membership drive.

Yeah, and then someone will sell the site to the highest bidder and we'll all be scurrying for cover again! Cool your jets!!!

#26 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,455 Thanks
  • 39,682 posts

Posted August 16, 2012 - 01:41 PM

Yeah, and then someone will sell the site to the highest bidder and we'll all be scurrying for cover again! Cool your jets!!!

If we get more supporters, we wouldn't have to worry about George selling, which I rather doubt will EVER happen! Hell, I'll dip a little deeper before that happens.
  • johndeereelfman said thank you

#27 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted August 16, 2012 - 04:32 PM

If we get more supporters, we wouldn't have to worry about George selling, which I rather doubt will EVER happen! Hell, I'll dip a little deeper before that happens.

jdelfjunior and I will becoming supporters tomorrow. We wanted to wait a year just to check the waters, and now we are sorry that we haven't made the committment sooner. Congrats on the 10,000 membership achievement, and may the site continue to grow another 10,000 members +! Great job crew, we all did good!
  • olcowhand and KennyP have said thanks

#28 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,637 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted August 16, 2012 - 04:48 PM

There has been a few times many of us send in extra funds when we know George is hammered by the expenses. George even refunded my small extra donation once, but soon learned I would just keep sending it in till he took it! :laughingteeth: Sending in extra money is worth it to me, as GTT has a whole lot to do with keeping me sane during tough times. This is like my second home, so I don't mind spending more for a fresh coat of paint when GTT needs it! George spends almost all his spare time tending to GTT, so he shouldn't have to spend all his money on it too. After all, he's so busy taking care of the maintenance that he hardly gets to post or even work/play with his tractors. So most all his work goes to the benefit of "we the members", and not to himself at all. This site IS privately owned, but also IS a community of friends, and we need to be as supportive as we can, so GTT will thrive and be our home for many many years to come. And NO, I do not get paid to say this.....this is how I truly feel!
  • KennyP, johndeereelfman, cookiemonster and 1 other said thanks

#29 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,455 Thanks
  • 39,682 posts

Posted August 16, 2012 - 05:04 PM

There has been a few times many of us send in extra funds when we know George is hammered by the expenses. George even refunded my small extra donation once, but soon learned I would just keep sending it in till he took it! :laughingteeth: Sending in extra money is worth it to me, as GTT has a whole lot to do with keeping me sane during tough times. This is like my second home, so I don't mind spending more for a fresh coat of paint when GTT needs it! George spends almost all his spare time tending to GTT, so he shouldn't have to spend all his money on it too. After all, he's so busy taking care of the maintenance that he hardly gets to post or even work/play with his tractors. So most all his work goes to the benefit of "we the members", and not to himself at all. This site IS privately owned, but also IS a community of friends, and we need to be as supportive as we can, so GTT will thrive and be our home for many many years to come. And NO, I do not get paid to say this.....this is how I truly feel!

Amen!

#30 dogsoldier OFFLINE  

dogsoldier
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9589
  • 316 Thanks
  • 490 posts

Posted August 16, 2012 - 05:48 PM

Here Here good words Dan
i feel the same