6 replies to this topic

#1 whfan74 OFFLINE  

whfan74
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9851
  • 117 Thanks
  • 128 posts

Posted August 14, 2012 - 07:29 AM

Believe it or not but planning is already taking place for the big event this coming October 6th in Leesburg, IN. Each year it is my attempt to make the event just a little bit better than the year before.

We will be holding a raffle again this year and 100% of the proceeds will be sent to St. Baldrick's in honor of Max Nunn. Last year we were blown away by the generosity and were able to raise just over $1000. It is my goal to surpass that amount this year and help reach Max's goal of $100K raised.

So far we have a very generous prize donated for our raffle. It is a SIGNED first edition Straight from the Horse's Mouth book. You must be present to be able to win this great piece of Wheel Horse history.

I will continue to try and pick up items throughout the year to add to the pile. If you would like to donate something to the cause but can't attend, please feel free to contact me via pm and we will get it all squared away. I will be looking through my items and be donating some goods as well.

There is one catch to this raffle that will be held on October 6th............you must be present to win. In no way am I trying to use this as a motivational tool to get you to attend. But don't get me wrong, we would love to have as many of you as possible to join in on the festivities for the day.

We are working on having food a little different this year. My mother is a perfectionist and it really put a lot of stress on her getting things all arranged for the event. I can't thank her enough, along with my dad and uncle's help, the past two years. This year we would like it to be easier and beneficial for all involved. We have a couple of local groups that are always looking for fundraising ideas and will approach them to see if they are interested in selling a variety of food at the event. Less stress for us and a bonus for some local groups. More info on that to come as the date gets closer.

Parking........we still have room for you to attend. Surrounded by a farm community we have many places for you to park your car, truck and trailer, or in Randy's case a semi! No parking will be done on the property except for those that are unable to unload their swap meet items. (This area grew tremendously last year and I don't see it getting any smaller)

The tractors will again be placed in the center circle around the driveway. I will be moving mine up closer to the house just in case things start getting a little tight as the circle seems to be slowly shrinking each year.

There are no shower facilities available but we will have a port-a-potty on site. As a reminder this is my parents property and I am very thankful for them allowing us to converge for a day full of fun. We appreciate all of the respect everyone has shown the past two years.

We are working on some suprises this year. Hopefully the planning that is taking place already behind the scenes will come to fruition and make this year's event even bigger and more memorable than those in years past.

Of course you have heard that there is a very good possibility that Tom Nunn will be attending this year if his schedule permits. We will be more than honored to have him join us and get to meet many of the guys that have made a huge impact in the fight against childhood cancer.

We have already ordered the 72 degree partly cloudy day like we have in the past. Hopefully this year we will have little to no wind and the fields harvested so we can get in that bon fire that has been eluding us. We will just have to play that one by ear.

And of course if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. As time get's closer I will be asking for an RSVP via pm or email as to give us an idea on how many will be attending. Last year we had a great turn out with tractor enthusiasts from 7 different states on hand and 132 tractors on display.

As a reminder this is open to all brands of garden tractors. We like to see a great variety of old machinery. We do not discriminate against brands. They can be working, non-working, shiny, rusty, beat up, etc....throw them on a trailer and put them on display.

Hope you will consider joining us!

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_2956_0081.jpg
  • 100_2957_0080.jpg
  • 100_2946_0091.jpg
  • Meeting2.jpg
  • 100_2930_0126.jpg
  • 100_2936_0102.jpg

Edited by whfan74, August 14, 2012 - 07:40 AM.

#2 whfan74 OFFLINE  

whfan74
  • Contributor
  • 117 Thanks
  • 128 posts

Posted August 14, 2012 - 08:01 AM

T-shirts will be available this year as well. If you would like to vote on one of the two logos for the back of the shirt, it would be greatly appreciated.

Adult sizes will be available and we are trying to nail down the price and be able to keep it at $14 like last year.

Attached Thumbnails

• north central indiana shirt.JPG

#3 JakeKuhn OFFLINE  

JakeKuhn

Wheel Horse Addict

• Contributor
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 9298
  • 183 Thanks
  • 268 posts

Posted August 27, 2012 - 06:54 PM

I must say,you guys with horses want to come to this show! This is one of the best shows around. Here are pics I took at the show last year, there's a LOT of them. http://s1229.photobu...And Greet 2011/ ~Jake
  • drbish said thank you

#4 whfan74 OFFLINE  

whfan74
  • Contributor
  • 117 Thanks
  • 128 posts

Posted September 06, 2012 - 03:06 PM

Thanks so much Jake for the plug! We are just one month away.......hope you will consider joining us this year!

#5 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted September 06, 2012 - 03:43 PM

Man ,look at all those Wheel Horse tractors.

#6 whfan74 OFFLINE  

whfan74
  • Contributor
  • 117 Thanks
  • 128 posts

Posted September 07, 2012 - 07:49 AM

Maynard,

Yup we bring in a few each year! Should be an even better turn out this year. Will make sure to post some pictures after the big day!

#7 whfan74 OFFLINE  

whfan74
  • Contributor
  • 117 Thanks
  • 128 posts

Posted October 03, 2012 - 11:47 AM

The show is right around the corner.......if you have any questions pm me asap and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Looking forward to another fantastic turn out!