• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,485 Thanks
  • 39,720 posts

Posted August 17, 2012 - 04:33 AM

CCleaner doesn't care, it just cleans everything. I don't mind having to log back in, knowing the 'junk' is cleared out!

#17 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,710 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted August 17, 2012 - 09:59 AM

Are you running cCleaner every day? I don't believe it runs as a TSR so it should do anything unless you tell it to. Do you have the latest version? If so then you should report the problem to the developer so he/she can fix it.

#18 HydroHarold OFFLINE  

HydroHarold
  • Member No: 9622
  • 702 Thanks
  • 977 posts

Posted August 17, 2012 - 04:13 PM

Are you running cCleaner every day? I don't believe it runs as a TSR so it should do anything unless you tell it to. Do you have the latest version? If so then you should report the problem to the developer so he/she can fix it.

I was running Ccleaner everyday after shutting down the browsers. I'm using the paid for "professional" program and check the updates regularly. When I dont' run CC and use IE to delete session cookies everything is OK.

In the "Options" section on "Cookies", I've got the GTTalk website on the right for "Cookies to Keep" and it still fouls it off into the stands.

I guess an Email to Piriform is in order all right.
  • MH81 said thank you

#19 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 8,710 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted August 17, 2012 - 04:55 PM

Yea I would send them an email especially since it is the paid version. When I use it I'm usually cleanning off a system and I want all the cookies gone. Let us know what they say.

#20 HydroHarold OFFLINE  

HydroHarold
  • 702 Thanks
  • 977 posts

Posted August 18, 2012 - 09:16 PM

Wow, got an Email back in less than 12 hours asking for a screen shot of my cookie settings. That is on the way back to them now...

More when available...
  • MH81 and HDWildBill have said thanks

#21 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,315 Thanks
  • 28,633 posts

Posted August 18, 2012 - 10:24 PM

Good to hear they are responsive regarding problems. Hopefully they can pinpoint the problem and correct it quickly.

I did have another suggestion... If you just stay on the site 24/7 you'll never have to worry about logging back in ;)

Good luck, and thanks for the update.
  • HydroHarold said thank you

#22 HydroHarold OFFLINE  

HydroHarold
  • 702 Thanks
  • 977 posts

Posted August 19, 2012 - 10:24 AM

Good to hear they are responsive regarding problems. Hopefully they can pinpoint the problem and correct it quickly.

I did have another suggestion... If you just stay on the site 24/7 you'll never have to worry about logging back in ;)

Good luck, and thanks for the update.

I would stay on, but when I clear the other cookies it's clearing GTT also (A near mortal sin!:D) In all the years I've used Ccleaner this is the first problem I've had. It works way better and is more flexible than the options in IE as it will list the "stuff" that's stored on your computer each session.

This is also the first time I've used the "paid version", maybe I should have continued to free load...:D

#23 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 8,710 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted August 19, 2012 - 10:34 AM

I was hoping they would be responsive. I have used cCleaner a good number of years and I can't tell you how many systems I have cleaned up using it and spybot. Thanks for the update.

#24 HydroHarold OFFLINE  

HydroHarold
  • 702 Thanks
  • 977 posts

Posted August 20, 2012 - 11:14 PM

...still screen shooting an' emailin' with them....:D

#25 HydroHarold OFFLINE  

HydroHarold
  • 702 Thanks
  • 977 posts

Posted August 21, 2012 - 11:48 PM

Another Email today from them with a couple more things to try... which didn't work either. I can go as long as they can!:D

#26 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 8,710 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted August 22, 2012 - 07:46 AM

Well at least they are trying to figure out what is going on. Having developed software for over 25 years there was always that one pc that would throw me a curve. trying to do it through email is even harder so I commend you for sticking with it Harold. In the long run it will be a better product. :thumbs:

#27 HydroHarold OFFLINE  

HydroHarold
  • 702 Thanks
  • 977 posts

Posted August 23, 2012 - 11:31 PM

Well at least they are trying to figure out what is going on. Having developed software for over 25 years there was always that one pc that would throw me a curve. trying to do it through email is even harder so I commend you for sticking with it Harold. In the long run it will be a better product. :thumbs:

You're not the guy that decided Windows Mail didn't need adjustable size print in the preview window, are you? I wonder who that might have been...?:D

I didn't have any time to go on the screen today until now and it's too late for something called "running in debugging mode"... So they'll have to wait a day. I'm going places on a computer that I've never been before and will never remember how to get to again either. But I'm sure it'll make a great scary tale to tell around the campfire...!:D

#28 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 8,710 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted August 24, 2012 - 08:46 AM

I'm sure they are taking you to places you haven't been. :laughingteeth: Just look at it as an experience. :bigrofl:

#29 HydroHarold OFFLINE  

HydroHarold
  • 702 Thanks
  • 977 posts

Posted August 24, 2012 - 08:47 PM

I'm sure they are taking you to places you haven't been. :laughingteeth: Just look at it as an experience. :bigrofl:

OH and an MG, I feel positively "softwareish"!:D Except that following the latest "treasure hunt" instructions to run Ccleaner in "debug mode", it wont start in debug mode nowhow. Another mail reply to the Piriform folks for further instructions. They won't have any hair left by the time this is all over with and neither will I!:D

As they used to say on the radio in the good ol' days, "To Be Continued"...
  • HDWildBill said thank you

#30 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 8,710 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted August 25, 2012 - 09:05 AM

You know Harold the easy solution to all this is to simply not run cCleaner everyday.