32 replies to this topic

#31 Reverend Blair OFFLINE  

Reverend Blair

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1659
  • 501 Thanks
  • 952 posts

Posted August 10, 2012 - 05:57 PM

That guy is a nutcase I hope he dont have kids!.....

Guys like that always have lots and lots of kids for some reason.

#32 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,150 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted August 10, 2012 - 05:58 PM

Methinks this guy and folks like him are a few salami shy of a sandwich. :blink: looks like he lived through it that day.

#33 Reverend Blair OFFLINE  

Reverend Blair

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1659
  • 501 Thanks
  • 952 posts

Posted August 10, 2012 - 06:14 PM

Safety is funny thing. I learned most of it from my grandfather, who was known as a careless man, but seldom had any accidents. People thought he was careless because he never made a point of how he was being safe, and he had a lot of old equipment without safety guards. He taught us though. "Turn that board so the nails are down," "Watch that cow, she kicks," and "Watch that belt," were phrases we heard constantly, always in a calm voice.

Now both my wife and my mother like to tell me I'm careless, as they stand there in their toeless sandals using the whipper-snipper, because I'm just like my grandfather with the steel-toed boots and the long pants.

So today I got a "Safe Worker" award because I haven't had a workplace incident in the year I've been there. Gee, a whole year without cutting my fingers off or backing over a co-worker. Only one other guy got it too...another guy who grew up on a "dangerous" farm. We also both got our quarterly bribe for not missing work. That's right, if you show up every day for three months in a row and only use your designated time off (one day a month, plus holiday time), they give you a cash bonus. So I show up and don't injure myself or others. That used to be called NOT GETTING FIRED, now they give you beer money.
  • HowardsMF155 and Newpaws493 have said thanks