11 replies to this topic

#1 mikebramel OFFLINE  

mikebramel

Ron Paul

• Member No: 82
  • 176 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted July 18, 2010 - 08:13 PM

got the engine off of craigslist today. looks like it will fit nice even with the wide pan
has a secondary oil pump to lube a a/c compressor or something. guy was using one of his to lube a turbo. sounds like a good idea. hopefully i can get it done in the next month, feel a little overaccomplished tearing it down in one day LOL

IMG00243.jpg
IMG00242.jpg

#2 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted July 19, 2010 - 12:28 PM

Looking forward to this! Yes, should fit well. You can power hydro from either end of engine. Just flip the charge pump housing appropriately. It's marked for LH/RH rotation. Just flip the correct rotation to the top side. What is the HP of the diesel?

#3 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted July 19, 2010 - 01:38 PM

Can't wait to see this.

#4 mikebramel OFFLINE  

mikebramel

Ron Paul

• 176 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted July 19, 2010 - 05:39 PM

Thank you for the tip.
they do both spin clockwise
its around 12hp. its a thermo king tk2.44. couldnt find any specs online. must be that old LOL i guess thats still not older than the tractor
but the oil pan JUST clears the frame
Radiator and fan should fit right in
but i dont know what kind of set up I can get for the front pto?
something that will mount on the crank pulley?

#5 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted July 20, 2010 - 04:34 AM

I am jealous, can't wait to see it progress. There was a 3cyl yanmar on craiglist here but I just don't have the cash to pick it up right now.

#6 Guest_Big Bill_*

Guest_Big Bill_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted August 01, 2010 - 10:41 PM

Good luck, but sorry I'm not a fan of doing this to the MF14, maybe an old MTD , just not an old rare Massey, another guy here put a Honda engine in a 1855, I feel the same way. Kinda of transplanting a Toyota Tundra engine in my 1972 Chevy short wide Cheyenne,(shudder) the whole thing just seems WRONG. I see it done to other makes of old iron also, and every time I laugh, then I cry. Oh well, to each his own, but i wouldn't Formica my Great Grandmothers oak table and I don't see that this is any different

#7 mikebramel OFFLINE  

mikebramel

Ron Paul

• 176 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted August 01, 2010 - 11:15 PM

well i tell you what
you can buy it before i cut the frame, put a hole in the hood for a stack, and get some spinnazzz
........... ACTUALLY
that diesel is only rated for 10hp
so im not going to put that in. 48" deck with 10hp? do the math LOL
Im gonna get a 16 Kohler, deck the head, hot cam, bigger valves from brian miller
itll be a beast of a mower
.....someday i might find a snowblower for it
ill use the yanmar someday for something.... its a sweet little engine....

#8 Guest_Big Bill_*

Guest_Big Bill_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted August 02, 2010 - 06:48 AM

Your a rude jerk, I post my opinion and you tell me to sit on a stack and spin, that's just great. I see what kind of people I'm dealing with here, I wonder if you represent the whole forum in this attitude. This is EXACTLY why people don't post in forums, because of JERKS just like you. BTW, the 10 horse diesel has a lot more power than you think maybe as much as the k321, but if you had a brain you might know that,

#9 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted August 02, 2010 - 07:19 AM

Your a rude jerk, I post my opinion and you tell me to sit on a stack and spin, that's just great. I see what kind of people I'm dealing with here, I wonder if you represent the whole forum in this attitude. This is EXACTLY why people don't post in forums, because of JERKS just like you. BTW, the 10 horse diesel has a lot more power than you think maybe as much as the k321, but if you had a brain you might know that,

Don't you think that is a little uncalled for Bill. I don't see anywhere that he told you to sit on a stack and spin. He offered to sell it to you before he puts a stack on it and cuts a hole in the hood and put spinners on the wheels. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and what they would do with their own tractors. It is one of the great things about forums is having broad range of opinions and personalities.

#10 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted August 02, 2010 - 07:34 AM

I'm sorry you feel that way Bill,I think you might have misunderstood what he meant.Stack would mean exhaust,and spinnazzz would be those hub caps with the spinners on them if I'm not mistaken.

#11 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted August 02, 2010 - 07:37 AM

Stack would mean exhaust,and spinnazzz would be those hub caps with the spinners on them if I'm not mistaken.

Yep Maynard, that is what he was saying.

#12 mikebramel OFFLINE  

mikebramel

Ron Paul

• 176 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted August 02, 2010 - 06:14 PM

im sorry. i didnt mean it like that. i meant
1) i agree with you. its wrong to butcher a machine like this (did you see the hood ornament from the last guy?... big hole in the hood, ouch)
2) i was being sarcastic with the stack, spinners
3) i would never sell it to you, or anyone else
4) i didnt say you should sit on it, but i see where youre coming from. didnt mean it like that
5) yes, it may have as much as a 14hp gas motor. in case you didnt see, i am going to put in a hot 16hp