Garden Tractor Forums banner

My New To Me Allis Chalmers Sno Bee Snow Blower More Pics Aug 9

7K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  breimer 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Its not at home yet but is residing safely inside one of my service vans til I can get it home. These pics were from the CL ad, $75 and drove it up the ramp into the cube van. Got a quick look at it after Nick got back to the office, looks even better than the pics. Going to start with a good wash and get more pics up afterwards.

Seeing as its a Allis-Chalmers of the right vintage I am going to hold on to it as a part of my collection. Automotive tire Motor vehicle Thigh Gas Wood
Tire Wheel Grass Motor vehicle Toy
Automotive tire Grass Motor vehicle Asphalt Gas
Table Plant Wood Outdoor furniture Grass

Oh and its Kathys birthday today, she will be thrilled that I got her a new blower
, she just dont know it yet.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Happy Birthday, Kathy! Nice looking blower, Greg! Hope she doesn't try to run you through it!

Reactions: Michiganmobileman
#9 ·
It looks like its always been kept inside, dont even see many scratches.

It will be home by this weekend so expect some more in depth pictures as well as an approx age if I can see the numbers on the Briggs.

And thanks to all for the Happy Birthday wishes. Two of her sisters brought cards out tonight from 7 & 15 miles away, other sister sent a card in the mail this week, lives about 12 miles away. Kathy was kind of PO'd about that but she went off to play her dulcimer with some girls in the band so shes having fun doing what she enjoys on her birthday.

#15 ·
Heres a few more pics. There is a bracket missing/broken that holds the hood on but other than that seems to be all there.

has a two speed transmission

Foot operated clutch lever for the auger drive (low on the left side)

And the engine plate for you old Briggs guys, not sure how to read the date from serial #.

I am pretty happy with it for the price, has a few oil oozers and the usual briggs carb drips but I think it has lots of potential. And of course now that its home the Boss is aware, at least its not another tractor, and I am still alive

#18 ·
Thanks guys I am going to give it a power wash tomorrow and get a better look at things.

As far as Kathy goes I knew I would be OK. Heres a rough tally for her week at the Evart Funfest in July, she stayed from Tuesday night, Millie and I spent the nights there Friday and Saturday (I worked that Sat) then we all came home Sunday morning
http://dulcimers.com/festival.html
We took the camper over two weeks early to get the spot she wanted rental:14days * $17/day
$238

She bought a new stand for her dulcimer
$125

T-shirt, admission, food and other necessities (at least)
$100

So I figure I got almost $400 of catch up money due me yet

Reactions: KennyP
#19 ·
I had one just like yours for about a month. I shined up the points and that Briggs was the easiest starting, best running engine on my place. I ended up selling it to someone who would enjoy it more than I and I didn't really have the room or a need for it. Made a few bucks on it too to pay for parts for my other toys.

#20 ·
Greg, I believe it would be safe to say that your snowthrower is a 1964 model. Your A-C is equivalent to the Simplicity model #990294 and is shown in the manual linked below as model years 1964 thru 1967.

http://gardentractortalk.com/forums/files/file/3758-simplicity-sno-away-walkbehind-snowthrowers-parts-manual/

Also, according to information found online and linked below, the 142000 series Briggs engine sequential serial numbers (like on your engine) were changed to the YYMMDDP code format beginning in August, 1964.

http://www.smokstak.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106744

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.