3 replies to this topic

#1 Nascar3244888 OFFLINE  

Nascar3244888

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1218
  • 164 Thanks
  • 593 posts

Posted August 06, 2012 - 01:41 PM

Just got a JD 185 from my neighbor, Ive been searching for a wiring diagram for it for a little while with no luck and the jd parts website has a pic of the harness with no colors or travels of the wiring. I have to ground the + wire on the starter solenoid, to the little connector on the side with a screwdriver to get it to start/crank. I will post some pics later on of the tractor, but thanks for any help guys!!

#2 John@Reliable OFFLINE  

John@Reliable

Procrastinators unite tomorrow

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 36
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,416 posts

Posted August 06, 2012 - 03:05 PM

I have found getting what you are looking for a little harder for JD than most because they still hold the copy rights
and sell them as part of the service manual. I have a 175 which is just about the same as a 185, and replacing the key switch
with a new JD switch saved me a lot of time tracing out wires when I had a problem like yours in the pass. I used a meter, and JD parts site to ring out the switch, so that I was about 98% sure it was needed.

#3 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted August 06, 2012 - 06:16 PM

Just got a JD 185 from my neighbor, Ive been searching for a wiring diagram for it for a little while with no luck and the jd parts website has a pic of the harness with no colors or travels of the wiring. I have to ground the + wire on the starter solenoid, to the little connector on the side with a screwdriver to get it to start/crank. I will post some pics later on of the tractor, but thanks for any help guys!!

I just sent you a PM that may help.
  • Nascar3244888 said thank you

#4 Nascar3244888 OFFLINE  

Nascar3244888

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1218
  • 164 Thanks
  • 593 posts

Posted August 06, 2012 - 06:59 PM

I just sent you a PM that may help.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!