LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,599 Thanks
  • 7,655 posts

Posted August 07, 2012 - 08:14 AM

The only thing that will de-hohum me is when they get back to putting all that technology back to work putting a man on Mars.......

we're only nationally interested in bailing out banks, the newest TV sitcoms, whining about energy, etc.

Why do we want to 'outsource' our disease to the universe? We have enough problems here without spreading it else where. Why do we need to go to Mars anyway? Just for curiosities sake??? Now if we could use all our brilliant minds to do something like creating free energy or eliminating illness, that would be something note worthy!!!

#17 HydroHarold OFFLINE  

HydroHarold
  • Member No: 9622
  • 702 Thanks
  • 977 posts

Posted August 07, 2012 - 09:32 PM

We have enough problems here without spreading it else where. Why do we need to go to Mars anyway? Just for curiosities sake??? Now if we could use all our brilliant minds to do something like creating free energy or eliminating illness, that would be something note worthy!!!

OH BOY! Right up my alley!:D

Q. "Why do we want to 'outsource' our disease to the universe?"
A. Two reasons, one is "Man's Unquenchable Quest For Knowledge" (Thank you Walter Cronkite!):D and the other is because UFO's are already coming here.

"Now if we could use all our brilliant minds to do something like creating free energy or eliminating illness, that would be something note worthy!!!"

Sure, and put millions out of work in the power industry and medical fields. Just look at all the wonderful medical stuff you can get simply by watching TV! "Lower Abdominal Mesh Implants", "Leaky 'Pipes'", "44 different kinds of cancers" (For both doctors AND lawyers to treat!) Why those things have been turned into a bazillion dollar industry simply with advertising that we can't help but notice on the screen.

The world has always been based on money and how to make it. The "Makers of Money" are far more creative than ever before. Cure disease? Free Nice thoughts and I'd like it fine, but the bottom line is when disease is cured what do we do with all the people that were employed in diseases and the food additive business?

If you go on to some websites without logging in you can find some wonderful ads for curing the entire world's energy problems. The thing looks exactly like a fancy electric motor and, "...the power companies hate this device!":D

The "World" without disease and with free power.... is a place none of us want to go to yet unless your hobby is rebuilding old guilded harps!:D

Now, let's see if they can put some Mars pictures up without retouching and blurring out some features on the surface as has been going on for quite a while already. Food for thought...http://www.marsanoma...h.com/index.htm

#18 LilysDad OFFLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,599 Thanks
  • 7,655 posts

Posted August 08, 2012 - 06:49 AM

So, you want to keep people sick and poor, so someone will have something to do? Hmmm..... I wonder what Adam and Eve did with all their free time before they screwed up a really good thing. Maybe they worked on tractors.

Oh, and the aliens; even they know enough to keep their distance.

#19 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted August 08, 2012 - 01:51 PM

:D

Come on, it's just a sound stage in area 51, I read it on the internet :smilewink:

Then It must be true. :D :D :D

#20 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted August 08, 2012 - 06:40 PM

By the way,I would have thought that Marvin the Martian would have looked a lot older than that by now.I guess you don't age on Mars, like here on Earth. :laughingteeth: :laughingteeth: :laughingteeth: :laughingteeth:

Edited by mjodrey, August 08, 2012 - 06:41 PM.

#21 HydroHarold OFFLINE  

HydroHarold
  • Member No: 9622
  • 702 Thanks
  • 977 posts

Posted August 08, 2012 - 11:00 PM

Oh, and the aliens; even they know enough to keep their distance.

I don't think Barney and Betty Hill or Travis Walton would agree with that...

Disease is due to the frailty of the biological construction of a living body. I don't want people to be sick, but it looks to me like the Creator made animal life flawed for a reason. One reason I think is because He knew what they would eventually become without some form of control. IF there were no central creator and everything just crawled out of the slime, some strains of animal life didn't adapt well to certain genetic evolution possibly affected by gamma, etc. rays...

Looks like some Sound Stage 51 might be having some gliches already.http://news.yahoo.co...-190419541.html "Quick, get me that Photoshop guy in here, I need a touch-up right now!":D