Bolens Family Photo 8-4-12

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#31 fonz3482 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 84
  • 706 Thanks
  • 576 posts

Posted August 06, 2012 - 09:36 AM

That's a nice story, Doc. Thanks for that explaination of what that is. I'm still not really 100% sure what it's supposed to do, but I guess you'd have to be in the mind of the man who made it to understand what he was going for. That's really nice that you've kept that tractor going and kept it original with that "hitch" still on it in memory of your grandfather. It's really very touching!

EDIT - Makes me wish I had been able to get my hands on my grandfather's old Bolens tractor to fix it up and keep it running! It was still in pretty good shape when he got rid of it and I'm pretty sure it just would have needed an engine overhaul and maybe some other minor work to keep it going... Makes me sad sometimes thinking about it though.

I Know where your coming from, and Brian too. I was lucky enough to get my grandfathers 1050 after he passed. He also made up a custom hitch for the back to lift the heavy tiller. He also did some mods, and changed the paint colors, When I restore it, it is getting redone in the same colors, and left with all the mods in his memory. My dad has also gave me his old 1050, My dads still around, but niether tractor will ever leave my garage.
  • MailmAn said thank you