Amigatec

Collector of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5899
  • 2,023 Thanks
  • 3,172 posts

Posted August 04, 2012 - 08:55 AM

That's why some people say they like wheel guns. I've not yet had a problem with any of my semi-autos but did find that after I had the .45 de-burred and the ramp polished it no longer likes wad cutters so I have about 300 of those and don't have a use for them. Good part of that is that I never loaded them. Guess I should sell them. I load my own and we have to use factory ammo when renewing our CHL here so I had to buy a box and was shocked at the price of new ammo now.

We don't have to shot to renew, it's just paper work here. I'll also be looking at an Open Carry holster today as well, come Nov 1st will be open carry here.

#17 Amigatec OFFLINE  

Amigatec

Collector of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 2,023 Thanks
  • 3,172 posts

Posted August 04, 2012 - 02:48 PM

What do they do at a Glock seminar?

OK I am back, the Seminar was very good, he started with safety, basically don't point at things you don't want to shoot. :)

He then went into basic disassembly. He then proceeded to go into advanced disassembly, and explained it very well, and demonstrated how the gun really works. He showed a few things you can do to tweak the gun to fire better.

Then he taught a little bit about proper stance, sight patten. how to hold it correctly, control your breathing, and know where the bullet is going to hit the target.

He taught a little bit of self defence, in other words if you are a position where you have to use have to use it, to protect yourself, you have to be able to know where to hit, and always be ready for the next shot.

He also teaches advanced self defense, I plan to go back and take that as well.

The Glock fired without a problem today I put 100 rounds through it, I was hitting low and to the left. I need to work on control more.
He is a Police Officer for Tulsa PD.

#18 marlboro180 OFFLINE  

marlboro180
  • Member No: 10710
  • 634 Thanks
  • 954 posts

Posted August 05, 2012 - 01:39 PM

So, was there any resolution to the Glock acting up? I sure hope so, I would not want that in my " go- to " piece....

#19 Amigatec OFFLINE  

Amigatec

Collector of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 2,023 Thanks
  • 3,172 posts

Posted August 05, 2012 - 02:23 PM

He seemed to think the firing pin was hanging up, he showed how to remove it and clean it. I'll go back later and try it again.
  • Toolpartzman said thank you