• 229 posts

Posted February 29, 2012 - 08:37 PM

OH YA. Lots of projects there.

#32 terry2 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 7357
  • 2 Thanks
  • 14 posts

Posted February 29, 2012 - 09:45 PM

These are some pictures of a lawn and garden junkyard that's about a 1/2hr from my house, I think it is in Wolcott NY. There are treasures all over this place, its kinda sad to see them sitting in the weeds. I've bought a lot of stuff from this guy, some whole tractors and a lot of parts. The owner has several connections to get the equipment and is getting new stuff all the time. Whenever I go out there I have to set aside at least a couple hours to walk the lot to see what's new and to talk to the guy who owns it. The place is way out in the sticks, he doesn't have a computer and gets business mostly from regulars and word of mouth. The owner, who goes by the name "Buckshot" is a good guy, if your strait with him he's strait with you, if you jerk him around you better leave quickly.

now that is a junk pile i would like to get into thanks for the pictures
  • holdenboy1960 said thank you

#33 brokenfeather OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6294
  • 24 Thanks
  • 164 posts

Posted February 29, 2012 - 10:06 PM

Enough to make a old man cry. Could walk around in there for hrs. I found something about like it. I could have spent the whole day and I some how thing that the fellow that had it probably would have let me. He had a story for dang near every one of them. Didn;t take any pictures, which thinking back on it was a shame. Some day may get back up there.
Thanks a bunch for the pictures.

#34 mmclaughlin OFFLINE  

• Member No: 2212
  • 70 Thanks
  • 147 posts

Posted March 01, 2012 - 10:16 PM

Not an exact address but will get you close enough to find it. West side of the road, just look for the L&G equiptment. I lost his phone# but hope to get out there sometime soon and will post the # when I do. Last time I was there he said he knew where there was a sickle bar mower attachment for a mf10/12. I gave him my phone # and told him he had a buyer for it if he could get it, haven't heard from him.

Thanks for the info, planning a road trip soon. How is his pricing ?

#35 callahan101 OFFLINE  

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 71619
  • 1 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted June 06, 2015 - 03:31 PM

Hi everyone.  In regards to Buckshot's yard, I just went there this afternoon looking for some Ford YT-16 stuff.  Last time I was there was 2 years ago, but looks like he's closed up shop.  The phone number I had for him isn't working anymore and it looks like someone is clearing everything out.  However if anyone has a more current phone number or knows what's going on there let me know.

#36 holdenboy1960 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 62113
  • 1,463 Thanks
  • 809 posts

Posted June 07, 2015 - 06:17 AM

TY for sharing the pic's

its a waste of vintage & collector machines to see the rotting in the dirt like that ,

he should give us all 1 each for appreciating them as we do  :smilewink:

Edited by holdenboy1960, June 07, 2015 - 06:20 AM.

• Bolens 1000 said thank you

#37 WazinskiJ OFFLINE  

• Member No: 83997
  • 6 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted July 21, 2016 - 10:38 AM

Unfortunately, Buckshot passed this passed March. He was a great guy. I have gotten many of the machines there to restore. My favorite was a 1969 MTD 1200 garden tractor. You guys are right, there are many treasures amongst the property, many had potential.
  • Bolens 1000, ducky, MH81 and 2 others have said thanks

#38 WazinskiJ OFFLINE  

• Member No: 83997
  • 6 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted July 21, 2016 - 10:39 AM

I've gotten many machines from him through the years.