GTTinkerer

GT Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1564
  • 1,153 Thanks
  • 1,326 posts

Posted August 04, 2012 - 09:36 PM

Glad that the truck was at least found in one piece. Now to catch the sorry S.O.B. that did it. Hopefully he wasn't tipped off or seen the truck being hauled to the impound.

Facebook took care of that. 15 minutes after the truck was found there was two pages of comments on the wife's facebook page. It is about as hard to keep a secret up here as it is in the White House.

The deputy sheriff came by with a cd disc and asked us to look at the tapes from the gas station and see if we recognized the perp. Nope don't ever remember seeing him before. 35 years old or so tattoo sleeve on the left arm to the wrist, tattoos on the chest, no shoes or shirt and only put in $6 in gas. Photos showed no gloves.

Sheriffs deputy said they were going to dust the truck for prints tonight. Photos showed no gloves so maybe something will pop up. Truck was found 3 miles from where is was stolen but seen 25 miles away by reliable witnesses. No one has touched the truck to look inside so hopefully the key is inside since there was only one and it will cost about $150 to get it rekeyed.
  • MH81 and Texas Deere and Horse have said thanks

#32 GTTinkerer OFFLINE  

GTTinkerer

GT Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1564
  • 1,153 Thanks
  • 1,326 posts

Posted August 04, 2012 - 09:45 PM

I'd almost like to know what you said to the mgr to light a bigger fire under her than the cops could. ;)

Simply reminded her that I have the receipts to prove that I buy $350 to 450 a month in fuel and my four kids who live in town also buy most of their fuel from one of the two stations her boss owns in town and I would be showing the receipts to her boss that I talk to at least once a week at a local restaurant.

Edited by GTTinkerer, August 04, 2012 - 09:47 PM.

• MH81, caseguy and Texas Deere and Horse have said thanks

#33 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted August 04, 2012 - 09:53 PM

Glad the truck is recovered, good luck with the next few stages of the process, it can be aggravating at times, but when you know their name and can find them in jail it is a very satisfying thing, believe me.

#34 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted August 05, 2012 - 01:57 PM

Facebook took care of that. 15 minutes after the truck was found there was two pages of comments on the wife's facebook page. It is about as hard to keep a secret up here as it is in the White House.

The deputy sheriff came by with a cd disc and asked us to look at the tapes from the gas station and see if we recognized the perp. Nope don't ever remember seeing him before. 35 years old or so tattoo sleeve on the left arm to the wrist, tattoos on the chest, no shoes or shirt and only put in $6 in gas. Photos showed no gloves.

Sheriffs deputy said they were going to dust the truck for prints tonight. Photos showed no gloves so maybe something will pop up. Truck was found 3 miles from where is was stolen but seen 25 miles away by reliable witnesses. No one has touched the truck to look inside so hopefully the key is inside since there was only one and it will cost about $150 to get it rekeyed.

Hopefully they come up with something when they take prints. Good luck with it.

#35 Toolpartzman OFFLINE  

Toolpartzman

Fun With Horsepower

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 7171
  • 468 Thanks
  • 1,280 posts

Posted August 07, 2012 - 05:48 AM

Great news on the recovery Bill.--Hopefully you can find the key, but if not, the ignition modules on those are pretty easy
to swap--the door locks are another problem, but hopefully it will be closer to $50 than $150.

#36 Toolpartzman OFFLINE  

Toolpartzman

Fun With Horsepower

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 7171
  • 468 Thanks
  • 1,280 posts

Posted August 07, 2012 - 05:55 AM

Son called saying the manager at the station can't be bothered to come in and let the officers look at the tapes until tomorrow. By then the truck will be in pieces. I hope the thief burns the place down overnight to destroy the tapes

You have some dedicated officers Bill. Here in Little Rock, they wouldn't even make a report, let alone look for it :spanka: