GTTinkerer

GT Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1564
  • 1,153 Thanks
  • 1,326 posts

Posted August 03, 2012 - 07:41 PM

Well they found the truck. The county sheriff who is a family friend stopped by and told me he stumbled onto the truck himself. He was out riding the backroads and saw a truck like ours pull up to a house and the driver got out and ran inside the house. This truck was a different color but was a F150 Lariat 4 door, The sheriff got out and talked to the young lady in the truck who said the guy was going to the bathroom. When the guy came back out the sheriff explained the situation and told him that our tuck had a pit bull sticker on the back window. The guy said he had just saw a truck like that a few minutes earlier and took the sheriff to the truck. It was in the woods behind some tall sumac and briars.

The thief did not hurt the truck but left some of his garbage and clothing in like he was going to come back to it. They were bringing the truck into town on a flat bed. The sheriff wanted to talk to the son so I dialed him up and told him they had found the truck and that it was pretty easy to find with the big cloud of smoke rolling off it. He was speechless until I told him the truth that the truck was fine. The thief did keep the key maybe he will have it in his pocket when they catch up to him.

The sheriff was on his way up to look at the tapes at the gas station. They will keep the truck until at least Sunday to process the garbage and clothing and to look for fingerprints.

Thanks for the replies.

Edited by GTTinkerer, August 03, 2012 - 07:43 PM.

• MH81 and Texas Deere and Horse have said thanks

#17 Cvans OFFLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,518 Thanks
  • 5,033 posts

Posted August 03, 2012 - 07:43 PM

I know your chances of catching him are fading by the minute but I still hope they can catch the thief.
Best of luck to you and your family.
  • GTTinkerer said thank you

#18 GTTinkerer OFFLINE  

GTTinkerer

GT Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,153 Thanks
  • 1,326 posts

Posted August 03, 2012 - 07:56 PM

To add insult to injury the sheriff just brought me the towing bill for getting it the four miles back to town. $40 for the tow and another $20 for the impounding, what ever that is since it is in the village police department's garage. My wife told him that since he signed it he can pay it. Good thing we have towing coverage.

The thief's photo should make the news tomorrow. They believe he is behind the rash of stolen vehicles.

#19 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted August 03, 2012 - 08:12 PM

Glad you got it back in 1 pc.
I don't understand, why the police didn't push the manager harder to see the tapes.
Why wouldn't they threaten obstruction of justice, and get a judge's order. Afterall, with
a rash of 35 thefts, in a small town, you'd think they'd be jumping all over the opportuinity.

#20 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,651 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted August 03, 2012 - 08:17 PM

Great they found the truck. Bet your son is more careful in similar situations from now on.

#21 middleageddeere OFFLINE  

middleageddeere

Tacos!

• Member No: 2033
  • 243 Thanks
  • 1,082 posts

Posted August 03, 2012 - 08:20 PM

Very few things rile me up like people who steal. There have been several times people have stolen from me when I thought, geez if he had just asked, I woulda gave it to him.

#22 JDGuy445 OFFLINE  

JDGuy445
  • Member No: 10419
  • 356 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted August 03, 2012 - 08:22 PM

Good to hear you got the truck back. That thief is lucky he ain't from around here or else he would have a shotgun looking down at him for sure. Tell the cops that hey can pay the bill your not the one that asked them to tow it. Someone needs to straighten out the station manager too.

#23 GTTinkerer OFFLINE  

GTTinkerer

GT Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,153 Thanks
  • 1,326 posts

Posted August 03, 2012 - 08:58 PM

The boy is hoping the thief filled up the gas tank. I am going to go up and talk to the lady manager tomorrow and express my displeasure.over her lack of concern for the folks that support her life style.

The sheriff is having a couple of deputies spend the night where the truck was found hoping he'll come back since he still has they key.

#24 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,361 Thanks
  • 1,476 posts

Posted August 03, 2012 - 09:11 PM

Glad that the truck was at least found in one piece. Now to catch the sorry S.O.B. that did it. Hopefully he wasn't tipped off or seen the truck being hauled to the impound.

#25 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,710 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted August 03, 2012 - 09:13 PM

You know in ancient Israel when they caught a thief the punishment was to cut off their hands. May be we should implement it here.

#26 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,626 Thanks
  • 3,918 posts

Posted August 03, 2012 - 09:26 PM

Cops should have left the truck there if they are going to stake out the place. Thief might have seen it on the flatbed going bye bye.

#27 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,315 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted August 03, 2012 - 09:27 PM

Bill, great news that they found it & it was in one piece. I hope they catch the sorry little b*stard who stole it & then find the other 35 parked out back of his house. If so, I hope he doesn't come up for parole until 2112.

I'd almost like to know what you said to the mgr to light a bigger fire under her than the cops could. ;)

#28 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,315 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted August 03, 2012 - 09:28 PM

Cops should have left the truck there if they are going to stake out the place.

Great idea, all they had to do was unplug the spark module or take the distributor and wait until they hear the cranking...

#29 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted August 03, 2012 - 09:33 PM

Bill, I'm sorry to hear that the truck was stolen, but glad that it came back in one piece. At least the police are investigating the theft! Several years ago someone stole my wife's van out of our driveway. When it was found all smashed up, I asked the Officer who informed us that it was found what they were going to do to catch the SOB that stole it. He said "don't concern yourself with it. You got it back so we won't do anything." ?!?!?!
Anyhow, I hope that the manager has to deal with someone like herself the next time she's in a difficult situation! I also hope that they catch the #$%^&* and throw him in jail for a looooooooooooooooooong time!

#30 Cvans OFFLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,518 Thanks
  • 5,033 posts

Posted August 03, 2012 - 11:48 PM

Like the others have said, glad you got your truck back.

when they caught a thief the punishment was to cut off their hands

With things the way they are today the tax payers would have to pay to have his hands cut off and then support him for the rest of his life because he is now disabled. :mad2:
  • GTTinkerer, HDWildBill and Toolpartzman have said thanks