skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,410 Thanks
  • 3,162 posts

Posted August 18, 2012 - 07:25 PM

Best thing would be to connect the trans output shaft directly to the cub transmission input . This way you will have the extra gearing in both transmissions. And lock up that bike clutch hard or it will slip . The cub clutch is the one to use because there are a ton of goodies availability for them. :).

#17 rice burner OFFLINE  

rice burner
  • Member No: 16821
  • 2 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted December 05, 2012 - 04:12 PM

I am actually running a puller called "Rice Burner" as you can tell from the name it is highly modified and runs alcohol for a fuel. and iam running a KZ1000 with a MTC big bore kit, Wieseco Pistons and rings.
  • LilysDad said thank you

#18 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,646 Thanks
  • 7,675 posts

Posted December 05, 2012 - 07:20 PM

We're glad you could join us. How would you address the OP's problem?

#19 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • Member No: 11127
  • 1,327 Thanks
  • 1,511 posts

Posted December 06, 2012 - 01:00 PM

Best of luck on your build and dont forget pics!

#20 rice burner OFFLINE  

rice burner
  • 2 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted December 06, 2012 - 01:03 PM

I have mine ran to a live straight axle. using a heavy duty chain rivited not master linked. and i am also running the clutch from the KZ1000 engine itself. and with this set up this tractor has 18 grand national titles. it pulls in the 1100 lb open modified class.
i am also running the rear brack drum and caliper from the parts bike the motor came from.
  • LilysDad said thank you

#21 Guest_gravely-power_*

Guest_gravely-power_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted December 06, 2012 - 01:52 PM

Ain't none of this true without :camera: :camera:

#22 rice burner OFFLINE  

rice burner
  • 2 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted December 06, 2012 - 04:03 PM

i have pics of my tractor posted in my gallery, i will try and get some shots from under it of the rear drive to add this weekend.
I am running MTC 1575cc big bore jugs, a drag bike after market clutch, wiseco pistons and rings,top fuel drag bike cam from star racing, same place i got the jugs, clutch, and pistons. but all that was not cheap at all. and i plan on updating to a full electronic ignition system that is 100% adjustable, and can also be set tuned from a laptop at the track as well.

Edited by rice burner, December 06, 2012 - 04:10 PM.

#23 rice burner OFFLINE  

rice burner
  • 2 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted December 06, 2012 - 04:10 PM

I am also in the process of putting a built 600cc kawasaki ninja motor into a riding lawn tractor and going to run the same setup in that one for a drive line.

#24 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • Member No: 11127
  • 1,327 Thanks
  • 1,511 posts

Posted December 07, 2012 - 12:45 AM

I have mine ran to a live straight axle. using a heavy duty chain rivited not master linked. and i am also running the clutch from the KZ1000 engine itself. and with this set up this tractor has 18 grand national titles. it pulls in the 1100 lb open modified class.
i am also running the rear brack drum and caliper from the parts bike the motor came from.

Dont mean to be a pain but what circuit did you pull with to get those grand national titles? The only circuit that comes to mind is the NTPA series. :dancingbanana:

#25 rice burner OFFLINE  

rice burner
  • 2 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted December 07, 2012 - 07:06 AM

The titles are not mine, they are actually my late uncles. I got the tractor 10 years after his passing, it took me 6 months to get it running. And yes my uncle used to pull in the NGTPA, as well as with the Sneaky Petes Pullers based in minnesota. I am hoping to carry on that lagacy with this tractor. and as i stated also i am building a tractor called "Rice Burner Too" that will be running a highly modified 600cc Ninja motor. This tractor has been pulling for years around this area, and will soon be doing it all over agian.

#26 rice burner OFFLINE  

rice burner
  • 2 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted December 07, 2012 - 07:24 AM

Oh and it also pulled for the "Gsgtp" (Gopher State Garden Tractor Pullers)
and i was mistaken they are not "Grand National" they are National titles. I actually called my grandmother who has all his trophies.
and yes he has 18 of those and countless other trophies.
HIs buddy that helped him get going is Esden Lehn the owner and driver of "RedLine Fever"