Utah Smitty

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5557
  • 1,643 Thanks
  • 1,746 posts

Posted August 02, 2012 - 09:51 PM

A guy has a Kubota B9200 tractor for sale locally. It is set up as a yard tug--no PTO, and no 3 point hitch. The rear tires are large balloon turf-type tires. I've checked new Ag equivaltents--$450 to $600 eacy.

B9200 HST 1.jpg B9200 HST 4.jpg B9200 HST 5.jpg B9200 HST 6.jpg

However, it is a HST and does have manual 4wd.

It's pretty clean, and he's asking less than $1,500 for it.

I'm looking for a large GT (like a Case 644) or a small Compact Tractor that I can use for general duty--no mowing, but want to have a FEL and 3 point hitch--PTO is optional. The owner says there are ports for hydraulics, but I'm not sure what he's referring to, and I can find any data on this particular setup.

Any idea what it would take to get a FEL and 3 point hitch setup on this tractor?

Thanks in Advance...

#2 Wheel Horse Kid OFFLINE  

Wheel Horse Kid

Certified Wheel Horse Nut

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 10019
  • 213 Thanks
  • 817 posts

Posted August 02, 2012 - 10:28 PM

Don't know about setting up the 3 point hitch and FEL, but I do want to say that is one beast of a tractor! Looks to be in very nice shape too!

#3 Utah Smitty OFFLINE  

Utah Smitty

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,643 Thanks
  • 1,746 posts

Posted August 03, 2012 - 12:05 AM

Don't know about setting up the 3 point hitch and FEL, but I do want to say that is one beast of a tractor! Looks to be in very nice shape too!

LOL!! Yeah, with those big rear tires I bet I could take it in the swamps and it wouldn't sink!!!

#4 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted August 03, 2012 - 05:46 AM

I've not seen a B9200 up here but the smaller B series tractors of that vintage are common. 1500$ seems like a very good price. If the hours are reasonable on it and it's been well maintained it's a bargain. You should be able to find 3pt hitch parts used. I'm guessing the other b series tractors of that era would have the same hitch. It's worth calling a Kubota dealer and finding out what the scoop is on that model. Same with the loader and an aftermarket loader would probably be available as well. Those fat tires are typically used on golf course equipment so that may have been where it made it's living at some point.
  • Utah Smitty said thank you

#5 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted August 03, 2012 - 08:13 AM

I looked it up on tractordata.com and it was made from 86-90 and is 22.5 hp. They listed a 3 point, loader & backhoe available.
I have no idea what models the parts would interchange on, but you might have to scrounge them up in salvage yards.
There are a number of Kubota's in the Colfax Salvage yard, but the sheet metal is wadded up to the point you would have to be a wizard to fix. This looks to have very good sheet metal.
I think the price is pretty reasonable.
  • Utah Smitty said thank you

#6 Utah Smitty OFFLINE  

Utah Smitty

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,643 Thanks
  • 1,746 posts

Posted August 04, 2012 - 09:27 AM

Thanks for the Input. It's very tempting... I did some checking and it is a Kubota B9200 HST-D. These were set up specifically to be a tug at airports, etc. I'm not sure why the huge turf tires, but maybe they give better traction on the concrete and asphalt.

Hydraulics can apparently be added by tapping into various ports on the transmission. The 3-point lift is an attachment that goes on to the top of the tranny case and has the cylinder inside... I suspect it would be pricey. The thing I need to do now is just to find out how much it would cost to add the 3-point hitch.

One other problem is that the tractor is pretty heavy--around 1700 lbs as it sits. Too heavy for my trailer, so I'd have to buy another trailer LOL!!

#7 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted August 09, 2012 - 03:52 PM

I suspect it would be pricey.

the proverbial "nail on the head"... parts for the bota's are neither common or cheap. You'd probably be better off finding a SCUT with a FEL already on it.

#8 sknap83 OFFLINE  

sknap83

• Member No: 5244
  • 3 Thanks
  • 41 posts

Posted August 09, 2012 - 08:18 PM

You can alwaysdrive it home.