Great call, Greg! I love happy endings!

#17 redcarkids OFFLINE  

redcarkids

Tractorholic

• Member No: 7555
  • 242 Thanks
  • 464 posts

Posted August 05, 2012 - 09:06 PM

Ok now for another dumb question. Why do they call the mower a 4212 when the deck is a 36 or 38 inch. the engine is a 12 horse. Did these come with a 42 inch deck? The tag under the hood said 36 but I thought it looked bigger then that. Another question I did not get a manual and it needs a mower deck belt. Any one have the number?

#18 achomesteader OFFLINE  

achomesteader

GT Fanatic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8128
  • 867 Thanks
  • 2,231 posts

Posted August 05, 2012 - 09:45 PM

4212 means that it is a 4200 series (design series) tractor with a 12 hp engine. It has nothing to do with mower deck size.

A 36" deck was all that was offered with that series tractor.

The arbor drive belt is Simplicity part #1713549. It's a 70.1" HA belt.

You can download Operator's and Parts manuals by using the model no. (ID no.) of your tractor at this site:

http://www.simplicitymfg.com/manuals/

You will find the model no. on the ID tag located on the left side of the frame, above the running board, right beside the PTO lever. It should be a number like 1691340.
  • redcarkids said thank you

#19 Rock farmer ONLINE  

Rock farmer
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10759
  • 1,119 Thanks
  • 1,177 posts

Posted August 08, 2012 - 07:31 PM

My 5212.5 has all the belt part numbers listed under the hood!
Somebody at simplicity was awfully smart to do that!!

Joe

#20 redcarkids OFFLINE  

redcarkids

Tractorholic

• 242 Thanks
  • 464 posts

Posted August 10, 2012 - 11:50 AM

Mine does too now that I have looked a little closer :blush2: . I ordered a belt off of e-bay and got it yesterday. Got it on the mower this morning and plan to cut some gas when the rain stops :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: . Also tightened up the steering play. IO do have a small oil leak somewhere under the engine. Keeping a eye on this. Can't tell just yet where its coming from. thanks for all the help with this mower guys!

#21 JeffinIA OFFLINE  

JeffinIA

• Member No: 6212
  • 2 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted September 05, 2012 - 02:25 PM

These are Nice Lts , I have 2 both geared, I got my 1st 1 in 1987 it was a year old . I just put it's first deck bearings in last year.I don't mow with it much anymore but keep it because it was my 1st LT. The 2nd 1 I got about 5 years ago as a parts doner and after looking at it I tinkered around and got it running. the 10 hp in it is getting tired and today I took a much needed day off work and am in the process of putting a 12hp in it . Great little LTs and I hope you enjoy yours.
  • redcarkids said thank you

#22 redcarkids OFFLINE  

redcarkids

Tractorholic

• 242 Thanks
  • 464 posts

Posted May 31, 2015 - 09:15 PM

You know how you get a new toy and work on it a while and then get another toy and you forget about the first one?   Well I discovered a old toy again this week and bought her new tires.  I got the simplicity out this week and she started right up again.  ordered  new tires on ebay and had them in 2 days,  Took them to tire barn in Marion Indiana where they mounted them for free, yes free!!!

Came home today after church and drove my old toy around the yard.  Will post photo tomorrow.

#23 alec OFFLINE  

alec
  • Member No: 61353
  • 382 Thanks
  • 412 posts

Posted May 31, 2015 - 09:19 PM

I don't think you could go wrong with a $60 tractor!

oh yes you could !!!!   hahahaha . I know cuz I have one and I just cant bring myself to scrap  it . :D

but the tractor posted here is a good lookin tractor that runs . nothin wrong about that   :thumbs:

Edited by alec, May 31, 2015 - 09:21 PM.