UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,767 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted August 02, 2012 - 06:30 PM

Well since I don't have a single thing that can drive itself it could be anything. So far I have no autopilot on any tractor or truck.
  • MailmAn said thank you

#18 MailmAn OFFLINE  

MailmAn
  • Member No: 10315
  • 292 Thanks
  • 723 posts

Posted August 02, 2012 - 10:04 PM

Well since I don't have a single thing that can drive itself it could be anything. So far I have no autopilot on any tractor or truck.

Lol... Nice one, wise ass... :smilewink: I meant something that can move under its own power with someone driving it... Although if you put one of those old Bolens in gear and jump off the tractor, it will drive itself! (Into a wall or something, but you get my point...) I mean, you don't PUSH your tractors around the yard, do you? :huh:

I'm surprised by how much guessing was done on this one! This is up to 2 pages already and no one has guessed it yet either! I'm sure someone will give a big D'oh when all is revealed...

Here is a BIG hint while I'm uploading the rest of the pictures:

Posted Image

Any other last-minute guesses?

#19 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,213 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted August 02, 2012 - 10:06 PM

Stop playing post the pics.

#20 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted August 02, 2012 - 10:11 PM

OH, OH, OH, I know what it is! It's a Brinly attachment that you can use with your Bolens :laughingteeth:
  • MailmAn said thank you

#21 MailmAn OFFLINE  

MailmAn
  • 292 Thanks
  • 723 posts

Posted August 02, 2012 - 10:21 PM

Okay, so here's my latest acquisition(s):

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The lawn sweeper also came with a matching (not really) tow-behind dethatcher!! Now I can finally dethatch as well...

(Not quite as nice or unique as Old Buzzard's front PTO powered dethatcher, but it will work in a pinch and it cost a lot less...)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I picked them up from a guy in Duanesburg who was getting rid of them. He bought a big Kubota tractor with a vacuum setup on it as well as like a 50" wide dethatcher to use with it, so he didn't need these anymore. I picked them BOTH up for $100. I figured it was a pretty good bargain. I'd still like a Trac-Vac for my Bolens, but this will work well in the meantime and it ended up being a hell of a lot cheaper.

Edited by MailmAn, August 02, 2012 - 10:22 PM.

• MH81 and OldBuzzard have said thanks

#22 Wheel Horse Kid OFFLINE  

Wheel Horse Kid

Certified Wheel Horse Nut

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 10019
  • 213 Thanks
  • 817 posts

Posted August 02, 2012 - 10:32 PM

Nice looking lawn sweeper and dethatcher! Good price too! I got an agri fab lawn sweeper and it works pretty well! Alot cheaper than a trac vac!
  • MailmAn said thank you

#23 MailmAn OFFLINE  

MailmAn
  • 292 Thanks
  • 723 posts

Posted August 02, 2012 - 10:38 PM

I just got a chance to use the sweeper today too while mowing a customer's lawn. It did a pretty nice job I have to say. I ended up with probably around a 30 gallon trash bag full of grass clippings in the sweeper's bin when I was done with the whole lawn. I was surprised at how much was in there when I was done. I just wish there was an easier way to neatly remove the clippings from the bin rather than just dumping them in a pile and then having to pick them up... :unsure:

It was a pain trying to pack everything into the bed of my truck too to bring it over. It was a bit like playing Tetris. But I managed to make it all fit:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now you see why I could use a trailer, even though I don't have room to put it anywhere... But an enclosed one WOULD be freakin' sweet!!! :dancingbanana:

(Oh, and BTW - EVERYTHING in that truck [including the truck too, actually...] I bought used. I didn't pay retail prices for anything and bought them all and fixed them up. The Craftsman self-propelled mower is probably the newest thing in there too. I just bought that this year after my other Craftsman broke down and I didn't feel like fixing it for the 4th time in 3 years... lol. I paid $150 for the push mower, which is what I paid for the Bolens too... :huh: I got the string trimmer for $15. It just needed fuel lines put on it and an air cleaner to get running again. I have two more Homelite string trimmers I also bought for another $10 [I paid $25 total for all three] but I haven't been able to get the others running yet. I put new fuel lines on them too and tried starting them but I get nothing. I think the coil might be shot as I'm not getting spark for some reason? I put a new plug in it too!!!)

Edited by MailmAn, August 02, 2012 - 11:00 PM.

• Newpaws493 said thank you

#24 Wheel Horse Kid OFFLINE  

Wheel Horse Kid

Certified Wheel Horse Nut

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 10019
  • 213 Thanks
  • 817 posts

Posted August 02, 2012 - 10:59 PM

I just got a chance to use the sweeper today too while mowing a customer's lawn. It did a pretty nice job I have to say. I ended up with probably around a 30 gallon trash bag full of grass clippings in the sweeper's bin when I was done with the whole lawn. I was surprised at how much was in there when I was done. I just wish there was an easier way to neatly remove the clippings from the bin rather than just dumping them in a pile and then having to pick them up... :unsure:

It was a pain trying to pack everything into the bed of my truck too to bring it over. It was a bit like playing Tetris. But I managed to make it all fit:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now you see why I could use a trailer, even though I don't have room to put it anywhere... But an enclosed one WOULD be freakin' sweet!!! :dancingbanana:

(Oh, and BTW - EVERYTHING in that truck [including the truck too, actually...] I bought used. I didn't pay retail prices for anything and bought them all and fixed them up. The Craftsman self-propelled mower is probably the newest thing in there too. I just bought that this year after my other Craftsman broke down and I didn't feel like fixing it for the 4th time in 3 years... lol. I paid $150 for the push mower [which is what I paid for the Bolens too... :huh: ] and I got the string trimmer for $15. It just needed fuel lines put on it and an air cleaner to get running again. I have two more Homelite string trimmers I also bought for another $10 [I paid $25 total for all three] but I haven't been able to get the others running yet. I put new fuel lines on them too and tried starting them but I get nothing. I think the coil might be shot as I'm not getting spark for some reason? I put a new plug in it too!!!)

Looks like quite the load there! That is a great way to save money by buying used! The saying "Don't buy new when used will do" comes to mind!
  • MailmAn said thank you

#25 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,150 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted August 03, 2012 - 12:13 AM

Hey, now when you've got it all crammed together, fully loaded that is a bit of a riddlemobile to the untrained eye... :blink: but it's function over form and I'm happy you've got you're stuff on the road for workin' mode. Not too long ago you were pretty anxious just to get that '850 runnin., looks like she's gonna be earnin her keep! (Also happy you're not reporting any mechanical or operator Fails from the field! ) :thumbs:
  • MailmAn said thank you

#26 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,488 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted August 03, 2012 - 04:54 AM

$100.00 for both of them is a danged nice deal...ya dun good :thumbs:
  • MailmAn said thank you