lyall

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2180
  • 1,745 Thanks
  • 1,397 posts

Posted August 01, 2012 - 10:36 PM

Check out this site. using wood mulch. a lot of info to read and listen to. it is interesting

http://backtoedenfil...bout/index.html
  • LilysDad said thank you

#2 speedyg OFFLINE  

speedyg

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4412
  • 71 Thanks
  • 434 posts

Posted August 02, 2012 - 01:45 AM

lyall, Thanks for passing down the vidio, stayed up way late watching it, just had to finish it to the end though. Good info for the garden and the soul.

#3 jd.rasentrac OFFLINE  

jd.rasentrac

Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10327
  • 4,441 Thanks
  • 3,988 posts

Posted August 02, 2012 - 06:12 AM

At germany we call it Bio-Anbau or Bio-Landwirtschaft. The products are a little more expensive and look natural (not even as in the video). A slogan here is: we have this earth just leased from our children.

#4 twostacks OFFLINE  

twostacks

• Member No: 6470
  • 447 Thanks
  • 426 posts

Posted August 02, 2012 - 09:49 AM

It is very interesting. I watched about 15 minutes of it and I want to finish it. Thanks for posting.

#5 speedyg OFFLINE  

speedyg

Tractorholic

• 71 Thanks
  • 434 posts

Posted August 03, 2012 - 02:09 AM

At germany we call it Bio-Anbau or Bio-Landwirtschaft. The products are a little more expensive and look natural (not even as in the video). A slogan here is: we have this earth just leased from our children.

jd.rasentrac, What do you mean by the products are more expensive and look natural ( not like in the video ) could you explain a little more please. thankyou !
  • jd.rasentrac said thank you

#6 jd.rasentrac OFFLINE  

jd.rasentrac

• Contributor
  • 4,441 Thanks
  • 3,988 posts

Posted August 03, 2012 - 04:13 AM

Many farmers at germany produce bio-food. As seen in the video, they don´t plow the field and use organic manure. Chemical fertilizier is shut down to the absolute minimum. Using spray chemicals (pesticide, herbicide) and mutated seeds is not allowed.
The field will be grubed (from to grub - we call it grubbern) and then sowing starts.

Harvest yield in alternative farming is lower than in orthodox, that makes the goods more expensive.
The skin of vegetable and fruit can be blurry. So it doesn´t look so fine as you see in fruit advertising.

But farming this way saves the environment and the agricultural products taste as well as orthodox produced - some people say, that natural products have a better taste.

And there´s no difference between gardening and farming here in germany. All this is made for protecting drinking water, the biggest treasure on earth.

I hope, I found an answer to your question - tried to explain as well as I can :blush2:

Edited by jd.rasentrac, August 13, 2012 - 01:11 PM.

• LilysDad said thank you

#7 speedyg OFFLINE  

speedyg

Tractorholic

• 71 Thanks
  • 434 posts

Posted August 05, 2012 - 11:06 PM

Many farmers at germany produce bio-food. As seen in the video, they don´t plow the field and use organic manure. Chemical fertilizier is shut down to the absolute minimum. Using spray chemicals (pesticide, herbicide) and mutated seeds is not allowed.
The field will be gruped and then sowing starts.

Harvest yield in alternative farming is lower than in orthodox, that makes the goods more expensive.
The skin of vegetable and fruit can be blurry. So it doesn´t look so fine as you see in fruit advertising.

But farming this way saves the environment and the agricultural products taste as well as orthodox produced - some people say, that natural products have a better taste.

And there´s no difference between gardening and farming here in germany. All this is made for protecting drinking water, the biggest treasure on earth.

I hope, I found an answer to your question - tried to explain as well as I can :blush2:

You did well, thanks for taking the time to address my guestions.

#8 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,597 Thanks
  • 7,654 posts

Posted August 13, 2012 - 12:57 PM

You did well, thanks for taking the time to address my guestions.

The field will be gruped and then sowing starts.

What is "gruped", please???

#9 jd.rasentrac OFFLINE  

jd.rasentrac

• Contributor
  • 4,441 Thanks
  • 3,988 posts

Posted August 13, 2012 - 01:08 PM

What is "gruped", please???

Sorry, special words are hard to translate sometimes - the right way. We call it "grubbern", and I found the english word "grub". So grubed will be better?
And you have to use this implement for example

800px-Grubber_Pöttinger_Synkro2600.jpg kinder-gartengrubber.jpg

Edited by jd.rasentrac, August 13, 2012 - 01:15 PM.

• lyall and KennyP have said thanks