• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,248 Thanks
  • 15,613 posts

Posted July 17, 2010 - 05:31 AM

Rant #1:
I just have to rant a little. I need to make a posting on craigslist also. If your crap has sold delete the dam ad, don't update it with sold in the title line because if you are able to comprehend updating the title when it is sold you have the ability to click the delete link also.

Rant #2
If you are selling stuff on craigslist and you don't provide a phone number you will get questions through email, answer the f'ing things even if it is sold, if it is sold see rant #1

#2 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,446 Thanks
  • 17,086 posts

Posted July 17, 2010 - 06:08 AM

I know what you mean George.
I Seen a few ads where they say don't send me any e-mails and call me! but they dont leave a phone # :wallbanging:

#3 Bill56 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted July 17, 2010 - 07:07 AM

Yeah, it's kind of crazy to put a search out and have things come up that have been listed for months. I know some of the stuff may still be there, but I bet most of it is gone.

#4 Rick OFFLINE  

• Member No: 344
  • 15 Thanks
  • 168 posts

Posted July 21, 2010 - 05:36 PM

I listed my gravely snow blade on Craig's list for 150.00.Some jackass called me at 11:45 at night he wanted to know if I had everything needed to mount it on the tractor.He said that was the cheapest snow blower for the gravely he'd ever seen.I just got the baby to sleep when he called,he wanted to argue with me about it being a blade and not a blower.When it was all over I was up trying to get the baby back to sleep around 2 am.I would have shot him through the phone if it could have been done.What an ASS!!!!!

#5 old iron OFFLINE  

old iron

• Member No: 1270
  • 0 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted September 26, 2010 - 09:18 AM

I see this is an old thread......but what the heck........don't even get me started on this subject!! When I post on Craigslist, I ALWAYS indicate that my ad will be deleted when sold, and I actually follow through. I also never show an email, just my cell phone number. That way if some moron feels the need to ask about it at 2 AM the phone is off and he can't wake us up. Also, I have found that email replies mostly consist of "what's the least I'll take"....I hate that, after spending time making sure it runs perfect and won't come back. Nothing better than the guy who shows up with his own trailer to bring it home with and doesn't dicker the price down or think I put gear oil in the crankcase to hide a rod knock. We sure do love easy transactions. LOL

When I buy from Cragslist, I just hope the seller is as consciencious as am. Usually I don't buy from ads, I post for parts wanted. :D

Edited by old iron, September 26, 2010 - 09:57 AM.
subscribed to thread