Still NO FIRE?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 betterthanideserve OFFLINE  

• Member No: 656
  • 0 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted July 17, 2010 - 05:26 AM

My MF12 still has no fire.Solid state ok new battery didnt work. Dont know how to check stator?????????Massey lovers any help would be gReAt.If would like to discuss on phone send # and i will call THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH.:wallbanging::worshippy1:PS carb leaks after new seat and needle??

#2 fordmustang1984 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 27
  • 23 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted July 17, 2010 - 12:13 PM

Have you tried a new plug?

#3 mikebramel OFFLINE  

Ron Paul

• Member No: 82
  • 176 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted July 17, 2010 - 04:30 PM

it leaks from where? or you are saying it floods
you have spark
turn the main jet on the bottom 1 1/2 out. half throttle, around half choke

#4 coldone OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 839
  • 1,630 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted July 17, 2010 - 04:50 PM

I am guessing that the engine is a tecumseh hh120 with solidstate ignition. I read the other post where you swapped parts from the 10hp over to the 12 and now it still doesnt fire. Correct?

If the parts from the hh100 was working on it then they should be working on the HH120. Did you disconnect the kill wire that comes from the switch to the engine shroud. If the key switch is bad it can allow the kill wire to be active all the time. Also you did change out the plug, didnt you.

#5 Rick OFFLINE  

• Member No: 344
  • 15 Thanks
  • 168 posts

Posted July 17, 2010 - 05:21 PM

Did you try the ignition switch maybe it is bad.

#6 FirefyterEmt OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 610
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted September 17, 2010 - 08:07 PM

You state the SSI unit is good, but how? It sounds like you had it running on another motor, right? If so, there is a very good chance the charge coil for the SSI that is on the stator coil is bad. That is the part that charges up the SSI, so without it, it will never fire. On that note, your switch could be bad as well, if the switch does everything else, disconnect the 3-wire plug going to the motor and see if it runs. If it does, you will not be able to shut it off, but I bet plugging that plug back in will kill it. That would show that the switch is probably bad and grounded out.

If the carb is leaking, it's probably that stupid spring loaded drain on the fuel bowl. My suggestion? Weld, solder, or braze it shut. If it does not leak now DON"T TOUCH IT!

Hee hee... This is kinda an old post, Eh? That's what I get for catching up on missed posts!