#31 John@Reliable OFFLINE  

Procrastinators unite tomorrow

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 36
  • 1,294 Thanks
  • 1,416 posts

Posted August 02, 2012 - 09:30 AM

Went to an auction sale, Thought there was more likely the low price that would have to pay. Then the Massey got auctioned. Auctioneer asked for $100, no one bid, then $50, no one bid. He looked at me, because he knew I did mower repair and asked if I would bid $20 and I said yes. He auctioned at little and then said sold. :confuse: I was stunded, I was the winner with one bid.

So next was the Cub Cadet 70 that they didn't start. It has the creaper unit, deck, snowblower, and the Internaional Windbreaker farbic cab enclosure. The auctioneer said that he could sell any item seperate if anyone would want something. No one spoke up, so he said everything was going to be sold as one unit. I thought this is going to be high in price.So he beings auctioning, $300, no one bid, $200, no one bid, $100, no one bid. I thought what am I hearing! :confuse: So he looked at me again and asked for $50 for everything and I said yes. I had one guy bid a few times and I was the winner at $95 dollars for everything.

Should I call the cop and say that I had stolen something, or did I pay too much? :laughingteeth:[

Couple of years ago I got a Huge cement mixer for 20 bucks, it started @ 500. I was the first @ 20, SOLD! no one had time to bid, The man them stated to crowd, this isn't a yard sale, he was here to sale equipment! now lets go, or you can all leave now. This auction was mostly construction equipment and heavy trucks, but he made my day. We even laugh about it at the end of the day, but he was right, after that bidding was real and moved along quickly. P.S. Still use the mixer.
  • MH81, caseguy and JDBrian have said thanks

#32 Cvans OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,322 Thanks
  • 4,917 posts

Posted August 02, 2012 - 10:31 PM

I had a nice visit with Tim this afternoon. He has a huge assortment of garden and lawn tractors along with full sized tractors on the property.
He certainly made a great buy on the Cub Cadet and the snow blower. Thanks for your hospitality Tim.
  • MH81, caseguy and timtractor have said thanks

#33 timtractor OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 4824
  • 224 Thanks
  • 376 posts

Posted August 02, 2012 - 10:50 PM

The only thing was, is that Chris was here for 2 hours and only saw about half of the collection. :orangecool:

But that will give you the excuse to go flying again some other time to see the other half.
  • Cvans said thank you

#34 Wheel Horse Kid OFFLINE  

Wheel Horse Kid

Certified Wheel Horse Nut

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 10019
  • 213 Thanks
  • 817 posts

Posted August 03, 2012 - 07:33 AM

Got the cub going. All it was, a little dirt in the carb, and dirty points.

So that means it will be going with me to the Hanley Falls, Minesota Show this weekend. There are featuring IH tractors and all Cub Cadets.

That is great that you got the cub cadet going!
  • timtractor said thank you

#35 caseguy OFFLINE  

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted August 03, 2012 - 07:55 AM

Well, I think you overpaid! That seat you bought for $95 was in terrible shape! Getting the rest of the tractor for free...now THAT"S stealing! J/K of course, great buys on both items and really glad that you got the Cub running in short order! It's great that you and Chris were able to get together for a while too! Congrats!
  • timtractor and Cvans have said thanks