Garden Tractor Forums banner

biopsy

3K views 28 replies 11 participants last post by  ducky 
#1 ·
Well had to go to the hospital yesterday to have a biopsy done on a spot on my cheek.I was surprised just how much the freezing hurt,not the needle but the freezing itself.It felt just about like the worst hornet sting I've ever had x10.I've never had freezing feel like that before,and it went right up around my eye and froze my eye lids,what a weird feeling. Next week I have to take the stitches out. Now today I've got a sore face.:mecry:

#4 ·
Thanks guys,if it's not one thing,it's another.

#7 ·
Hey guys,I got my biopsy test results back today.Not the best news,it's skin cancer.Now I have to go to a plastic surgeon and have more cutting done.

#8 ·
mjodrey said:
Hey guys,I got my biopsy test results back today.Not the best news,it's skin cancer.Now I have to go to a plastic surgeon and have more cutting done.
My wife has had 3 skin cancers removed, but so far not the real nasty types. Likely they can remove yours with no problems whatsoever. Never good to hear that word cancer, that's for sure. I'll keep you in my prayers Maynard!

#9 ·
olcowhand said:
My wife has had 3 skin cancers removed, but so far not the real nasty types. Likely they can remove yours with no problems whatsoever. Never good to hear that word cancer, that's for sure. I'll keep you in my prayers Maynard!
Thank you Daniel,Yeah the word itself scares me.

#12 ·
Thanks guys,I appreciate that.Having just got the news,I am understandably a little scared about it right now.

#13 ·
What name did they give it....basil cell? Basil cell is the safest of the skin cancers. It is localized & easily removed. It's understandable you're being scared. I'm sure I would be too. I sure was each time my wife had a biopsy come back cancerous. Hers are all gone now, but another can come anytime I guess. She had 2 on her face...one on her nose, the other below her eyelid. The plastic surgeon did a great job. I seen the hole before she went to the plastic surgeon & it was shockingly large, but I laid my faith in the surgeons, and they did a superb job. In just a few weeks you wouldn't have know there had been anything done.
You'll be fine Maynard...I just know it.

#15 ·
The doctor hasn't told me what type it is yet,but I am going to the doctor Friday to have "the talk" about it.

#18 ·
Thank you fellas,you guys are the best.I will let you know what the doctor says about it on Friday .What a worry this is,didn't sleep at all last night.

#19 ·
I got my appointment today for my plastic surgery and you might know,It is in August,Friday the 13th . I am ever so slightly superstitious so it probably wasn't the best day for me to have it,but I didn't have a choice in the matter.

#20 ·
mjodrey said:
I got my appointment today for my plastic surgery and you might know,It is in August,Friday the 13th . I am ever so slightly superstitious so it probably wasn't the best day for me to have it,but I didn't have a choice in the matter.
Tell you what, to draw the bad luck away from you, I'll walk under a ladder on the 13th of August! That oughta give you some protection! But I'm telling ya, I have bad luck on most any day, so don't matter what day it is. And don't worry, those surgeons do some awesome work Maynard!

#21 · (Edited by Moderator)
I don't think that I would ask anyone to walk under a ladder even if it meant good luck for me,but thanks anyway.

#24 ·
OK guys,here it is.I was to the doctors today and got some more news.First off,the test results for my breathing problem were all in and everything showed up normal,that's the good news.
As to my biopsy,It is melanoma,and that I have been told is about the worst kind of skin cancer there is because it can spread through the body.I don't know it was caught in time or not,and I won't know until they remove it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.