UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,754 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted August 01, 2012 - 06:09 AM

Like every other day I am up with a cup of strong black coffee in hand reading my favorite forums online before I go out into the world and try to make a quarter.

Today I have to get a shed off my trailer and then head up to Charlotte to get a load of pallets. Then I will head home to see what I can do about building a bigger electrolysis tank. Then I need to clean up my mess in the yard from running in ahead of the rain yesterday and leaving junk outside. Then maybe so some painting on the GTV.

SO what is on your schedule?

#2 Amigatec OFFLINE  

Amigatec

Collector of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5899
  • 2,023 Thanks
  • 3,172 posts

Posted August 01, 2012 - 06:15 AM

Work!!! I need to retire, but I still have 10 years to go.

#3 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,452 Thanks
  • 6,618 posts

Posted August 01, 2012 - 06:30 AM

We are on vacation this week and it's raining , should be clearing out this morning . But nothing special going on , Al

#4 SearsYellow OFFLINE  

SearsYellow

Mower Extraordinaire

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10530
  • 449 Thanks
  • 561 posts

Posted August 01, 2012 - 06:43 AM

Last two days I have ran my rear end off. I played 18 holes a golf Monday and then I had to drive 30 miles to pick up a lawnmower. Got the mower home and took the deck apart. By that time it was 9 oclock at night. Yesterday, Tuesday, I got up at 8 oclock loaded some scrap metal and then headed to the parts store and paid 192 dollars for 2 spindles. After I paid for those I went back to my buddies house to load some more scrap metal. Made two, 20 minute trips, to pick up my daughter and her grandmother decided to keep her both times because she didn't want my daughter to going to the scrap metal place with us. It took us an hour to get a stupid trailer loaded that the scrap metal placed belly ached about because it had a wood floor and tires on it. They honestly didn't want to take it and I told them I wasn't taking it home. I'll drive a extra 40 miles before I return to the place that's 8 miles from my house. I think dealing with the scrap metal place was more exhausting than the physical work of loading it all.

Thanks BIG for giving me a place to vent this morning!

Edited by Gumby, August 01, 2012 - 06:44 AM.

• UncleWillie said thank you

#5 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,643 Thanks
  • 7,673 posts

Posted August 01, 2012 - 06:44 AM

I have a morning Lions Club meeting and then home to work on a wooden sign for the church.

#6 Wheel Horse Kid OFFLINE  

Wheel Horse Kid

Certified Wheel Horse Nut

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 10019
  • 213 Thanks
  • 817 posts

Posted August 01, 2012 - 06:46 AM

Last two days I have ran my rear end off. I played 18 holes a golf Monday and then I had to drive 30 miles to pick up a lawnmower. Got the mower home and took the deck apart. By that time it was 9 oclock at night. Yesterday, Tuesday, I got up at 8 oclock loaded some scrap metal and then headed to the parts store and paid 192 dollars for 2 spindles. After I paid for those I went back to my buddies house to load some more scrap metal. Made two, 20 minute trips, to pick up my daughter and her grandmother decided to keep her both times because she didn't want my daughter to going to the scrap metal place with us. It took us an hour to get a stupid trailer loaded that the scrap metal placed belly ached about because it had a wood floor and tires on it. They honestly didn't want to take it and I told them I wasn't taking it home. I'll drive a extra 40 miles before I return to the place that's 8 miles from my house. I think dealing with the scrap metal place was more exhausting than the physical work of loading it all.

Whew..Sounds like you were busy!
  • SearsYellow said thank you

#7 Wheel Horse Kid OFFLINE  

Wheel Horse Kid

Certified Wheel Horse Nut

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 10019
  • 213 Thanks
  • 817 posts

Posted August 01, 2012 - 06:53 AM

I am going to be thinking about my 5 1/2 month old German Shepherd puppy as he has surgery today. Dropped him off at 7:30 this morning and will not see him till about 7:00 tonight. He's my boy and I really care alot about him! If you guys could throw up a prayer for him, I would really appreciate it!
  • MH81, ncb and UncleWillie have said thanks

#8 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,754 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted August 01, 2012 - 06:59 AM

And scrap prices are in the toilet right now so you didn't even make that much money.

#9 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted August 01, 2012 - 07:04 AM

I am going to be thinking about my 5 1/2 month old German Shepherd puppy as he has surgery today. Dropped him off at 7:30 this morning and will not see him till about 7:00 tonight. He's my boy and I really care alot about him! If you guys could throw up a prayer for him, I would really appreciate it!

Prayer sent Taylor!

We have (or had) 3 scrap yards within 20 miles Gumby. The trouble is the closest one went bankrupt about 3 months ago. The second closest one stops taking loads at 2:30 (which is a problem when your usually work until 3:00!) and the third is picky about what they'll take and how you prep it. Mostly about the length of the materials. Their prices can vary greatly depending on whether it's "prepped" the way they like it.

Alc, I'm on vacation this week as well! We're headed up to Titusville, PA. My youngest has always had an interest in trains and we're going to take a ride on the OC&T Railroad which travels through the valley where oil was discovered and one of the stops is the Drake Well museum! Now for that cup of coffee!
  • HDWildBill and Wheel Horse Kid have said thanks

#10 New.Canadian.DB.Owner OFFLINE  

New.Canadian.DB.Owner
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10178
  • 2,224 Thanks
  • 1,451 posts

Posted August 01, 2012 - 07:04 AM

Sorry, Amigatec, but retirement is bussier than work. I need to build a new gate for the chicken compound, two new hen houses, and drawers for a cupboard my mother wants. I then need to repair the free snow blower, and look at the transmission for the STX38. If it doesn't pour rain, I'll also have to help the wife harvest the garden. No way I'll get it all done. I need to go back to working.

#11 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,754 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted August 01, 2012 - 07:06 AM

Here is a good thought for the pup. Hope he comes back good as new.
  • Wheel Horse Kid said thank you

#12 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,288 Thanks
  • 28,622 posts

Posted August 01, 2012 - 07:10 AM

Am on my second cup. Strong, black, not too hot. Got some GTT surfing in... Good morning.
Leaving in 15 minutes for the daily grind, everyone stay safe in their pursuits today.

Prayers to the puppy too. Hope all goes well and your buddy is back home soon.
  • Wheel Horse Kid said thank you

#13 jms180 OFFLINE  

jms180

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1266
  • 921 Thanks
  • 1,213 posts

Posted August 01, 2012 - 07:13 AM

i need go back to work also retirement is hard work. The wife and other people can find more things for me to do.

Edited by jms180, August 01, 2012 - 07:14 AM.

#14 tinner OFFLINE  

tinner

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 961
  • 502 Thanks
  • 1,561 posts

Posted August 01, 2012 - 07:49 AM

i need go back to work also retirement is hard work. The wife and other people can find more things for me to do.

That my friends is retirement in a nutshell and just when I'm really into something I hear "Ronnie, can you come here for a second?" There's nothing like having to restart a project several times to mess up your schedule.

Today it's wash the Tahoe, gather eggs, replace a hose bib and then drive down to Round Rock and pick up my "new to me" 990. Can't wait to get it home and see what all it needs. The PO said he hasn't started it in 5 years since he stopped gardening.

#15 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,754 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted August 01, 2012 - 08:12 AM

Well I went from this
Posted Image
to this
Posted Image
Now I have to stop and grab come cement blocks to set it down on.

Now we are off to Charlotte to get a trailer load of pallets.