• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,315 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted July 16, 2010 - 08:56 PM

I work at a Mom & Pop TV & Appliance store (Kinda like a Best Buy but with a conscience). Last evening a lady called the house several times (I wasn't home) then she started calling everyone with my last name until she got my parents house. This is 8PM. She had relatives over and couldn't remember how to run her DVD player I installed 7 years ago. :wallbanging: I was polite & helped her thru how she should do it & un-did what her husband had done by randomly pushing buttons, but I am tempted to call them next week at 8PM with an insurance question (he owns an independent insurance agency):sensored:

#2 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted July 16, 2010 - 10:34 PM

Yep, when your work has you dealing directly with the public, you meet all kinds!!!

#3 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted July 17, 2010 - 05:28 AM

I work at a Mom & Pop TV & Appliance store (Kinda like a Best Buy but with a conscience). Last evening a lady called the house several times (I wasn't home) then she started calling everyone with my last name until she got my parents house. This is 8PM. She had relatives over and couldn't remember how to run her DVD player I installed 7 years ago. :wallbanging: I was polite & helped her thru how she should do it & un-did what her husband had done by randomly pushing buttons, but I am tempted to call them next week at 8PM with an insurance question (he owns an independent insurance agency):sensored:

LOL, we get stuff like that too. At least you did the right thing and helped her out but I think you should call with your insurance questions LOL

#4 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted July 17, 2010 - 09:01 AM

Years ago when I repaired motorcycles & ATV's on the side of farming, the phone rang at 1am, and of course my 1st thought was something bad had happened to someone. Then I find it's some kooky lady wanting to know if I had any "used" spark plugs for her son's moped! Yep, she actually wanted a used plug to save money!!!!!! It was all I could do to not give her a cussing! Talk about idiots!

#5 coldone OFFLINE  

coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 839
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted July 17, 2010 - 04:29 PM

Send them an after hours service bill. You want get paid but it will make you feel better.

#6 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,625 Thanks
  • 3,918 posts

Posted July 18, 2010 - 05:24 PM

My uncle is an auctioneer and he had someone call him at 1AM to ask what color the push mower was that he was to sell at auction the next day. I know my uncle well enough that I'm gonna say that person got the royal cussin' of his life!!!! He did say the caller was inhebriated.

#7 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted July 21, 2010 - 05:06 PM

My uncle is an auctioneer and he had someone call him at 1AM to ask what color the push mower was that he was to sell at auction the next day. I know my uncle well enough that I'm gonna say that person got the royal cussin' of his life!!!! He did say the caller was inhebriated.

I can guarantee they would have gotten an ear full of four letter words if they called me at 1am in the morning to ask something stupid like that.