5 replies to this topic

#1 speedex99gt OFFLINE  

speedex99gt
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 10699
  • 43 Thanks
  • 52 posts

Posted July 28, 2012 - 08:08 PM

I have a speedex that i think is a s14 but i'm not sure i need help figuring out what year it is and what model it is the model or serial number is stamped on the frame and the numbers are 5787 or 5781 the last number Was only part there so i think its either a 1or a7, Thanks for any help you can give me.

#2 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,672 Thanks
  • 17,198 posts

Posted July 28, 2012 - 08:13 PM

Welcome to GTT!
If you can post up a few pictures someone may be able to ID it for you.

#3 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted July 28, 2012 - 08:14 PM

Welcome to the site! I unfortunately can't help you with your speedex, somebody who can help will be here shortly! We would like to see pics if you have any!

#4 bolex OFFLINE  

bolex
  • Member No: 9864
  • 123 Thanks
  • 313 posts

Posted August 02, 2012 - 02:14 PM

are you sure that the last is a number on some the last was a letter . the smallest speedex i have and i can't say for sure it's a S14 has a serial # 348H and my S17 serial # is AM240 . so since they only made about 1000 units of each model per year i would venture to guess that your # should read 578I/L , the later models had 4 digit model/serial but most of the early that i've seen are 3 digits and a letter before or after. I still can't find a place to accuratly find any model/serial info , it's like all the number info for them is top secret confidential for elpresidenty eyes only no one else in the whole world is allowed to know info for those few people that have it and if you don't too darn bad you aint gitten it without pay'n through the nose or begging on your knee's for a week and still end up with the wrong info in the end. I'm hoping to run into a gentleman at one of the local shows before the end of the season who carries a scrap of paper with all the year codes and frame numbers in his wallet I just might pay him for a copy of that scrap of paper then post the info here for all to see . :thumbs:

#5 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted August 06, 2012 - 04:22 PM

Yes, Speedex guru's are weird to work with and "talk" to on web and forums not too busy. There is this site that has most info on them and manuals to download, and history and a forum to ask questions. speedextractorinformation.org Note the org part. Check them out on models and features of each and maybe download some manuals to compare. Manuals are not very big, mostly about six pages of parts blow-ups and front picture.

#6 bolex OFFLINE  

bolex
  • Member No: 9864
  • 123 Thanks
  • 313 posts

Posted September 11, 2012 - 05:45 PM

speedex99gt there is a list of the year codes here under the manuals , i just found it the other day and it helped in a big way for me trying to figure out the years of my speedex tractors . it is under misc speedex info and sales brochure and then click on misc speedex info download at the bottom left is a list on the letters and year they go with , hope it helps

Edited by bolex, September 11, 2012 - 05:52 PM.

• speedex99gt said thank you