Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,481 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted July 27, 2012 - 03:00 PM

FYI

Fella in Altoona is advertising 2 Haban Sickle-Mos.

One for the tube frames and one for the large frames.

http://altoona.craig...3165976142.html

#2 wilberj OFFLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,206 Thanks
  • 5,216 posts

Posted July 27, 2012 - 07:44 PM

I like to have the large frame one.

Did any one see what I seen in the weeds?

#3 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,681 Thanks
  • 17,202 posts

Posted July 27, 2012 - 08:39 PM

I like to have the large frame one.

Did any one see what I seen in the weeds?

Looks like a flail mower???

#4 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted July 27, 2012 - 08:57 PM

I think you still have a very good eye Brian. My pictures loaded sideways and I don't know how to correct them. My old neck got a little sore trying to study the pictures at a weird angle. I'm not sure that I would have been able to spot the flail mower even with the pics posted correctly.

#5 wilberj OFFLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,206 Thanks
  • 5,216 posts

Posted July 27, 2012 - 08:57 PM

Looks like a flail mower???

Great minds think alike. :thumbs:

#6 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,481 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted July 27, 2012 - 09:48 PM

I don't think that's a Flail-Mo.

I D/Led the pic, turned it right side up, and zoomed in as far as I could before it got too pixelated.

It's almost perfectly round all the way around. I think it's a roller, or a gas cylinder of some sort.

#7 MailmAn OFFLINE  

MailmAn
  • Member No: 10315
  • 292 Thanks
  • 723 posts

Posted July 27, 2012 - 10:20 PM

Is $400 a good deal for one or is that a bit high? Seems high to me, but then again they seem to be hard to find attachments, especially in working order. I'd ASSUME so, but does this take the place of a belly mower deck and just hangs off the side or can you run this along with a mower deck as well? I'd think it would be one or the other, unlike with, say Old Buzzard's dethatcher?

To end this debate as well, I sent the guy a message asking what else he's got in the photo that he might want to sell. I said I see a snow blower and what looks like a flail mower, or is that just a lawn roller or something? We'll see what he says... ;)

#8 MailmAn OFFLINE  

MailmAn
  • 292 Thanks
  • 723 posts

Posted July 27, 2012 - 10:38 PM

Hmmm... Sounds like Wilburj and Bolens 1000 might be right after all!!! Really good eyes, guys! :thumbs: Here is what he wrote me back:

"Give me a call! I have most of those available, flail mower, wheel weights, snowblowers, mower decks, etc..." :dancingbanana:

Anyone looking for any of this kind of stuff? Also, what are good prices on some of these?

#9 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,481 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted July 27, 2012 - 10:58 PM

Personally, I think that 400.00 for a tube frame Sickle-Mo is a bit on the high side. However, 450.00 for the large frame one may not be too far out of line. Those are a lot more rare that the tube frame ones. That'a assumining that they are in good, ready to mount and use shape.

They are 'stand alone' impliments. They mount in the same place as the mower deck.

They are not for finish mowing. They give a very rough cut, and are good for tall weeds/grass/hay. They are also good for mowing on banks, in ditches, etc. With them being off to the side they are good for trimming under low laying trees, and shrubbery as well.

Here's a pic of a ditch I use mine on, and a few pics of the north yard that got REAL high and I decided to use the Sickle-Mo on it just for grins and giggles. You can see that it's not a 'great' cutting jub. It just knocks it down. Also, here's a pic showing one mounted on my G10, just so you can see how they are mounted
100_4133.JPG 100_4182.JPG 100_4178.JPG 100_4177.JPG 100_4176.JPG 100_4180.JPG 100_4179.JPG
  • MailmAn said thank you

#10 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,481 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted July 27, 2012 - 11:04 PM

And...heres a vid of me using the G10 w/Sickle-Mo for the first time. You can see that it takes down tall weeds with ease.

• Bruce Dorsi and MailmAn have said thanks

#11 MailmAn OFFLINE  

MailmAn
  • 292 Thanks
  • 723 posts

Posted July 28, 2012 - 08:27 AM

Nice, OB!! Looks like you got all the cool toys!!! Seems if Bolens made it or it was made for a Bolens, you got one of them!

#12 MailmAn OFFLINE  

MailmAn
  • 292 Thanks
  • 723 posts

Posted July 28, 2012 - 08:31 AM

I was gonna say, this is a bit of a drive for me (6 hours) to get to Bedford, PA. I'm going to call him up and see what he's got. Maybe I can just buy a few things and have him ship them? We'll see... I was going to say though, if anyone was interested in say the large frame sickle bar mower or anything else he might have, I can pick it up for you if I have to drive down there anyways and meet you half-way somewhere or even deliver it to your house, depending on where you live and what you're looking for. Just saying... seems like this guy might have a lot of cool stuff available. IF there is any interest at all, get in touch with me and we'll work something out!
  • Newpaws493 said thank you

#13 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,481 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted July 28, 2012 - 05:19 PM

Just got off the phone with him.

He's the 'kid' that has listed a lot of stuff before. The one that lives in Pa and drives over into OH somewhere for college.

He seems to think that his stuff is worth more than it is.

The Flail-Mo needs a LOT of work, and he want's $300.00 for it.

He also has a G11, with the front end 'broken' off, and he said he'd like $300.00 for it as well.

I passed.
  • MailmAn said thank you

#14 MailmAn OFFLINE  

MailmAn
  • 292 Thanks
  • 723 posts

Posted July 29, 2012 - 09:49 AM

Hmmm... That's too bad then... :( Oh well... I've been busy working this weekend so I haven't had a chance to call him yet myself. I figured I'd do it Monday.

I didn't know if I should post a separate topic on this as well, but I was cruising around CL locally and come across this that I found interesting:

Posted Image

http://albany.craigs...3110728766.html

He wants to trade it for stuff, but I don't have anything he wants in trade, so I asked what he wants for it straight up in cash. He told me he wants $700, which I thought was about $500 too much for this, especially since it is so small. I'd think of spending $700 for the trac-vac that you have Old Buzzard, with the huge trailer and the separate leaf vac tube. But this is a VERY small vacuum and the guy doesn't even want it because it is so small and he has to empty it a lot for his yard. But IDK if I should counter-offer with a reasonable price or if it is a lost cause. Or is $500-$700 a good deal for this?

The other thing is I found a couple of Bolens Tillers for sale on CL for around $150-$200. IDK if they are the model of tiller he says he is looking for to trade, but it would be cheaper to buy a tiller from someone else and trade him for the vac!!! :bigrofl:

#15 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,481 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted July 29, 2012 - 10:16 AM

Asking $700.00 for that is insane.
Shucks, mine isn't worth that. I got mine for $800.00, but it also came with a sleeve hitch, AND a 1256.
  • MailmAn said thank you