23 replies to this topic

#16 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted July 27, 2012 - 08:22 PM

It was you! Ok in nice guy argument fashion, if everyone were to only use the left lane for passing the guys who want to go faster would not be jerky and frustrated (road rage) they would just be able to sail on through (and maybe get pulled over) you see by staying in the left lane while not passing you are impeding the flow of traffic. Doesn't sound like it is a big deal in your case but when old man Smithers, goes 50 next to a semi for a half an hour that can really mess up your 3 hour drive!

Totally agree on being on time. If I am not 30 mins early I feel like I am late. I have always been the one who gets up 3 hours before I need to be at work and arrives 45 minutes early and then forgets to punch in cause you aren't allowed to punch in early or something...

I can be guilty of the left lane thing. I don't like to go too far over the speed limit but I sure don't want to stay in the right lane doing 5 or 10 under either. So I'll cruise along in the left lane as long as I'm passing people, or am about to pass them. But I DO get itchy when I've been next to someone for more than a few minutes, and I'll accelerate to get past them. THEN it's time to pull into the right lane.

What bushes my go-press? It's the idiot that hung the sign on my truck that says "cut in front of me and slow down!" I can't find it myself, but it has to be there, cause I can't take a trip without some idiot sliding over and just missing my bumper, then slowing down.
  • middleageddeere said thank you

#17 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted July 27, 2012 - 09:09 PM

Congrats on the 1K mark, keep them coming!!

And watch it you guys, all small dogs are not yippers and ankle biters, come on over some time and meet Millie, she will change your mind :thumbs: .

But dont go next door to my brothers house, he has two miniature schnauzers, they do live up to the expectations.

#18 middleageddeere OFFLINE  

middleageddeere

Tacos!

• Member No: 2033
  • 243 Thanks
  • 1,082 posts

Posted July 27, 2012 - 09:20 PM

Yeah, agree with that. I have met a few little dogs that were BA but most of them are just BS.

#19 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted July 27, 2012 - 09:34 PM

Congrats again Adam! I did not see this, I started another thread, like always. LOL!

In the tractor world, I also hate over-spray on tires! The other thing is when somebody leaves their tractor all together, gives it a cruddy paint job, and says it is restored. That is absolutely not a restoration!

It never fails to annoy me when somebody takes something out of the garage and does not put it back where it belongs. Or leaves it someplace else all together! And, when people don't close the tool-box drawers. :mad2:

it brothers me when people aint use any punshuation or gramer or proper english when tipe sumthing and tipe things the way they sound

I also don't like little dogs, or cats, or Deeres. :bigrofl:

Edited by Ryan313, July 27, 2012 - 09:34 PM.

#20 bowtiebutler956 OFFLINE  

bowtiebutler956
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10021
  • 659 Thanks
  • 796 posts

Posted July 27, 2012 - 11:00 PM

Congrats on the 1000th! Things that chap my hide.

1. When my wife or kids put the toilet paper on the roller wrong! Its supposed to fold over not under! :bigrofl:

2. When my kids say their bored, when there are lots of things they could be doing to help out around the place! Boredom is just an excuse for laziness!
3. People with no common sense! These days, it seems like common sense is a very uncommon thing!

I'm done ranting for now! :thumbs:

Matt

#21 middleageddeere OFFLINE  

middleageddeere

Tacos!

• Member No: 2033
  • 243 Thanks
  • 1,082 posts

Posted July 28, 2012 - 06:26 AM

Ryan-> Too funny, I am starting to think you and I are the same person... :-)

Matt-> Two very good points, teens these days always talk about how there is nothing to do. Between internet and cable (I had neither) there options are limitless, it is they who are boring! And indeed common sense is be coming more and more of an oxymoron with every passing day...

#22 Toolpartzman OFFLINE  

Toolpartzman

Fun With Horsepower

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 7171
  • 468 Thanks
  • 1,280 posts

Posted July 29, 2012 - 06:25 AM

Amongst dozens-----CELL PHONE ADDICTS !!! :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

#23 HydroHarold OFFLINE  

HydroHarold
  • Member No: 9622
  • 702 Thanks
  • 977 posts

Posted July 31, 2012 - 12:26 AM

1K posts! Congrats and...

"Babies-I can't stand most babies, I don't think they are cute and they can be the most annoying things in the world."

OH THANK YOU kindred spirit, I don't feel so alone now! I don't like them either! "Here, don't you want to hold the bayyyybeeee?" Eeeewwww, for Heaven's sake "WHY" would I want to hold YOUR baby? Etc.!

"One of my peeves is chronic lateness for work."

Absolutely! I'm retired and darn it, when someone's late for work it is I who is there inconvienced waiting for them to do what they are supposed to be doing!

Re. "Small dogs"

If you are going to keep a smaller animal... get a cat. Cats are mostly quiet, will keep mice out of the house, keep fuzzies from forming under the TV cabinet, will lay in your lap and allow ANYTHING to happen without causing a terrible annoying racket. A small dog will jump up and down and make an awful fuss around your feet when you're making a sandwich. A cat will just jump up quietly up on the counter and wait (as long as you keep your eye on him) for his treat. But take heart small dog haters, these too will pass, it's just a silly fad of the moment like Pokemon and Smart Phones.

Now, more to the original topic of the "Go press". I have a TV remote which is going bad. Press some of the buttons and nothing goes, jiggle the buttons works sometimes... Tonight while the DVR was stuck on "Delete" and wouldn't, I decided to try TWO BUTTONS at once... I pressed "DELETE" and the "CABLE" function button and what starts to go....? The car horn out in the carport is what goes. I swear the "go press" of the remote set off the car alarm (serves the neighborhood right, they do it enough to me!) I don't know how an infrared TV control can set off a radio key fob operated car alarm, but none of the motion lights were on near the car...

Another pet peeve of mine is TV programming, but that is for another time and probably another place in another dimension...
:D

#24 GTTinkerer OFFLINE  

GTTinkerer

GT Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1564
  • 1,153 Thanks
  • 1,326 posts

Posted July 31, 2012 - 06:34 AM

Congratulations on the first 1000.

Flat landers (anyone south of Saginaw) that want me to drive 85 on their interstates and who drive a sight seeing 40 mph on my up north roads.

Folks that drive 45 mph on a two lane road where I can't pass and then speed up to 70 in a passing zone only to go back to 45 when the passing zone ends.

Tailgaters that don't pass when they have the opportunity instead preferring to hang a car length off my rear bumper at 60 mph. In this case I wait for an area where they can't pass and slow down until the "one car length per 10 mph rule" kicks in.

Constantly barking dogs whether large or small. I have considered using anti-freeze but the owners probably wouldn't drink it.

Edited by GTTinkerer, July 31, 2012 - 10:09 AM.