23 replies to this topic

#1 middleageddeere OFFLINE  

middleageddeere

Tacos!

• Member No: 2033
  • 243 Thanks
  • 1,082 posts

Posted July 27, 2012 - 01:07 AM

This is my 1,000th post! Not really worth the wait but... I was going to make my 1,000th post special and had a few different ideas from a bunch of pics on all my stuff. Then I thought I would write up a mini-article about how small farms have been dieing off over the last 100 years and what a tragedy it is and how detrimental it is to our country...Well, I through all those ideas out for The "What bushes your go-press?" Confused? Wondering what a go-press is? Or how to get yours bushed? Well, my oldest son has a little talking train and when he was about two he thought the train was saying "Bush my go-press". It turns out it was saying, "Bust my bumpers" as I recall. Anyhow, in my house now whenever something ticks us off we say, "That really bushes my go-press". Pretty funny...So, here is a place to release all your frustrations that might sometimes be socially unacceptable elsewhere. Go ahead, let loose! I will start the ball rolling with what I believe to be the most unique ones I have.

1. Babies-I can't stand most babies, I don't think they are cute and they can be the most annoying things in the world. It really isn't the babies that bug me so much but the people that seem to love babies so dang much or talk about how cute ALL babies are.

2. People who drive in the left lane and are not currently passing. Anyone who does this must be completely oblivious to the fact that I want to drive 80 in a 55. How I can do that if they are hovering next to another car? HAHA...Ok I go a little overboard on this one but seriously the left lane is for PASSING!
  • daytime dave, IamSherwood, Toolpartzman and 1 other said thanks

#2 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,783 Thanks
  • 4,303 posts

Posted July 27, 2012 - 04:08 AM

Congratulation on 1000 posts!
I have to agree on both pet peeves you have mentioned.

Another thing that I see is expired license plates, or the idiots putting the new year sticker in the wrong place! The ought to be fined for this.....don't the cops see it??? One car I often follow to work has a plate that is expired by 2 years!!

Another pet peeve....M & M's....they are so hard to peel before eating them!!
  • middleageddeere said thank you

#3 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted July 27, 2012 - 05:39 AM

Congratulations on your 1000th post. :beerchug: :beerchug:

Good choice for it.

I hate little dogs. You know the ones. Those yappy lap dogs. Schitzoos or whatever they're called.
They're insecure, and have bad attitudes. What's worse, is the owners, that think they're cute. And
they coddle them, more so than their one and only child. I've had customers complain, that the
dock boards are too far apart (3/4"), and they're worried "Princess" might get her feet stuck. Aargh

#4 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,735 posts

Posted July 27, 2012 - 05:54 AM

Congrats on the 1,000 posts. I have to agree with Will, I hate those ankle biters. Noisy suckers that don't shut up! Another is the 'scrap' metal guys. They keep trying to get my trailer ramps. Had to hide them.
  • middleageddeere and IamSherwood have said thanks

#5 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted July 27, 2012 - 06:01 AM

Congrats on the 1,000 posts. I have to agree with Will, I hate those ankle biters. Noisy suckers that don't shut up! Another is the 'scrap' metal guys. They keep trying to get my trailer ramps. Had to hide them.

Maybe a coat of paint on the ramps might stop that. :poke:

#6 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,735 posts

Posted July 27, 2012 - 06:45 AM

You're probably correct there, Will. Most has worn off. Think I'll go off white this time so they aren't so HOT in the sun!

#7 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,330 Thanks
  • 28,640 posts

Posted July 27, 2012 - 07:06 AM

Congrats on your 1k post!
As for busing my go press, this requires more coffee to form an intelligent statement as to what bushes it..

#8 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,630 Thanks
  • 3,922 posts

Posted July 27, 2012 - 07:39 AM

One of my biggest pet peeves is overspray on tires!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#9 daytime dave ONLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted July 27, 2012 - 07:49 AM

Congratulations on your 1,000 posts.

This is a pretty unique way to celebrate.

One of my peeves is chronic lateness for work. I arrive on time and expect to leave on time. I don't appreciate the next shift strolling in when they feel like it.

#10 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted July 27, 2012 - 07:59 AM

Guilty as Charged!! I 'm one of those guys in the left lane running 10mph over the speed limit in Des Moines Traffic.
I drive all the way across the city and don't want to be held up by people getting off the off ramp or coming on the entrance ramp.
And if I'm already running 75 in a 65, I make no apologies to the guy who wants to run 85. :bounce:
Besides that I normally pass them before I get to my off ramp, Steady and Smooth is my system. Not fast and Jerky(I don't wear out my brakes trying to make time in a Cluster)..

Daytime Dave, I'm with you on that one. Late or absent really irks me, and the ones who do it have a chronic issue with that. But to a degree I don't blame them it's the managers who turn a blind eye to it for years who are responsible. I'm at the office 20 minitues before my shift starts and have not missed more than 10 days in 26 yrs. When I make a Commitment I honor it.

Edited by JD DANNELS, July 27, 2012 - 08:11 AM.

#11 jdcrawler ONLINE  

jdcrawler

tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1639
  • 3,175 Thanks
  • 1,726 posts

Posted July 27, 2012 - 08:48 AM

1000 post is a nice accomplishment and a reason to celebrate.

Edited by jdcrawler, July 27, 2012 - 10:59 AM.

#12 middleageddeere OFFLINE  

middleageddeere

Tacos!

• Member No: 2033
  • 243 Thanks
  • 1,082 posts

Posted July 27, 2012 - 12:11 PM

Guilty as Charged!! I 'm one of those guys in the left lane running 10mph over the speed limit in Des Moines Traffic.
I drive all the way across the city and don't want to be held up by people getting off the off ramp or coming on the entrance ramp.
And if I'm already running 75 in a 65, I make no apologies to the guy who wants to run 85. :bounce:
Besides that I normally pass them before I get to my off ramp, Steady and Smooth is my system. Not fast and Jerky(I don't wear out my brakes trying to make time in a Cluster)..

Daytime Dave, I'm with you on that one. Late or absent really irks me, and the ones who do it have a chronic issue with that. But to a degree I don't blame them it's the managers who turn a blind eye to it for years who are responsible. I'm at the office 20 minitues before my shift starts and have not missed more than 10 days in 26 yrs. When I make a Commitment I honor it.

It was you! Ok in nice guy argument fashion, if everyone were to only use the left lane for passing the guys who want to go faster would not be jerky and frustrated (road rage) they would just be able to sail on through (and maybe get pulled over) you see by staying in the left lane while not passing you are impeding the flow of traffic. Doesn't sound like it is a big deal in your case but when old man Smithers, goes 50 next to a semi for a half an hour that can really mess up your 3 hour drive!

Totally agree on being on time. If I am not 30 mins early I feel like I am late. I have always been the one who gets up 3 hours before I need to be at work and arrives 45 minutes early and then forgets to punch in cause you aren't allowed to punch in early or something...

#13 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,771 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted July 27, 2012 - 01:37 PM

I hate people who complain all the time.

#14 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted July 27, 2012 - 01:39 PM

Congrats on hitting the 1k mark. Was wondering when you would let it fly.

I have a couple.

1: Talking or texting on cell phones while driving, makes me want to shove the phone right up the person's rearend.
2: People not turning on their headlights when it is dusk or it is raining
3: people replying to the site's notification emails when they get a new private message or new reply to thread. (It says in the email to not reply to this email) It is suppose to go to nowhere but the way it is setup currently I get them all LOL.
  • caseguy and middleageddeere have said thanks

#15 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted July 27, 2012 - 08:08 PM

3: people replying to the site's notification emails when they get a new private message or new reply to thread. (It says in the email to not reply to this email) It is suppose to go to nowhere but the way it is setup currently I get them all LOL.

Check your email George.
  • MH81 and middleageddeere have said thanks