Here is an original set that belongs to ariensman2.
For the front blocks, I was going to bend some mower blades to go around the squares, those are for the older attachments. Originally, they used C channel for this. I got thinking and came up with a method easier then bending blades. I cut some angle iron and will weld the ends together to make the U shape. I had some steel that was the perfect height, but overlap on the bottom. I will just have to trim one edge down, weld, and grind flat.
For the rear mounting blocks I am going to weld the blocks to some angle iron that will then bolt to the frame. I measured how long the pieces had to be, and cut the first one. I went to do a test fit and I cut it at 9 inches and it needed to be 11 inches! I cut the other side at the correct length after making the mistake once. When I measured the first side, my mind was of in another world and I had a lapse in concentration. I don't have another piece of angle that is that thickness and that size which is also long enough. So, I will have to weld it back together, grind it flat and recut it.
The red one is the side I messed up, the tan was cut to the correct length.
It rained this morning, so it is incredibly humid out again. After doing that I had enough of the muggy heat and came in. I might go back out later if the weather changes. If not, I will continue tomorrow.
Edited by Ryan313, July 26, 2012 - 12:22 PM.