#1 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,668 Thanks
  • 6,486 posts

Posted July 23, 2012 - 10:44 PM

Have pix of some springs and a channel I am not remembering where they go. The parts book doesn't show the channel in position or what to attach too, and springs don't have sizes, but just say a number and a spring. I finally recalled the small one in pix is the gas tank hold down, so OK on that one. I'm needing one for the clutch. Thinking it is the big one (7/8" x 5" with end off), but if that is to reach to that back hole in casting like I think, it will be way too tight. Was there a wire on it too? Doesn't show in parts book. The middle size one might be for the clutch linkage. (5/8" x 5" to ends of loops) I'm not at that yet, but just seemed too big for that, but not sure. I found two little ones for the brake and park brake links and they are in and working. Thinking the channel goes up by gas tank mount, but sure don't recall. I looked on my charger, but it doesn't seem to have one. If any help here are spring numbers from parts book. Clutch 14-91 #1230 Clutch pedal 6-23 # 1014 My parts book is a 74 and tractor is a 77 and finding some diffs, like the opening seat I don't have and the tunnel cover is some diff, maybe not 8spd looks like, just 4. Mines the 8.

Attached Thumbnails

• 2012-07-23 001 2012-07-23 001.JPG
  • 2012-07-23 001 2012-07-23 002.JPG

#2 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,783 Thanks
  • 4,303 posts

Posted July 24, 2012 - 04:14 AM

I have a 1975 B-80 8 speed. I will try to look at it this evening after work to see if I can help with the springs and metal channel piece.
  • MH81 said thank you

#3 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • 4,783 Thanks
  • 4,303 posts

Posted July 24, 2012 - 05:20 PM

OK, I have attached (hopefully) some pictures of my 75 B-80 springs, as well as a 77 B-80 parts diagram.
The parts diagram have the springs you are asking about on page 16, and description of parts on page 17.

The spring for the fuel tank:
Posted Image

The spring on the clutch rod (it looks sprung!):
Posted Image
Spring for the brake lock (from the underside of locking lever.)
Posted Image
Brake lock (from top side)
Posted Image
There is a spring on the brake rod. but I couldn't get a picture of it, and I haven't a clue as to what the channel item is, but I will keep looking....Was the GT disassembled when you got it? If not, what all did you remove....maybe this would help me look on my tractor....maybe not!

Update.....Page 24 of the parts manual part # 43....The metal part is a wire support channel, and is under the hood, somewhere near the fuel tank support....couldn't really see where it should be on the tractor, but it is a B-80 part!!

Attached Files

Edited by KC9KAS, July 24, 2012 - 05:31 PM.

• MH81 said thank you

#4 jusjeepn OFFLINE  

jusjeepn

• Member No: 2392
  • 84 Thanks
  • 120 posts

Posted July 24, 2012 - 07:14 PM

The channel is bolted on under the left side of the tank and serves as wiring conduit and also a fastening point for the fuel line. The spring on the right is your brake return spring. The middle one one is for the parking brake lever return and the one on the left is actually for the deck spindle belt tensioner.

Edited by jusjeepn, July 25, 2012 - 07:15 AM.

• MH81 said thank you

#5 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,668 Thanks
  • 6,486 posts

Posted July 25, 2012 - 10:34 AM

Guys, thanks for all the helps. The clutch spring, I bought one that I thought was good length and strength. Now, not so sure I won't have to shorten it up, not strong enugh? Gonna be awhile before engine is back in to try it. The smaller controls and brake one inside are in and working good. That gas tank spring in pix on tractor looks much diff than orig, but is probly better/easier to get off I bet. That channel, pretty sure was up by the gas tank with wire or hose laying in it. BUT, can't quite seem to match up. It matches on end going under dash to the two dash bolts, but one hole in channel is pushed out tin, like it slips over something and no nut or bolt there. Fartheest back is reg bolt, but tin doesn't sit flush on it because of fore-mentioned hole. There is bolt hole on other end that lines up with the tab hanging down from tank support, but again, can't draw it up to it and keep other end flush to metals. Clear as mud? Wonder if there was a spacer at either end's bolt that I"m not recalling and using?? Might have to bore the one hole bigger so it removes metal flashing and can go over the 2nd bolt on the dash mounting. Think that would cure the fit. Not sure why I can't recall the actual fit during teardown, but do remember it was tight in the space and was a surprise that it was there when doing it. The ones in parts books show only holes on very ends of strip, but mine has two in middle with that flashing pushed out for some reason. Manual also doesn't show where it fits in with little lines or such. Sheesh!

#6 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • 4,783 Thanks
  • 4,303 posts

Posted July 25, 2012 - 07:52 PM

Yeah, the manual really doesn't show exactlly where/how it ifits.
Too late now, but I will check mine tomorrow and take a photo and post it here.

Yeah, I know "too late".....I go to bed @ 9:00 (8 minutes from now) and up @ 04:30

#7 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,668 Thanks
  • 6,486 posts

Posted July 25, 2012 - 10:25 PM

OK, have a couple photos if one can make the issue out. I'm holding the channel up about where it goes in one. Next one shows it maybe in place in front, but not touching flat in back bolt. That other hole which is pushed out metal is just hanging off the front dash bolt and holding the whole thing out. If I tuck it in at front dash bolt, then it is pulled away in front by my hand. Doesn't seem to be any threads in that pushed out metal for the front bolt, but maybe it was when new ?? That would solve the problem. Other wise I will be boring it out or grinding off the metal so I can use nut to pull it tight.

Attached Thumbnails

• Pink horse update 2012-07-24 005.JPG
  • Pink horse update 2012-07-24 006.JPG

#8 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • 4,783 Thanks
  • 4,303 posts

Posted July 26, 2012 - 03:35 PM

OK, I have attached a couple of pictures of the channel installed. Some of the pictures are of my B-80, and a couple are from the B-100....same on both tractors. It does fit under the fuel tank on the drivers left side. There are 2 bolts holding the "dash" to the tower, and these 2 bolts hold the channel in place.

Posted Image

Posted Image

You also had another post about the lift mechanism....here are some pictures...hope they help.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,668 Thanks
  • 6,486 posts

Posted July 26, 2012 - 10:44 PM

ON THE OUTSIDE! Yeah, never tried that. Been trying to get it to fit Inside all this time. I'll have to go out tommorrow and look at it again. Yeah! That's the ticket. Thanks for the pix.

See chain but book shows a rod to deck. L-shaped rod, then up at lift arm is round thing that screws to adjust, like other rods on tractor and a pin out it's end to go into the arm holes. Kinda looks like you have an eye bolt in that fitting up at the lift arm?? Not sure. Finding that fitting might be hard. Gotta check Mcmasters, they usually have neat stuff.

#10 whfan74 OFFLINE  

whfan74
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9851
  • 117 Thanks
  • 128 posts

Posted July 26, 2012 - 11:20 PM

Come on up to Warsaw if you need parts. Probably can get you squared away with what you need, plus what you can't leave without! :)

#11 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • 4,783 Thanks
  • 4,303 posts

Posted July 27, 2012 - 04:18 AM

You can use a chain, OR the threaded rod...The chain lets the mower/plow float.

#12 jusjeepn OFFLINE  

jusjeepn

• Member No: 2392
  • 84 Thanks
  • 120 posts

Posted July 27, 2012 - 11:12 PM

Or if you're heading south, come by here. I have several lift rods with trunions and a whole lot more!

#13 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,668 Thanks
  • 6,486 posts

Posted August 13, 2012 - 05:48 PM

Got a lift chain and link now and mounted. Works good! That clutch spring was the big one in picture. One I bought was too weak. I took old one and bent new end on it (hard to hold and bend) and it hooked up and feels right. Have the channel on and items bolted up to that one bolt, lookin' good. Have to get batt wire hooed up to charge batt now, seems it was just cut-off. Supposed to go to switch, but mine is wrong one and has no term for it. Have to find diff place to run it to. Thinking pos side of selonoid will work??