Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

What did you do WITH your tractor today? ie: plowing, hauling, tilling, etc.

• Please log in to reply
3084 replies to this topic

#1471 Lovintractorin OFFLINE  

Lovintractorin

Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 4180
  • 159 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted February 11, 2012 - 04:24 PM

Got some seat time this morning moving a couple inches of snow and am about to go out a again. Has been snowing all day. Only about 4 inches for so with wind.

#1472 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted February 11, 2012 - 05:36 PM

Well I was looking forward to testing the restored Ariens today! We were supposed to get 6" of snow, But we got none :confuse: , So I fired her up and went in circles for about 5 minutes just testing her out LOL. :laughingteeth:

#1473 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted February 11, 2012 - 08:03 PM

Did a little, emphisis on LITTLE snowblowing with one of my 1256s.

Missed the sidewalk, and was 1/2 on it and 1/2 on the grass :blush2:

Snowcaster took exception to that, and the shear bolt gave out. :wallbanging:

#1474 Lovintractorin OFFLINE  

Lovintractorin

Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 4180
  • 159 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted February 11, 2012 - 08:06 PM

Looks like she was doing good for a little bit there. Better the shear bolt than any other part. Hope you get it going soon.

#1475 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,681 Thanks
  • 17,203 posts

Posted February 11, 2012 - 08:41 PM

Thanks for the video

#1476 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted February 11, 2012 - 09:08 PM

Tucker is right, better the shear bolt than a key, or shaft, etc, etc :smilewink:

#1477 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted February 11, 2012 - 11:59 PM

Half way home with my first Bolens. 150 miles to go, found a bed in Mentor, Ohio tonight. Roads were better around Buffalo, Ny. than any other part of the trip. was getting snow hyptnotized driving...started out at noon today... Looks like the site is working fine to me. Thanks George and transition team.

#1478 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted February 12, 2012 - 07:42 AM

Half way home with my first Bolens. 150 miles to go, found a bed in Mentor, Ohio tonight. Roads were better around Buffalo, Ny. than any other part of the trip. was getting snow hyptnotized driving...started out at noon today... Looks like the site is working fine to me. Thanks George and transition team.

Was this trip just to get the tractor? How far total if you still got 150 to go?

#1479 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted February 12, 2012 - 08:34 AM

Ditto!

And now I need to figure out how to use the icons again.

#1480 Delmar OFFLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,323 Thanks
  • 2,416 posts

Posted February 12, 2012 - 04:24 PM

Seat Time!
I needed to move my trailer off my driveway today to hopefully move some snow tomorrow. Put a battery back in the Ford yt16, and after only a few cranks she fired up. I might have took an extra trip around the yard before I put the trailer to rest.
I am headed back to the garage to put the snow blade back on the Panzer. Maybe I can get it out tomorrow.....

#1481 backwoods ONLINE  

backwoods
  • Member No: 8613
  • 2,060 Thanks
  • 2,434 posts

Posted February 12, 2012 - 05:26 PM

plowed my driveway and both my neighbors and realized i need a new belt

#1482 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted February 12, 2012 - 07:17 PM

Was this trip just to get the tractor? How far total if you still got 150 to go?

The trip was real close to 300 miles each way. Mark843 had the 600 and an extra engine posted for a while. I needed the engine for another project and thought the 600 looked pretty neat too. So, I scheduled work and to meet my brother in law about half way to have help loading and to just spend some time with him. Well, Ohio finally had winter arrive...wrecks everywhere. I-76 in Akron was shut down, I-77 was litered with wrecks, I 271 was crazy and I-90 was shut down in places, you know all the usuall stupidity, semis on their sides, cars plowing into slower ones, poles and medians that reach out and seemingly grab vehicles unawares, all that usual nonsense that abounds when the first few snows hit. "what you mean I should have slowed down?" Usually everybody has all this foolishness out of their system by around mid December...this year Ohio hasn't had any real practice sessions, so yesterday was more fun than usual. Well the 600 is snugged up to my barn and the spare engine is in on the bench waiting for my next day off. Already put the seats back in so all I have to do is wash the wifes T&C (later this week when its over 12 degrees) and pick up some jewelry for Tuesday...Nice weekend in a GT addicts life :smile1:
  • Michiganmobileman said thank you

#1483 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted February 12, 2012 - 07:32 PM

The trip was real close to 300 miles each way. Mark843 had the 600 and an extra engine posted for a while. I needed the engine for another project and thought the 600 looked pretty neat too. So, I scheduled work and to meet my brother in law about half way to have help loading and to just spend some time with him. Well, Ohio finally had winter arrive...wrecks everywhere. I-76 in Akron was shut down, I-77 was litered with wrecks, I 271 was crazy and I-90 was shut down in places, you know all the usuall stupidity, semis on their sides, cars plowing into slower ones, poles and medians that reach out and seemingly grab vehicles unawares, all that usual nonsense that abounds when the first few snows hit. "what you mean I should have slowed down?" Usually everybody has all this foolishness out of their system by around mid December...this year Ohio hasn't had any real practice sessions, so yesterday was more fun than usual. Well the 600 is snugged up to my barn and the spare engine is in on the bench waiting for my next day off. Already put the seats back in so all I have to do is wash the wifes T&C (later this week when its over 12 degrees) and pick up some jewelry for Tuesday...Nice weekend in a GT addicts life :smile1:

Thats a little farther than my longest trip. Good to hear you got back safe.
I know what you mean same thing happens up here too, we were late this year like elsewhere, dummies!!

Edited by Michiganmobileman, February 12, 2012 - 07:32 PM.

#1484 tractorman604 OFFLINE  

tractorman604
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 683
  • 269 Thanks
  • 694 posts

Posted February 14, 2012 - 10:37 AM

Drove the wheelhorse down to the coffee shop to have a coffee and read the paper.Got some wierd looks from a couple of "people" but i don't care. I guess that's where "It's a GT thing you would'ent understand" comes into play lol. OH btw i wore my GTtalk shirt and left a couple of GTtalk cards while i was in there :thumbs:
  • Delmar said thank you

#1485 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,630 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted February 14, 2012 - 12:32 PM

It seems forever since having time to use or to play with any of my GT's. The most I've done in several days was to start all my diesel tractors & let them warm up top off the batteries.