Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

What did you do WITH your tractor today? ie: plowing, hauling, tilling, etc.

• Please log in to reply
3080 replies to this topic

#1456 lbuhler OFFLINE  

lbuhler

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3535
  • 5 Thanks
  • 14 posts

Posted February 02, 2012 - 10:21 PM

Awesome work with that PK Tucker!
  • Lovintractorin said thank you

#1457 tinner OFFLINE  

tinner

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 961
  • 502 Thanks
  • 1,561 posts

Posted February 03, 2012 - 07:05 PM

Spent a couple of hours mowing grass/weeds (mostly weeds). Of course, I ran out of gas and had to go into town to get more. $17 for 5 gallons of gas. Then hooked up the garden trailer and drove around to all the trees I pruned yesterday and picked up the limbs and put them in the burn pile. Washed under the deck, let her dry and drove it back into the shed. Enjoyed the seat time.

#1458 Lovintractorin OFFLINE  

Lovintractorin

Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 4180
  • 159 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted February 03, 2012 - 08:53 PM

Got a bit more seat time today finishing moving the horse manure. I tried to take a video but my camera only takes 3 min videos in low quality and the battery goes dead in the cold. Here is what I got.

YouTube - Economy King moving Horse manure

I got is all move but it was dark by the time I finished. I'll have to get a picture of the pile tomorrow.

Here is some pictures of the finished pile.

PIMG0219.jpg

PIMG0221.jpg

#1459 tinner OFFLINE  

tinner

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 961
  • 502 Thanks
  • 1,561 posts

Posted February 03, 2012 - 10:50 PM

Now that's a pile of poop!

#1460 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,383 Thanks
  • 39,650 posts

Posted February 04, 2012 - 06:34 AM

Ought to wake up the folks down wind! Heck of a pile.

#1461 Lovintractorin OFFLINE  

Lovintractorin

Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 159 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted February 04, 2012 - 07:40 AM

Horse manure isn't real smelly stuff. It is from the equestrian center in the city so they use a lot of bedding to keep the smell down and the neighbors happy. I personally really enjoy the smell. Last night the pile got smaller as we buried a pallet of expired bananas near there( more seat time). We are doing a lot of composting(a pallet of banana's, couple pallets of rotten carrots, a couple pallets of bread and just started getting some totes of food waste from a restaurant ). We mix the food waste in with the drier horse and already composted cow manure it keep the smell down and get it to compost faster. It would be nice to have a bigger tractor for dealing with all the compost and manure. We are using all this compost to improve the junkie soil we grow vegetables in.

#1462 wrbourget OFFLINE  

wrbourget

• Member No: 6649
  • 28 Thanks
  • 138 posts

Posted February 04, 2012 - 09:29 AM

he is right I grew up on a farm and horse and cow manure really don't smell bad at all but people who are not used to it or people who just like to witch about anything just for the sake of bitching about something will witch.

#1463 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted February 04, 2012 - 10:07 AM

he is right I grew up on a farm and horse and cow manure really don't smell bad at all but people who are not used to it or people who just like to witch about anything just for the sake of bitching about something will witch.

HOMEGROWN FERTILIZER
I live between two friends who have farms, Pete has beefers, Al has milkers and the bitching never ends with the new-comers wearing spandix cover clothing riding their bikes up and down the road, tried chasing one (censored) with the JD B but he has 18 speeds on his bike and the B has 5, always have called it

#1464 Reverend Blair OFFLINE  

Reverend Blair

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1659
  • 501 Thanks
  • 952 posts

Posted February 04, 2012 - 07:49 PM

Horse manure isn't real smelly stuff. It is from the equestrian center in the city so they use a lot of bedding to keep the smell down and the neighbors happy. I personally really enjoy the smell. Last night the pile got smaller as we buried a pallet of expired bananas near there( more seat time). We are doing a lot of composting(a pallet of banana's, couple pallets of rotten carrots, a couple pallets of bread and just started getting some totes of food waste from a restaurant ). We mix the food waste in with the drier horse and already composted cow manure it keep the smell down and get it to compost faster. It would be nice to have a bigger tractor for dealing with all the compost and manure. We are using all this compost to improve the junkie soil we grow vegetables in.

Good job on the composting. So much of the food waste just ends up in landfills. What's a truckload of manure go for in Buffalo? I know most people pay a pretty penny for it around here...I heard about $30.00 a yard plus delivery, so a good-sized ten wheeler full would run about $500. I generally drive a couple hours north and fill my trailer for free, but a four-hour round trip plus shovelling and beer-time kind of eats up a day.

#1465 Lovintractorin OFFLINE  

Lovintractorin

Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 159 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted February 04, 2012 - 08:04 PM

All that horse stuff is for free and free delivery. The equestrian center pays someone to take it to a land fill or someplace and we got a hold of them somehow so a real nice Kenworth 10 wheeler comes, dumps and leaves. It is the prefect deal; a win win for each. We are going to start running out of space soon though so I'm not sure how much more we can take. All the food waste is free also. We get about as much as we want from the food bank and they still have to send lots of it to the land fill. I am going to go pick of almost a ton of bananas Monday. Some places pay to have you take their waste. So it takes a while to make compost but can't get any cheaper than free. The dark already composted stuff in the corner of the screen I think we paid something for a truck load. Not sure how much it was but it is messy with lots of rocks and other garbage. There are some friends of ours that also are composting here in the city. I haven't been to their operations yet, but they are getting waste from the same places.

#1466 wrbourget OFFLINE  

wrbourget

• Member No: 6649
  • 28 Thanks
  • 138 posts

Posted February 05, 2012 - 08:37 AM

HOMEGROWN FERTILIZER
I live between two friends who have farms, Pete has beefers, Al has milkers and the bitching never ends with the new-comers wearing spandix cover clothing riding their bikes up and down the road, tried chasing one (censored) with the JD B but he has 18 speeds on his bike and the B has 5, always have called it

Oh yeah the ''B'' most of the time it was what i used to clean out the stalls with because it had a belly mount mowing machine on it so the hitch was useable, the only time we would stockpile it was in the summer because everything was growing and you couldn't drive on the hay fields or through the gardens but late fall winter and early spring i would spend a lot of time on that old JD spreading the love. Most of the fields and gardens are all gone now there all houses, my uncle owned a lot of it and my dad and his two brothers farmed it. My uncle died sudenly and there was no wills or anything and his wife's family ended up with the land and sold it all off to developers, all that time spent making that ground fertile what a waste.

Well anyways I had some chores to do yesterday and couldn't decide which tractor to use so i used three first i dragged the wood chipper out back and and finished the pile of branches i had out there and then went around the yard raking leaves out of flower beds and what nots and just took the Original out for a spin around the yard checking out the fences.
Well anyways 100_0549.jpg

#1467 Reverend Blair OFFLINE  

Reverend Blair

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1659
  • 501 Thanks
  • 952 posts

Posted February 05, 2012 - 10:43 AM

All that horse stuff is for free and free delivery. The equestrian center pays someone to take it to a land fill or someplace and we got a hold of them somehow so a real nice Kenworth 10 wheeler comes, dumps and leaves.

Hmmm...maybe I should talk to the people at the race track, or find out where the cops keep their horses and see if we can make a deal. Nothing seems free anymore.

#1468 Lovintractorin OFFLINE  

Lovintractorin

Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 159 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted February 06, 2012 - 09:52 PM

Picked up another pallet of rotten bananas and used the Economy King to mix and bury them in the horse manure. Some more good seat time and some more potential compost made from waste that was destined for the land fill. :thumbs:

#1469 Lovintractorin OFFLINE  

Lovintractorin

Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 159 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted February 07, 2012 - 09:50 PM

Pulled out the Bolens 1253 and tiller to use to till the hoophouse. Got it tilled up and hopefully ready to plant. I think the snow-blowing worked the Tecumseh a bit to much. It was very low on oil and now it smokes like a chimney again. It seems to have plenty of power though so I'm wonder it it is a valve. I guess I'll just keep pouring oil into it.

#1470 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• Member No: 7818
  • 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted February 10, 2012 - 04:36 PM

Got 3 inches of snow today in Gaylord so got the tractor out and moved a little snow. Had to be careful not to break anything with the old snowbanks froze and hard as a rock.