Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

What did you do WITH your tractor today? ie: plowing, hauling, tilling, etc.

• Please log in to reply
3086 replies to this topic

#1441 tinbender7 OFFLINE  

tinbender7

FORDoholic

• Member No: 5171
  • 1,113 Thanks
  • 784 posts

Posted January 24, 2012 - 08:13 AM

not sure which Ford you are referring to, but the Model A is original and the tractors have been repainted

#1442 Lovintractorin OFFLINE  

Lovintractorin

Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 4180
  • 159 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted January 24, 2012 - 08:35 AM

not sure which Ford you are referring to, but the Model A is original and the tractors have been repainted

I was referring to the Model A. Thanks for the pictures.

#1443 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted January 24, 2012 - 05:18 PM

Got the Massey w/FEL out to clean some individual calf stalls, then much out a group pen. She's in need of a carb cleaning though....runs good on top, but surges at mid throttle, and dies at idle setting. Got my job done though. Time for diesel re-power is nearing.

#1444 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• Member No: 7818
  • 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted January 25, 2012 - 06:15 PM

I replaced the drive auger chain on my 84 inch Erskine snowblower today . I bought the replacement chain five years ago and kept thinking I could go one more year before I replace it. So I got five extra years out of that original chain . Now I wonder if I should have waited one more year, ha,ha,ha . I won't throw away the old one because I can always use it as a backup , tee, hee .

#1445 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted January 28, 2012 - 11:11 PM

Got to play with two tractors today. Used my Gravely with the power broom attachment to "sweep" the carpet of pine needles into windrows at my dad's house. Then went back and used the Massey 12H to pull a trailer along between the windrows and loaded the needles into the trailer and hauled them away. Then I asked my son, who was fooling around with one of Dad's old 2 sheeve block&tackles if he wanted to build a crane to pull up some posts. He said "YEAH!" cause he thinks cranes are the coolest right now. So, I made a quick A frame from some 2x4s that were lying around and showed him how to pull posts out of the ground with it. I'm going to have to edit this to post a youtube link. Both he and my wife were amazed to watch me use my tractor and the A frame to yank posts out of the ground.

First Post Pull:

Getting rid of the swing set:

Edited by HowardsMF155, January 29, 2012 - 08:26 AM.
Add Video links

#1446 wrbourget OFFLINE  

wrbourget

• Member No: 6649
  • 28 Thanks
  • 138 posts

Posted January 29, 2012 - 09:02 PM

100_0428.jpg
Put the new engine i got for my Supper Tuffy Runs good but I think the condenser is no good because if it runs for more than 15 minutes it.starts running like the points are closed up but i know that's not the problem, but none the less i can pull it apart and get to repainting it.

I just realized there is a whole other section on "what did you do with your tractor today''well if it helps i did a few passes in the garden turned some ground that should be FROZEN!

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_0424.jpg

Edited by wrbourget, January 30, 2012 - 07:08 PM.
Just realized something

#1447 wrbourget OFFLINE  

wrbourget

• 28 Thanks
  • 138 posts

Posted January 30, 2012 - 07:26 PM

I shouldn't witch about having no snow and 50 and 60 degree days because it.s only February and we still have 2 months of snow season left and it will all come at once. Two of my machines broke down in 4 inches of snow i guess it could have been a lot worse like last year where we got just about 4 feet of snow in one week!
I haven't fixed anything like the transaxle on my JD I have been out in the back 2 1/2 chipping up the mountain of brush from some trees i took down at the start of last summer for fire wood for the shop that i really don't need because it's been quite warm. It's all starting to feel like a big waste of time come to think of it i haven't lit the stove once this year I ran the torpedo heater a few time to take the chill off on rainy days but that's it oh well I'll have plenty of mulch this spring.

#1448 wrbourget OFFLINE  

wrbourget

• 28 Thanks
  • 138 posts

Posted January 30, 2012 - 07:42 PM

Hay i just noticed your in Ft Meade I'm from St James City don't ask why I now reside in Mass. i don't have an answer to that question or i forgot or something because i ask my self that question every day and i don't have an answer.

#1449 tinbender7 OFFLINE  

tinbender7

FORDoholic

• Member No: 5171
  • 1,113 Thanks
  • 784 posts

Posted January 31, 2012 - 07:53 AM

We NEVER get any snow here, that is probably why you want to live in Mass. All I do with my tractors is mow grass and haul stuff around the yard and clean them up to go to the tractor shows in the winter.

#1450 wrbourget OFFLINE  

wrbourget

• 28 Thanks
  • 138 posts

Posted January 31, 2012 - 06:49 PM

It was 53 degrees today it's supposed to hit 60 tomorrow and I was out in the yard I noticed the lilacs had buds on them???

#1451 tinner OFFLINE  

tinner

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 961
  • 502 Thanks
  • 1,561 posts

Posted January 31, 2012 - 07:03 PM

It's 72 degrees @6:oo PM and no snow, thank goodness. Used my garden trailer to hall the chicken feed from my truck out to the chicken house. Thought I would mow around the house but found the mower would not engage and looked to find the belt off the engine drive pulley. Put it back on and it still will not engage so tomorrow I'll check it out to find out why and repair. Hate it when things don't work.

#1452 wrbourget OFFLINE  

wrbourget

• 28 Thanks
  • 138 posts

Posted February 01, 2012 - 06:34 PM

100_0543.jpg

Went and picked up a snow blower today got it cheep because the pull cord broke and the starter drive finally wore out fixed the cord in a blink of an eye runs good everything works including the light, i have a JD with a snow blower on it but the transaxle went bad on it and i don't feel like fixing it right now so i got this to finish out the snow season. Well it is the snow season but yesterday it was 53 degrees and today it was 60 degrees i was outside in a t shirt but at the least I'm ready for some heavy duty snow.

#1453 Lovintractorin OFFLINE  

Lovintractorin

Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 159 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted February 01, 2012 - 07:49 PM

Have been moving a couple 10 wheeler loads of horse manure to make room for more. I should get a picture of the finished pile.

#1454 tractorgarden ONLINE  

tractorgarden

Junk Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2291
  • 1,277 Thanks
  • 1,432 posts

Posted February 01, 2012 - 08:29 PM

Have been moving a couple 10 wheeler loads of horse manure to make room for more. I should get a picture of the finished pile.

Hey Tuck sounds like your full of it! Glad you are getting some seat time buddy!

#1455 Lovintractorin OFFLINE  

Lovintractorin

Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 159 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted February 02, 2012 - 08:45 PM

Got a bit more seat time today finishing moving the horse manure. I tried to take a video but my camera only takes 3 min videos in low quality and the battery goes dead in the cold. Here is what I got.

YouTube - Economy King moving Horse manure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg17tbsmlQ8

I got is all move but it was dark by the time I finished. I'll have to get a picture of the pile tomorrow.