Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

What did you do WITH your tractor today? ie: plowing, hauling, tilling, etc.

• Please log in to reply
3086 replies to this topic

#1426 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted January 21, 2012 - 01:24 PM

We got our first real snow of the winter . We had a storm back in October that was mostly just enough wet snow to bring down power lines and left us in the dark for about 2 days. Some folks in the northeast were without power for over a week, so we were a little lucky. This storm gave our area of PA about 4 inches of mostly fluffy snow. I used the Bolens 800 with the snowcaster for 2 passes on the driveway. Still need to clean and paint the chute because it started to clog when I got ready to make my third pass. But that gave me a chance to use the Bolens 600 with the blade to finish. Felt good to get some quality seat time. George cleared up some of the bigger piles of snow with his Massey with the loader. Pretty good day here in PA.

#1427 powerking56 OFFLINE  

powerking56

Collector of stuff

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 359
  • 907 Thanks
  • 1,805 posts

Posted January 21, 2012 - 08:50 PM

Got about 2 inches of light fluffy snow, used the Speedex to plow the drive.

#1428 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted January 22, 2012 - 07:53 AM

JD weight box w/well over 600#;

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28391[/ATTACH]

Yep, I figured, there was no way you could fill the rear tires enough to offset the jd70 that far out in front. I'll say it again Nice Rig !

#1429 wrbourget OFFLINE  

wrbourget

• Member No: 6649
  • 28 Thanks
  • 138 posts

Posted January 22, 2012 - 08:38 AM

Finally got some snow today and all that could go wrong went wrong, my JD 185 for some reason the snow blower was plowing more than it was blowing snow so while i was trying to figure that out the trans axle stopped working, it made a crunch noise and now there is no forward or reverse. Then my back up blower a old MTD variable drive that has been bypassed with a craftsman snow blower on it, the auger was so rotted that it pretty much fell apart and shot pieces all over the yard. So i went looking around to see what to do because i really wasn't in the mood to shovel 500 feet of driveway and i found an old craftsman 6/24 that was long forgotten tucked away in the barn. I dragged it out into the light looked it over put a little gas in it it didn't flood over or anything hit the primer a few times pulled the cord and it fired right up. I was surprised it has been sitting there for some ware around ten years my dad must have drained the gas before he put it away because i didn't even change the oil I opened the door and went to work and never looked back.

#1430 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted January 22, 2012 - 08:55 AM

Finally got some snow today and all that could go wrong went wrong, my JD 185 for some reason the snow blower was plowing more than it was blowing snow so while i was trying to figure that out the trans axle stopped working, it made a crunch noise and now there is no forward or reverse. Then my back up blower a old MTD variable drive that has been bypassed with a craftsman snow blower on it, the auger was so rotted that it pretty much fell apart and shot pieces all over the yard. So i went looking around to see what to do because i really wasn't in the mood to shovel 500 feet of driveway and i found an old craftsman 6/24 that was long forgotten tucked away in the barn. I dragged it out into the light looked it over put a little gas in it it didn't flood over or anything hit the primer a few times pulled the cord and it fired right up. I was surprised it has been sitting there for some ware around ten years my dad must have drained the gas before he put it away because i didn't even change the oil I opened the door and went to work and never looked back.

Sounds like at least one thing went right for you. Nice that you were able to have an alternative to that shovel job, yours is about as long as my drive, NO WAY.

I cleared the 4 or 5 inches of snow out of our drive and my brothers drive yesterday with the Simplicity and snowblower. Tractor seemed to be a little short of normal top speed but I first though just because it was COLD. Did not improve so time for a hydro fluid and filter change today.

Edited by Michiganmobileman, January 22, 2012 - 08:59 AM.
Add what I did yesterday, OOPS

#1431 tinbender7 OFFLINE  

tinbender7

FORDoholic

• Member No: 5171
  • 1,113 Thanks
  • 784 posts

Posted January 22, 2012 - 11:06 AM

here are the pictures you requested of the Model A, & 1 beautiful custom Kenworth TruckDCP_0015.jpg Posted Image

Attached Thumbnails

• DCP_0019.jpg
  • DCP_0017.jpg
  • DCP_0015.jpg
  • DCP_0016.jpg
  • DCP_0018.jpg
  • DCP_0023.jpg
  • DCP_0019.jpg
  • DCP_0016.jpg
  • DCP_0018.jpg
  • DCP_0024.jpg
  • DCP_0017.jpg

#1432 tinbender7 OFFLINE  

tinbender7

FORDoholic

• Member No: 5171
  • 1,113 Thanks
  • 784 posts

Posted January 22, 2012 - 11:19 AM

here are some pictures of our display at the Florida Flywheelers Show. All my tractors are now safely back home to be cleaned checked over and ready for the next show which starts Feb 21.Sorry I do not have a snow blade,or blower, or Snow for that mater to enjoy I have to just be content to ride my tractors sround the show in the Sunshine.LOLDCP_0010.jpg Posted ImagePosted Image

Attached Thumbnails

• DCP_0015.jpg
  • DCP_0014.jpg
  • DCP_0011.jpg
  • DCP_0013.jpg
  • DCP_0048.jpg
  • DCP_0012.jpg

Edited by tinbender7, January 22, 2012 - 11:26 AM.

• jpackard56 said thank you

#1433 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,483 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted January 22, 2012 - 11:36 AM

Cool pics! Like the Model A, it's in great shape. Ought to post these down in the Events forum.
  • tinbender7 said thank you

#1434 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted January 22, 2012 - 11:58 AM

Looks like a nice time. Thanks for sharing. Enjoyed your sunshine from afar.

#1435 Amigatec OFFLINE  

Amigatec

Collector of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5899
  • 2,023 Thanks
  • 3,172 posts

Posted January 22, 2012 - 06:14 PM

Well I fired up the 129 Cub and drove it around town. I REALLY needed some seat time.

#1436 Lovintractorin OFFLINE  

Lovintractorin

Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 4180
  • 159 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted January 23, 2012 - 08:51 AM

Thanks for the pictures. That is a great looking Ford. Is it in original condition.

#1437 brokenfeather OFFLINE  

brokenfeather

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6294
  • 24 Thanks
  • 164 posts

Posted January 23, 2012 - 05:22 PM

Had a time with editing and uploading and to many technical problems. So that's why it's late. For those of you who care to watch here is what me and Punkin did. :smile1:Punkin throwing snow - YouTube
We actually had fun. No seat time however :D

#1438 Lovintractorin OFFLINE  

Lovintractorin

Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 4180
  • 159 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted January 23, 2012 - 05:44 PM

Had a time with editing and uploading and to many technical problems. So that's why it's late. For those of you who care to watch here is what me and Punkin did. :smile1:Punkin throwing snow - YouTube
We actually had fun. No seat time however :D

She looks like she had no problem with that snow. Thanks for the video. :thumbs:
  • brokenfeather said thank you

#1439 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted January 24, 2012 - 06:36 AM

The music with the video was "spot on" nice:)

#1440 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted January 24, 2012 - 06:55 AM

tinbender7,thanks for those great photos.