Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

What did you do WITH your tractor today? ie: plowing, hauling, tilling, etc.

• Please log in to reply
3080 replies to this topic

#1396 wrbourget OFFLINE  

wrbourget

• Member No: 6649
  • 28 Thanks
  • 138 posts

Posted January 06, 2012 - 08:25 AM

100_0514.jpg

:confuse: Come on i need some real snow, my wife thought it would be funny to wake me up and say,"it snowed last night" and like a big kid i jumped and ran to the window and this is what i found!:wallbanging:

#1397 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted January 06, 2012 - 09:03 AM

Got some unexpected seat time on the 2320 last night when we got 3-4" of snow yesterday. A few flurries turned into a few inches of fluffy snow which was easy to move and there is now frost in the ground so the blade was floating without digging in.

#1398 Reverend Blair OFFLINE  

Reverend Blair

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1659
  • 501 Thanks
  • 952 posts

Posted January 07, 2012 - 08:20 AM

We got snow yesterday! It made work kind of challenging, and it's all going to melt on Monday, but I don't care, I'm clearing the driveway today.

#1399 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted January 07, 2012 - 06:13 PM

Well, believe it or not, I mowed my yard with my new to me 716H Allis Chalmers. I need to run it anyway to see it's condition & to see what I need to do to it before putting it up for sale. She runs like new & mows great! I didn't take another pic, but here it is still on the trailer.
DSC00665.jpg

Plus I drove around on the Allis 620....just for fun!

#1400 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted January 07, 2012 - 07:08 PM

Can't plow any snow in 50+ temps...So, took the Mitsy 160 and dug some holes to plant some fence posts with the auger. Then hauled posts and fencing materials with the Cub 782.
I did see a guy on my why home today mowing his lawn !! This is January in Ohio ?

#1401 Lovintractorin OFFLINE  

Lovintractorin

Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 4180
  • 159 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted January 07, 2012 - 08:32 PM

Took out the Bolens 1253 to run the cobwebs out of it, hooked up the trailer and cleaned up a bunch of branches and a tree that fell a couple of weeks ago. Still runs good. Now I just need to get out the PK see if it still runs. I normally would be plowing snow for a month already. I was checking brakes and changing transmission fluid in upper 40 degree temps.:rolleyes:

#1402 brokenfeather OFFLINE  

brokenfeather

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6294
  • 24 Thanks
  • 164 posts

Posted January 12, 2012 - 09:52 PM

Went out this evening after it let off snowing and started up the Wards walk behind. I couldn't believe it started first pull. Hooked up the blower and away we went. Took two passes down the drive. Boy does it move the snow. Real pleased. Works almost better than I had imagined. We hit it tomorrow when I can actually see what I'm doing :D. At least I know it works. Yea.

#1403 Lovintractorin OFFLINE  

Lovintractorin

Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 159 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted January 13, 2012 - 10:53 AM

Woke up this morning to a bit of snow, so I went out to my Economy King and it fired right up and did it's job. I don't have any pictures of it plowing but I did put up a short video here.

http://gardentractor...-its-job-11707/

#1404 brokenfeather OFFLINE  

brokenfeather

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6294
  • 24 Thanks
  • 164 posts

Posted January 13, 2012 - 04:46 PM

Well the newest tractor wouldn't start. Low battery wouldn't even jump start. :confuse: I run the Wards out of gas. Got more gas and it fired right back up and did her thing. Went away for a while to run some errands. After getting home the newest one was ready to start. Left the battery charger on it while out and about. So drive is ready for next snow and all are running. Do have some issues with the way the blower mounts on the Wards you have to hold you mouth just right and pray a lot when hitching it up. The snow snout likes to hit the gas tank and preventing it from coupling up. :wallbanging:When it warms up some going to see if it can be changed to allow a bit more room to hook it up with out having to be in exactly the right spot.

#1405 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,394 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted January 14, 2012 - 05:46 AM

Do have some issues with the way the blower mounts on the Wards you have to hold you mouth just right and pray a lot when hitching it up. The snow snout likes to hit the gas tank and preventing it from coupling up. :wallbanging:When it warms up some going to see if it can be changed to allow a bit more room to hook it up with out having to be in exactly the right spot.

I hate it when that happens, cause I usually forget how I had my mouth set when I hooked it up the last time.:bigrofl:

#1406 powerking56 OFFLINE  

powerking56

Collector of stuff

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 359
  • 907 Thanks
  • 1,805 posts

Posted January 14, 2012 - 02:36 PM

Just needed some seat time, so got the Speedex fired up and pushed some of the snow banks back. There really isn't much snow but hey I got some seat time!!!

#1407 Lovintractorin OFFLINE  

Lovintractorin

Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 159 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted January 14, 2012 - 03:13 PM

Got the snow blower on my Bolens 1253 this morning and went out to blow some snow. That thing works great. Cleaned up some of the sidewalk close to our house because I don't trust it enough yet to take it too far. Cleaned up some slushy stuff better than I thought it would. That tractor sure has some power. I can blow some deep snow rather quickly although I need some rear ballast pretty badly. My brother took a video for me. In the video, I couldn't tell where the sidewalk was and was a little on the grass so it kept catching the unfrozen ground but it worked well, regardless. The snow depth varied from about 5-10 inches.

Bolens 1253 and snowblower - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuxGi-VSXXo&feature=g-upl&context=G2a176dcAUAAAAAAAAAA

Edited by Lovintractorin, January 14, 2012 - 03:19 PM.

#1408 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,673 Thanks
  • 17,198 posts

Posted January 14, 2012 - 03:21 PM

Nice!
At least your snow caster worked well for you today.
Did the chute clog up on you at all?

#1409 Lovintractorin OFFLINE  

Lovintractorin

Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 159 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted January 14, 2012 - 03:29 PM

Nice!
At least your snow caster worked well for you today.
Did the chute clog up on you at all?

Once it did slightly when I was blowing some slushy stuff that the plow piled up, but by the time I realized why it was only spraying snow forward when I started into a pile of fresh snow, it cleared itself easily. It has some spray-on teflon type coating on it that the previous owner put on so I am not sure if that made the difference or if it was just in a good mood today. :D

Edited by Lovintractorin, January 14, 2012 - 03:39 PM.

#1410 tinbender7 OFFLINE  

tinbender7

FORDoholic

• Member No: 5171
  • 1,113 Thanks
  • 784 posts

Posted January 14, 2012 - 06:04 PM

Today I hauled my 4 Tractors out to Flywheeler Park for display in the Florida Flywheeeler Swap Meet & Show that runs from 1/18/2012 til 1/21/2012. Would like for you to stop by and say Hi, we are on row 7 lots 3-6, We have a Ford 600, Ford 641, Ford 100, Sears GT18, John Deere 165, and a Model A Ford