Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

What did you do WITH your tractor today? ie: plowing, hauling, tilling, etc.

• Please log in to reply
3083 replies to this topic

#1366 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• Member No: 7818
  • 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted December 17, 2011 - 06:17 PM

Very Sharp John Deere !!

#1367 powerking56 OFFLINE  

powerking56

Collector of stuff

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 359
  • 907 Thanks
  • 1,805 posts

Posted December 17, 2011 - 08:13 PM

Used the Speedex and trailer to haul wood up to the house and a load to the shop/garage for the wood stove out there. Getting cold and using lots of wood now
so try and keep plenty close and easy to get to.

#1368 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,603 Thanks
  • 29,833 posts

Posted December 17, 2011 - 08:17 PM

Used my Massey 1855 w/FEL to load a trailer full of scrap metal. More to do tomorrow.

DSC00636.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC00635.jpg

Edited by olcowhand, December 18, 2011 - 08:45 PM.

#1369 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted December 18, 2011 - 08:38 PM

I was so looking forward to coming home and plowing the couple of inches that we got this morning but till I got home there wasn't anything left other then a few spots here or there.

Ya me too ! The only snow left was on top my work car and the pick up....Whats a guy to do.

#1370 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,409 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted December 19, 2011 - 06:00 AM

Ya me too ! The only snow left was on top my work car and the pick up....Whats a guy to do.

Rent one of those snow machines?

#1371 Dfondale OFFLINE  

Dfondale

• Contributor
  • Member No: 6824
  • 6 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted December 20, 2011 - 09:00 AM

Everyone on here seems to be pretty handy with DIY projects. Here is a snow maker for about a $100, if you own a presure washer.
This DIY Snow Machine Provides Fresh Powder in the Backyard On the Cheap
Make your own snow, then push it with your tractor!
  • KennyP and tinbender7 have said thanks

#1372 wrbourget OFFLINE  

wrbourget

• Member No: 6649
  • 28 Thanks
  • 138 posts

Posted December 20, 2011 - 11:49 AM

I sold a old truck i had laying around for some pretty good money but it was sitting for a few years and pushing it was not an option so i went to the shed to brake out my 990 but it wouldn't start. I must have to heavy oil in it because even with a charger on it she still didn't want turn over fast enough so i have to look into it when i get the chance and after the sun warmed up the shed it started with no problem. I had a bad time all around yesterday morning, a 30 minute job turned into a 3 hour job. I had to move a car and a jeep i use for snow plowing out of the way of the truck i sold but first the Buick didn't want to turn over and then the jeep did the same so nothing wanted to start I finaly got everything out of the way i ended up using the jeep to pull the trck ot if it's resting place and i got payed and put everything away went home and took a nap.
I guess i have to do some work on my jeep If it snows I'm going to have a hard time and it's going to be during a storm and I'm not up for that crap.

#1373 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted December 20, 2011 - 07:03 PM

GE 005.jpg I took some time yesterday to prep Dad's Gravely 10 hp Commercial so I could go mow some trails on the family tree farm. This trail hasn't been used in 5 or 6 years, so there was a lot of pine and brambles. Brambles were the worst, kept reaching through my pants. I love the way the bush hog just chews through the undergrowth. I have been a pretty staunch user of the older 7.6 Gravely engine, but the 10 Kohler really powered through everything. 6 ft pine? Push it over and "grrrnch" it's chopped off and ground down.

Prep work consisted of adding some weight to the bush hog to balance the heavier Kohler engine, and replacing the existing 18-6.5-8 tires with 18-8.5-8 tires. The extra wide tires really improve the traction, to the point I couldn't always ride in the sulky behind it. Here are some pics:
GE 010.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• GE 011.jpg
  • GE 009.jpg
  • GE 004.jpg
  • GE 007.jpg

#1374 harrycu OFFLINE  

harrycu

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 1397
  • 4 Thanks
  • 80 posts

Posted December 21, 2011 - 12:00 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26747[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26744[/ATTACH]I took some time yesterday to prep Dad's Gravely 10 hp Commercial so I could go mow some trails on the family tree farm. This trail hasn't been used in 5 or 6 years, so there was a lot of pine and brambles. Brambles were the worst, kept reaching through my pants. I love the way the bush hog just chews through the undergrowth. I have been a pretty staunch user of the older 7.6 Gravely engine, but the 10 Kohler really powered through everything. 6 ft pine? Push it over and "grrrnch" it's chopped off and ground down.

Prep work consisted of adding some weight to the bush hog to balance the heavier Kohler engine, and replacing the existing 18-6.5-8 tires with 18-8.5-8 tires. The extra wide tires really improve the traction, to the point I couldn't always ride in the sulky behind it. Here are some pics:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]26748[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26745[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26746[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26743[/ATTACH]

Why could you not stay in the sulky? I mean, what's traction got to do with that? LOL inquiring minds want to know... :)

#1375 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted December 21, 2011 - 06:32 AM

:smile1: I really didn't explain that did I? In some places I was running up on some banks bordering the "road" and getting leaned over so far I couldn't stay in the sulky. The narrower tires would usually lose traction in those situations and wouldn't drag me around. The wider tires just kept clawing forward.:bounce:

Howard

#1376 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted December 21, 2011 - 12:57 PM

Yep, jump the one, drag the next , finally something starts, un-stick the one your after, and then shovel them both because of the mud, then try and put one beck, ARRGGHHH this has been my whole week so far too, Ive had it, I've given in and going Christmas shopping with the wife, even that can't be as bad as slipping around in all this mud making ruts.

#1377 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted December 21, 2011 - 01:01 PM

Why could you not stay in the sulky? I mean, what's traction got to do with that? LOL inquiring minds want to know... :)

I thought maybe it was because of the angle, you were getting pinched by the handle bars. I really miss my convertible, they are AWESOME !!
However they do ocasionally pinch pretty quick on the sulky in one of those situations were we probably should have been walking. I'm still looking for a reasonablely priced one somewhere close to me. Maybe this year.

#1378 harrycu OFFLINE  

harrycu

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 1397
  • 4 Thanks
  • 80 posts

Posted December 22, 2011 - 01:41 PM

:smile1: I really didn't explain that did I? In some places I was running up on some banks bordering the "road" and getting leaned over so far I couldn't stay in the sulky. The narrower tires would usually lose traction in those situations and wouldn't drag me around. The wider tires just kept clawing forward.:bounce:

Howard

HaHa, thanks for clearing that up, Howard. Here's wishing you and all the rest of the tractor heads out there a very Merry Christmas and a Happy Prosperous New Year.

Harry

#1379 Lovintractorin OFFLINE  

Lovintractorin

Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 4180
  • 159 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted December 22, 2011 - 07:14 PM

Today was a really nice day. 40's if not 50's. Some weather for Buffalo NY on the first day of winter. :confuse:We watered the hoophouse with the PK and a barrel on the three point. Don't what I would do without my PK. Not too many garden tractors can pull around a full 55 gal drum of water on the back. These pictures are with the barrel full, (was overflowing just before I took the picture) and I didn't even do any wheelies driving.:D

The last picture is off out winter green crop.

PIMG0137.jpg
PIMG0139.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• PIMG0136.jpg
  • PIMG0138.jpg

#1380 powerking56 OFFLINE  

powerking56

Collector of stuff

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 359
  • 907 Thanks
  • 1,805 posts

Posted December 25, 2011 - 11:10 PM

Got on the Speedex and pushed some snow around the yard cleaning out to and around the wood piles. The wife said I looked like a kid playing with a new Christmas toy....