Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

What did you do WITH your tractor today? ie: plowing, hauling, tilling, etc.

• Please log in to reply
3086 replies to this topic

#121 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,209 posts

Posted March 24, 2010 - 09:34 AM

Nice pic. :thumbs:

It just rained for the last 2 days and now we have a nice muddy mess. It will probably be a while before I get to roll the rest of the lawn

#122 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted March 24, 2010 - 10:26 AM

Too bad we don't live closer, Chuck. We could borrow each others rollers! Mine would look great hooked up to that Ford! Even going real slow, I'm across my yard in less than 2 minutes. I spend as much time turning around, as I do going straight!

#123 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted March 24, 2010 - 10:33 AM

Too bad we don't live closer, Chuck. We could borrow each others rollers! Mine would look great hooked up to that Ford! Even going real slow, I'm across my yard in less than 2 minutes. I spend as much time turning around, as I do going straight!

The section behind the tractor in this picture didn't get rolled. I will be doing good to keep that section knocked down this year. I only rolled the areas that were in bad shape from the moles.

However a bigger roller would be nice, this one doesn't cover the tracks of the tractor.

#124 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted March 24, 2010 - 12:38 PM

Great picture.

#125 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,076 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted March 24, 2010 - 05:15 PM

Took the MFgc2300 out.Took the snowblower off and the quick hitch,put the loader on and when out into the bush to push the bush back in along the trails that was starting to grow out into the trails.Wasn't out very long before and I came back home , I heard the twigs ratteling on the plastic fan and stopped,came home and put on the skid plates and guards,only took a few minutes.Felt way better afterwards no more twigs hitting the plastic fan.Hopefully it'll be better now going down the trails to cut grass in the summer.Larry

#126 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 24, 2010 - 05:31 PM

Took the MFgc2300 out.Took the snowblower off and the quick hitch,put the loader on and when out into the bush to push the bush back in along the trails that was starting to grow out into the trails.Wasn't out very long before and I came back home , I heard the twigs ratteling on the plastic fan and stopped,came home and put on the skid plates and guards,only took a few minutes.Felt way better afterwards no more twigs hitting the plastic fan.Hopefully it'll be better now going down the trails to cut grass in the summer.Larry

Definitely would be better having the piece of mind with the guards on. Do you have a lot of trails up at your place Larry?

#127 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted March 24, 2010 - 06:00 PM

Fired up the MF12 Hydra and scrapped down the driveway, after all the rain it worked really nice, no more pot holes.

#128 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,076 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted March 24, 2010 - 07:05 PM

Definitely would be better having the piece of mind with the guards on. Do you have a lot of trails up at your place Larry?

I have 40 acres of mostly bush so there's trail galore.My neighbour has trails as well and he doesn't mind at all that I keep them open and clean.We use them oursleves for quad riding,dirt biking,snowmobiling,and cutting grass lol .I live on a dead end road so once you reach the end there's lots of trails etc: I don't look after those way to much,plus every Tom,Dick,&Harry use those ones.Larry

#129 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,209 posts

Posted March 25, 2010 - 05:45 AM

Yesterday, I was planning on using the 1000 to pick up the dead branches that had fallen, but I got the 1000 out on the lawn when she started to sink in LOL.
I guess I'll have to wait untill it dries up a bit.
I got some pictures out of the deal anyway:smile1:

#130 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted March 25, 2010 - 10:02 PM

My father in law wanted to borrow my Sears with the loader for some yard cleanup at his place. No problem, I told him it would be outside ready to go for him this morning. I got home from work tonight and there was a message from him that he had some tractor trouble. He was dumping some dirt over the edge of a bank and got the tractor stuck! I took one of our boys with me and went to help. It had slid maybe 5 feet down the bank and it was just steep enough he couldn't backup and going forward just got you farther into the ditch. I hopped on the tractor and had our son stand on the rear counterweight and hang onto the seat. I put the tractor in low range reverse and with the added weight of both of us it slowly crawled up and out of the ditch. No harm done but my father in law was a bit excited!

#131 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted March 25, 2010 - 10:38 PM

Yeah it can get a little "harry" when you go over the edge a bit too far. As soon as I read your words "He was dumping some dirt over the edge" my heart rate went up a bit. Glad no one was hurt and you were able to back it out of there.

#132 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,076 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted March 26, 2010 - 07:27 AM

Gets pretty exciting when they take a nose dive.I've never had a tractor do that on me but plenty of times had a skid steer do that.I worked many years on Cat's with loaders,and skid steers so can relate to things happening and going wrong really fast.Always have to be on your toes especially working slopes and ditches.Good thing he's Ok and the [Tractor's OK] LOL Larry

#133 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted March 26, 2010 - 07:59 AM

Not a garden tractor by far,but I used my 85hp Ford to pull the neighbors truck off of his front lawn this morning.He was on in yesterday picking up brush and everything was fine,but today he sank 4 or 5 inches ,so he called me to come give him a tow.

#134 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,076 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted March 26, 2010 - 08:26 AM

I'll bet it left some ruts,hey now can use the GT to fill in and fix them.:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:Larry

#135 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted March 26, 2010 - 11:04 AM

I'll bet it left some ruts,hey now can use the GT to fill in and fix them.:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:Larry

Yeah he left some ruts alright,I stayed on the driveway so I didn't leave any marks myself.