Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

What did you do WITH your tractor today? ie: plowing, hauling, tilling, etc.

• Please log in to reply
3086 replies to this topic

#1291 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted November 01, 2011 - 05:38 PM

Cleaned up the garden, then got the Speedex out and did some plowing. Didn't get finished, might get to do some more Thursday.

I LOVE plowing with my Speedex 1631!!!!!

I'll get pictures next time!

#1292 Lovintractorin OFFLINE  

Lovintractorin

Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 4180
  • 159 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted November 01, 2011 - 05:42 PM

Got my Bolens 1253 running and mowed for a few hours. Was nearing the end when it started running rough and I thought I was running out of gas. Quick drove it back and it died but still had fuel. Pulled out the voltmeter and the battery was dead. Need a voltage regulate but other than that it runs great and unfortunately smokes like a chimney.

#1293 grnspot110 ONLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,396 posts

Posted November 01, 2011 - 09:29 PM

used the 314 & (NTM) Huskee (Agri-Fab) sweeper to pick up some leaves to shred & work into the strawberry bed. ~~ grnspot

#1294 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted November 02, 2011 - 06:22 PM

Ran the Allis-Grader some tonight. The neighbor we bought our property from owns the other half of the "island" we are on and has been bringing his bigger 4-wheel drive tractor back to cut and haul out firewood, . He leaves some serious tire tracks on his way out on our mutual access road and that gives me an excuse:thumbs:.
Told Kathy I was going out to play with my toys:smile1:. (And actually got away with it:smilewink:)

#1295 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted November 02, 2011 - 10:50 PM

Cleaned up the garden, then got the Speedex out and did some plowing. Didn't get finished, might get to do some more Thursday.

I LOVE plowing with my Speedex 1631!!!!!

I'll get pictures next time!

Well, no pictures, yet. But, did a little more plowing this afternoon, until the old, questionable drive belt broke (goes from the 16HP engine to the T92 transmission. It's the belt that was on the tractor when I bought it 2 years ago.). Had to leave the tractor in the garden.... Could have pulled it out with another GT, but I have nothing to push it up the ramp into the shed. Covered it with a tarp, because it was supposed to rain and get much colder this evening (which it did). Tomorrow, I'll go get a couple of new B67 belts, and also a B65 belt that powers the mower deck while I'm at it. By the end of the week and this weekend, it's supposed to be nice again. Hopefully will get the Speedex back in service again.

#1296 Toolpartzman OFFLINE  

Toolpartzman

Fun With Horsepower

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 7171
  • 468 Thanks
  • 1,280 posts

Posted November 03, 2011 - 05:39 AM

Finally got my "new" forest find M12 parked dead center in the shop so I can start on it as soon as the JD LX engine swap is done. Along with the M12, I bought a LX176 (hydro) that was the cleanest I've seen, only needing an engine, along with a 170 thrown in for a donor. I've decided the donor will be my 172 yard "truck" instead. All 3 have KAW 14s. Problem is I'm hauling firewood from across the street with it and until thats done, I can't pull the engine. A friend needs shelves built. Another has a lift that needs straightened and welded, the shop needs 40ft more siding and I need to start the Massey. Its always something. Have a good day.:wallbanging:

#1297 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted November 04, 2011 - 11:15 AM

Well, no pictures, yet. But, did a little more plowing this afternoon, until the old, questionable drive belt broke (goes from the 16HP engine to the T92 transmission. It's the belt that was on the tractor when I bought it 2 years ago.). Had to leave the tractor in the garden.... Could have pulled it out with another GT, but I have nothing to push it up the ramp into the shed. Covered it with a tarp, because it was supposed to rain and get much colder this evening (which it did). Tomorrow, I'll go get a couple of new B67 belts, and also a B65 belt that powers the mower deck while I'm at it. By the end of the week and this weekend, it's supposed to be nice again. Hopefully will get the Speedex back in service again.

Still no pictures, but yesterday I got my belts. The B67 was too long, so I tried the B65. It fit nicely, so I'll take the other one back. I had about 12 rows left to plow so I got that done. Pressure washed the Speedex and the plow, lubed the plow and put it away. Got the PGT9000 out and mowed the yard for what I hope was the last time for the year. Took the deck off, power washed it, put some protectant on the under side, and put it away for the season. I put the dozer blade on the GT6000, then put all of the GT's away, with the GT6000 parked where I could get it out the easiest, ready for snow! If I have some time soon, I'd like to get the Speedex out and mount the mower deck on it. I've never had it on the tractor except when I first purchased it almost 3 years ago, so I'd like to make sure I remember how it goes on, that I have the proper belt for it, and that it all works properly. I won't use it to mow with on a regular basis, but I'd like to play with it anyway. Eventually, I'll get the Speedex and it's implements painted so it'll hopefully look better and last awhile. If I can get it looking as good as it operates, I'll be all set. Always on the lookout for a dozer blade for the Speedex.....

Pics:DSCF3305.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF3308.jpg
  • DSCF3307.jpg
  • DSCF3306.jpg
  • DSCF3304.jpg
  • DSCF3309.jpg

Edited by nra1ifer, November 04, 2011 - 02:34 PM.

#1298 CRFarnsworth OFFLINE  

CRFarnsworth

• Contributor
  • Member No: 6275
  • 3,645 Thanks
  • 1,735 posts

Posted November 04, 2011 - 12:52 PM

Once again I didn't do any real work. But I did stay home and play a little bit. The 154 cub lo-boy needed a bath before she got put away for the winter. It is a beautiful day so she got a bath and paraded around town. I put some sea foam in the gas tank and stretched her legs. Now I have to make room in the shop for her and the smaller ones. Rick003.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• 007.jpg
  • 002.jpg

#1299 grnspot110 ONLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,396 posts

Posted November 04, 2011 - 06:29 PM

Picked up more leaves with the 314 & Agri-Fab sweeper! ~~ grnspot

#1300 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,316 Thanks
  • 28,634 posts

Posted November 05, 2011 - 04:00 PM

Ryan and I had a really good time at the Chapter 34 Fall Plow Day.

Pics can be found HERE

#1301 Lovintractorin OFFLINE  

Lovintractorin

Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 4180
  • 159 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted November 05, 2011 - 04:27 PM

It took me almost all morning to find where I put the parts to the air filter for the Troybuilt. I ended up finding them in a place I had put them to keep from getting lost. :wallbanging: I hate it when that happens.

Then I went to start it and on the first pull of the starter, the recoil rope broke. :wallbanging::wallbanging: The day sure wasn't starting out great but I was able to start the Troybuilt by always turning it off in a place were I could get the bolens close enough to jump it directly to the starter. ( Troybuilt has a starter on it for the electric start option but just not any other parts to the starting system.) Anyway in the afternoon I was able to get a little garden work done. Cleaned out the old plants and weeds and put them in the compost pile then tilled up under one raised bed that needed it and topped off the rest of the boxes with fresh compost.

I managed to take a few pics when most of the beds were done.

IMG_0166.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0170.jpg
  • IMG_0168.jpg
  • IMG_0169.jpg

#1302 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,651 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted November 05, 2011 - 07:36 PM

Let frost finish the tomato plants, so today I finished plowing where they were. Yesterday & used my Massey w/FEL to stretch a coil of plastic water pipe. Was a tight rolled coil, so it must be stretched out to lose the coil "memory" before we place it & hook it up. Tied one end to a post, the other to my loader bucket. Pulled it out straight, then lowered the bucket into the ground. Should stay fairly straight when I take it loose Monday.

#1303 bhts OFFLINE  

bhts

Bob's Lawn and Garden Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 945
  • 1,413 Thanks
  • 2,117 posts

Posted November 06, 2011 - 04:05 PM

Took the Bolens HT20D and moved 20 ton of gravel into a barn for a new floor.

#1304 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,651 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted November 06, 2011 - 04:07 PM

Took the Bolens HT20D and moved 20 ton of gravel into a barn for a new floor.

Sounds like you had a fun day! Gotta love diesel and front end loaders!

#1305 bhts OFFLINE  

bhts

Bob's Lawn and Garden Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 945
  • 1,413 Thanks
  • 2,117 posts

Posted November 06, 2011 - 04:11 PM

Sounds like you had a fun day! Gotta love diesel and front end loaders!

Yes love the diesel and the loader makes it that much more fun.