Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

What did you do WITH your tractor today? ie: plowing, hauling, tilling, etc.

• Please log in to reply
3086 replies to this topic

#1261 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,324 Thanks
  • 28,640 posts

Posted October 16, 2011 - 12:22 PM

Spent about a half hour being impressed with my SS12. Put the plow on in the rain, dirt sticking to my shoes, figuring I'd just spin. The old girl did much better than I thought it would, no chains either, only 35# on each wheel. Not counting my weight :D

#1262 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,418 Thanks
  • 3,165 posts

Posted October 19, 2011 - 04:48 AM

I put the newly modified plow on my old LGT125 and plowed under most of my garden. I was impressed with the traction this tractor seems to have! No weights at all and turf tires to boot, and doing it on wet loam/clay. Only thing left in the garden are carrots and beets, with a few head of cabbage and some hot peppers still ripening .

#1263 grnspot110 OFFLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,396 posts

Posted October 19, 2011 - 06:12 AM

Hauled in a couple more loads of garden waste to the shredder with the 314 & 10P cart. ~~ grnspot

#1264 tinner OFFLINE  

tinner

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 961
  • 502 Thanks
  • 1,561 posts

Posted October 19, 2011 - 06:02 PM

With the rain we finally got a week and a half ago the ground is now soft enough to plow so I turned over my garden. Since we're in a drought and it's expected to continue at least until spring I decided to not plant a fall garden so I plowed it too. Good to get them done.

#1265 grnspot110 OFFLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,396 posts

Posted October 19, 2011 - 06:42 PM

One more load of spent flowers to the shredder, plus most of the plants from the garden closest to the compost bins. Until the shredder ran out of gas (and me)! ~~ grnspot

Attached Thumbnails

• Picture 183.jpg

#1266 Blazer OFFLINE  

Blazer

• Member No: 5894
  • 29 Thanks
  • 39 posts

Posted October 23, 2011 - 05:33 PM

garden plowing 2 10-23-11.jpg Today I plowed the gardens to lay for the winter. It was a little damp but plowed well anyway.

#1267 tractorman604 OFFLINE  

tractorman604
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 683
  • 269 Thanks
  • 694 posts

Posted October 23, 2011 - 06:03 PM

Today we had great weather for outdoor work , so when that was done i thought i would take johndeerelfman's idea and clean up my tractors with the oven cleaner,bug and tar, and dawn dish soap.This worked FANTASTIC!! Thanks so much for the tip.

#1268 Sparky OFFLINE  

Sparky

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1574
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,892 posts

Posted October 23, 2011 - 08:02 PM

Today I used 2 Elec-Traks to secure my ladder for barn roof repair. One tractor held the bottom and with a rope up and over the roof the other tractor held the top secure . I knew the E-Traks would not walk away and let me down. Not too cold , not too hot for today's work . Almost ready for the that 4 letter stuff . Ho ho hee hee.

#1269 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,324 Thanks
  • 28,640 posts

Posted October 24, 2011 - 09:11 PM

Got home and decided the ground was almost dry enough to disc... So disc I did. With the 2 block on it, the wider suburban discs are quite a chore to lift, but it does a great job & the Sears was doing it in 6th gear. I was slinging dirt and having a ball.

My wife was shaking her head... I'm a little concerned this hobby will cause a repetitive motion injury for her :D

#1270 Deck_Drive OFFLINE  

Deck_Drive

collector of sears

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 736
  • 96 Thanks
  • 348 posts

Posted October 24, 2011 - 09:59 PM

Today I used ol' smokie (65 sub 10) to move around some stuff, I went and towed to 60s yard machines up to the garage so I could pull the engine for an upcoming deal (which I will not tell you about for a few days tell I get it :bounce:) Then I towed that back in the dart. THEN, I grabbed the trailer and picked up the farmalls head and rocker arms from down below the hill. The thing ran like a champ all day and its still my favorite tractor.

#1271 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,735 posts

Posted October 25, 2011 - 05:34 AM

Got home and decided the ground was almost dry enough to disc... So disc I did. With the 2 block on it, the wider suburban discs are quite a chore to lift, but it does a great job & the Sears was doing it in 6th gear. I was slinging dirt and having a ball.

My wife was shaking her head... I'm a little concerned this hobby will cause a repetitive motion injury for her :D

I think there are more that may suffer from that malady. I even have a few male friends that do that when I start talking GT's.

#1272 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted October 25, 2011 - 06:58 PM

I got the Bolens 600 out of the garage and attached the grader blade (snow plow I usually call it) But today it was used as a grader blade. Back in September when we had the really heavy rains and flooding issues, George made a single pass thru the yard on the upper side of the house with the MF1655 and plow. The furrow did definitely help divert the water. Today I went up thru the yard and pushed the dirt back into the furrow. The whole thing is a couple hundred feet long. The little 600 did a really great job. And I still love how easy it is to attach the blade to the tractor.

#1273 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted October 25, 2011 - 07:02 PM

I plowed my garden with my diesel Bush Hog JBI. I already plowed almost half my garden a few weeks back, but I put 4 large manure spreader loads of composted silage over the entire garden last night, so decided to plow the whole garden over again to turn under the compost. Man, ya gotta love plowing! Then I drove the JB to Meangreen's & helped him dial in his plow. Great to have some seat time!

#1274 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted October 25, 2011 - 07:32 PM

The last couple of days I've been putting together a 250 gal. waste oil tank on a stand next to the shop. Today I lifted everything into place. I heat the shop and moving 30 and 55 gal. barrels that are frozen to the ground is getting to be a pain. Especially if there is 2 feet of snow on the ground and it is below zero. So here is what the Bolens did to keep me out of trouble.

Gotta love our loaders Chris! Endless uses!

#1275 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,522 Thanks
  • 5,033 posts

Posted October 25, 2011 - 07:42 PM

I've spent the last two days setting up a 250 gal. waste oil tank outside the shop. I use the oil to heat with and in deep snow it is hard to get barrels loose when frozen to the ground. This is why I would be lost without the diesel Bolens.

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_4670.jpg
  • 100_4669.jpg
  • 100_4673.jpg