Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

What did you do WITH your tractor today? ie: plowing, hauling, tilling, etc.

• Please log in to reply
3086 replies to this topic

#1186 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted August 02, 2011 - 07:30 AM

Used the LGT 165 to tow the huskee closer to the shop so I could start cleaning it up to see if it even runs.
I just pinned through the rear hitch on the huskee to the sleeve hitch on the ford. The ford didn't have any trouble picking it up.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1187 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted August 02, 2011 - 11:00 AM

Done nothing yet, but after lunch I will use the Massey w/FEL to clean out all the busted concrete patches in our 2nd pit so we can pour temporary patches to get us through till next year. Friday we'll be pouring the new floor in the pit I'm rebuilding, so getting this other pit ready for patching. Will try to get some pics.

#1188 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted August 02, 2011 - 01:19 PM

Been digging out the busted concrete with the 1855 Massey w/FEL. It's the only thing with a bucket to fit into the small areas. I've got the 910 Cat payloader parked so I can put the old patch gravel & smaller concrete chinks into it. The larger chunks I'll haul off later. Man is it humid out! Taking a short break.

Before starting:

DSC00561.jpg

After some removal:

DSC00562.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC00559.jpg
  • DSC00560.jpg
  • DSC00558.jpg
  • DSC00565.jpg
  • DSC00564.jpg
  • DSC00563.jpg

#1189 Gary400 OFFLINE  

Gary400

JD,junkie

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2316
  • 225 Thanks
  • 768 posts

Posted August 03, 2011 - 08:00 PM

put the 318 out in the front yard with a for sale sign on it .

#1190 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted August 03, 2011 - 08:20 PM

put the 318 out in the front yard with a for sale sign on it .

That sounds ominous...everything OK?

#1191 Gary400 OFFLINE  

Gary400

JD,junkie

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2316
  • 225 Thanks
  • 768 posts

Posted August 03, 2011 - 08:54 PM

That sounds ominous...everything OK?

ya it does , and yes every things ok . theres something im wanting so something has to go but i have a feeling im going to regret selling it for some reason .

#1192 Guest_RandalCollins_*

Guest_RandalCollins_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted August 03, 2011 - 09:56 PM

Yes pics are a requirement, did you read the agreement when you signed up? LOL j/k but pics are always nice. We are supposed to get some of the white stuff this weekend too but it better not be 2' of it. At least I will be able to finally get the girls out.

Great job plus excellent photo's. I personally would love to have the time to create such a lovely garden shed, but don't at the moment. Maybe in a few years time i will. For now i took the easy way out and got my garden shed and a carport from isheds here in Australia.
Keep up the great work.

Cheers
RandalCollins

Edited by NUTNDUN, August 04, 2011 - 07:51 AM.

#1193 fordmustang1984 OFFLINE  

fordmustang1984

Tractorholic

• Member No: 27
  • 23 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted August 05, 2011 - 11:00 PM

Well, today all my tractors sat idle while i painted a kitchen. Earlier this week i took old smokey up the street to my neighbors with my big trailer for the tractors. I went there to pick up a cab for my dads 73 F-350. it needs more work, :wallbanging::D and the frame is far from ready, but its a start. So we loaded that up and hauled it home at the blazing speed of 8 MPH with my brother riding on the back to wave at passing motorists.:wave:

The following day the cab was nestled into the back garage where it will be fixed, but back to tractors. My sisters horse trailer needs a new ramp, so i fire up old smokey again and shuffle that infront of the bay where the cab is, so no cab until the trailers out. Then, we need to clean the yard and load up a van for scrapping, so the truck frame i mentioned earlier has to move. Easy? Nope, no rear axle. So instead i find an old trailer toung that i saved, and strap it to the rear of the frame, and drop the coupler on smokey (note: smokey needs her original motor rebuilt to replace the replacement that burns more oil, and appears to be running low by this time from extreme use:bash:) and we're off, pushing backwards across the yard, steering the front axle to get around the sharp turns.

Ok, park that and done for a while. Come back and work smokey again by moving our old E-350 van across the yard to where i can park the trailer in front of it. Then hitch the 20 ft flatbed trailer to smokey and position it in front of the van. Once the van was winched on the trailer, i went around the yard with smoket and the flatbed used to move the cab earlier in the week and collect the first round of scrap and load the van, after using smokey to pull the axle i took off the van to save out back. That axle will go on the 73 Ford when i get that far. And all of this with the van was done solo, since my bros had to leave.:mad2::mad2:

Thats about it since ive been back from my travels, which reminds me, i'll be sharing those in the next week or two in "off topic" between getting the Davis crawler moving and painting that kitchen.

#1194 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,320 Thanks
  • 28,640 posts

Posted August 06, 2011 - 07:07 AM

Been too busy to get any seat time in. Ryan has been doing the mowing, closest I've gotten this week was to move a couple around to park them.

Last night I used an engine for some therapy time, got it running better. May just take the SS 12 for a drive around the block to knock the cobwebs off both of us.

#1195 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted August 09, 2011 - 10:41 AM

This morning after milking my Massey got a good workout atop the divider wall between the 2 larger silage pits. It was covered with tires & multiple layers of old silage plastic. All this had to be removed for the fill dirt to bond to the dirt divider, and would have taken hours by hand. Took me about 30 minutes with the Massey & FEL! I didn't think of pic/video untill most had been removed, but you get the idea. I used the FEL to roll up the plastic & tires into large balls, then nudged off the left side into the unrepaired pit.

Some still pics atop the divider wall:

DSC00535.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC00536.jpg
  • DSC00537.jpg

Edited by olcowhand, August 09, 2011 - 02:45 PM.

#1196 Deck_Drive OFFLINE  

Deck_Drive

collector of sears

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 736
  • 96 Thanks
  • 348 posts

Posted August 09, 2011 - 01:32 PM

today I mowed the lawn with my 65 suburban 10, it did alright before I ran out of gass. And last weekend I knocked down a patch of super tall grass with it. It did pritty well.
Photo0171.jpg

#1197 maddhorse OFFLINE  

maddhorse

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 4719
  • 52 Thanks
  • 85 posts

Posted August 22, 2011 - 09:12 AM

I am happy to say My wife mowed her parents lawn with the cute little JD 100 for about 2 1/2 hrs. Both tractor and wife had no problems. She actualy enjoyed driving it, I am now getting little to resistance about the purchase of a second tractor for the house. Of course when we can swing it, But it is cool that she is a little excited to see it happen. I will get pictures this weekend when we go back up.

#1198 walwilldo OFFLINE  

walwilldo

• Member No: 5739
  • 0 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted August 22, 2011 - 06:08 PM

I got my MF 10 with the FEL running and played with it all afternoon. I am very happy.

#1199 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,209 posts

Posted August 22, 2011 - 07:40 PM

I hauled my Tractors home from the Fair Today and got them all washed and put away.

#1200 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted August 22, 2011 - 08:34 PM

Used my MF1855 w/FEL to level the dirt somewhat alongside the silage pit. Then mowed the yard around my house with my Kubota G4200.