Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

What did you do WITH your tractor today? ie: plowing, hauling, tilling, etc.

• Please log in to reply
3084 replies to this topic

#106 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 19, 2010 - 10:31 PM

I didn't do anything with the girls today but I plan on getting some seat time running around the yard and just general maintenance tomorrow. I might even see about putting ags on one of the lucky girls LOL

#107 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted March 20, 2010 - 06:48 PM

Well I started the Snapper 1650 with the snowblower and rear blade on and drove it out of the garage. Then I got my Farmall B out and hooked my trailer to it to haul the leaves from raking my yard today. I haul the leaves up the hill behind my house and dump them in a ravine. Tomorrow I might take the snowblower and rear blade off and see how the Snapper looks with my one bottom plow behind her. I might plant a small garden this year and want to see how this rig will work.

#108 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,073 Thanks
  • 1,444 posts

Posted March 20, 2010 - 07:37 PM

Had to cut some dead tress down in the yard so had the Mf 1655 out with the loader to first haul the wood to the wood shed then used it to haul the branches to the brush pile.Then of course had to do some play time as well,went out in the trails and pushed the dead branches and trees further into the bush to allow for easier mowing in the summer.Larry

#109 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,073 Thanks
  • 1,444 posts

Posted March 21, 2010 - 04:03 PM

Wasn't planning on doing to much today.The Grandson was out riding the Quad around,he came home and said Pawpa I need your help.There's a big tree that fell across the trail.You need to bring your chainsaw and cut it up.I went out had a look and realized it was a big tree.Took out the chain saw and The MF 1655 cut the tree up into 6 ft lengths and pushed it into the bush with the 1655.It wasn't worth keeping for fire wood it was pretty rotton and heavy.Larry

Edited by massey driver, March 21, 2010 - 07:29 PM.

#110 fordmustang1984 OFFLINE  

fordmustang1984

Tractorholic

• Member No: 27
  • 23 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted March 21, 2010 - 04:51 PM

Well, nothing today, but yesterday, I fixed the ignition on my MF12H, and then used it to pull our 20 ft flatbed trailer, our 5x8 box trailer, and a 93 Aerostar van one after the other. It was a good day.

#111 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 21, 2010 - 05:59 PM

Well, nothing today, but yesterday, I fixed the ignition on my MF12H, and then used it to pull our 20 ft flatbed trailer, our 5x8 box trailer, and a 93 Aerostar van one after the other. It was a good day.

Sounds like you had some productive seat time Alex.

#112 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 21, 2010 - 06:01 PM

Yesterday I didn't get to paint the gas tank for dad's Bolens 1053 but since we are going to be moving in about two months I wanted to get it mounted along with the mower deck lift so I got all that mounted up and got it running again and then I took a group photo with the 125 I just got.

Today I went to pick up a 147 and moved some things around in the garage to get them all squeezed in.

#113 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted March 22, 2010 - 04:32 AM

I got home from my latest round to Charlotte Sunday afternoon and it was so nice out that I fired up the 600 and pulled her out of the shed and removed the tire chains and the snow blade. It won't be too long before we will be cutting grass.

#114 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,685 Thanks
  • 17,204 posts

Posted March 22, 2010 - 09:00 AM

I got home from my latest round to Charlotte Sunday afternoon and it was so nice out that I fired up the 600 and pulled her out of the shed and removed the tire chains and the snow blade. It won't be too long before we will be cutting grass.

Hopefully we will be cutting grass soon. :D

I still have the plow on the 1050 just incase LOL :rolleyes:

#115 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 22, 2010 - 09:07 AM

The way the weather has been I think we are in for an early mowing season.

#116 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 22, 2010 - 09:09 AM

I can't wait till we can get a group photo of all the tractors together.

#117 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted March 22, 2010 - 10:39 AM

Saturday I used my Ford LGT 145 and my buddy's b7100 Kubota to clear some brush and under growth from the edge of the woods.

Sunday I took the cab off the ford, brought the Craftsman to the shop for spring maintence, pulled it's deck, removed the blades to be sharpened later, scrapped the deck out.

This week I am going to wire brush the bottom of the deck and then prime and paint it. I am trying to take care of some previous lack or care taken by myself and bring the mower deck back to a littler better shape.

I will post pictures of each project later.

#118 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted March 23, 2010 - 07:03 PM

Finally got the 1050 into the garage today. Had to put a little air in one of the rear tires first. Man is that a pain! The loader frame is in the way, at the front of the tire, and the counter weight is in the way in the back. Almost would be easier to remove the wheel!!
The tractor runs fine, but the pto belt is still broke, so no hydraulics. I had to let the bucket drag along the drive, while backing it in. Going to check the price and maybe get some new belts installed soon. The drive belts don't look too good, either, so may as well replace them while I'm at it. They're only 30+ years old... can't understand why they are worn out already:D

#119 fordmustang1984 OFFLINE  

fordmustang1984

Tractorholic

• Member No: 27
  • 23 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted March 23, 2010 - 07:15 PM

Sounds like you had some productive seat time Alex.

Yea, its been fighting me for months with the stalling thing. Today I put a new muffler on the MF12H at my granparents house.

#120 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted March 24, 2010 - 07:15 AM

Yesterday I rolled the parts of the yard that had the most mole damage.
This is after I was done, while working I had 100lbs of concrete blocks on the roller frame.
Posted Image