Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

What did you do WITH your tractor today? ie: plowing, hauling, tilling, etc.

• Please log in to reply
3083 replies to this topic

#91 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted March 12, 2010 - 03:29 PM

Yesterday, the 1050 got a bath. And I started up the Gravely 430 and let her run for about 15 minutes. I was surprised when I just turned the key and it turned over about 5 times and fired right up! It was not started since late november

Nice it started right up for you! I am totally in the dark on Gravely's. What kind of engine does it have?

#92 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,680 Thanks
  • 17,200 posts

Posted March 12, 2010 - 03:40 PM

Nice it started right up for you! I am totally in the dark on Gravely's. What kind of engine does it have?

I'm new to gravely's as well. But my Gravely has the 12HP Onan engine.

#93 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted March 12, 2010 - 05:54 PM

A heated shop... I envy you on that one! I am surprised you are saying it is muddy there. Is it early for that? I figured your ground would be frozen for a while yet.

Your right about it usually being still frozen at this time of the year.It's been a very strange winter mildest one on record.The weather patterns seem to have changed for us the last couple of years.What were concerned about is with this early melt are we going to pay for this in the next little while.Usually its daytime highs of -10 but today it was +10 c.All of us are enjoying the strange warm weather but also nervous about what we could get yet before spring offically gets here.All I know is we'll take what we can get.Its put a damper on snowmobiling and ice fishing.We have some ice fishing derbies supposedly happening this weekend,but there's water on the ice on the lakes etc: so could be cancelled.They've got the ice breaking machines out on the Red River and ice cutters as well.Like they were saying in the news last night that there 3-4 weeks early but because of the warm unseasonal weather they've started already,to try and keep things from flooding.So yeah its way earlier then what were used to.Larry

#94 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,602 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted March 14, 2010 - 11:24 AM

Didn't start it, but fluid filled the 26x12x12 rear tires on my Bush Hog JBI. Held 11 gallons each for a total of 184lbs added weight. Then there's 50lb cast weights on each rim for a total of 384 extra traction pounds....then my 230! Going over the whole tractor in prep for an April 10th (24th rain date) plowday near Georgetown, Ky. Just a small plowday with 5 acres. A group of us Ky guys are getting together. Figure to be 15 or so tractors. Sure hope nothing prevents me from going. They've had at least 2 of these plowdays & I couldn't make either one. If any of you guys are close enough, we'd be glad to have ya! I can post info if anyone is interested.
If we have a big turnout, we may run out of ground, but I wanna go for meeting the guys almost as much as plowing....well, mostly for plowing!:D It is nice to meet those you get to know on the net.

#95 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,680 Thanks
  • 17,200 posts

Posted March 14, 2010 - 11:29 AM

Didn't start it, but fluid filled the 26x12x12 rear tires on my Bush Hog JBI. Held 11 gallons each for a total of 184lbs added weight. Then there's 50lb cast weights on each rim for a total of 384 extra traction pounds....then my 230! Going over the whole tractor in prep for an April 10th (24th rain date) plowday near Georgetown, Ky. Just a small plowday with 5 acres. A group of us Ky guys are getting together. Figure to be 15 or so tractors. Sure hope nothing prevents me from going. They've had at least 2 of these plowdays & I couldn't make either one. If any of you guys are close enough, we'd be glad to have ya! I can post info if anyone is interested.
If we have a big turnout, we may run out of ground, but I wanna go for meeting the guys almost as much as plowing....well, mostly for plowing!:D It is nice to meet those you get to know on the net.

Sounds like its going to be a fun time.
Be shure to Take some pics!!!

#96 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,602 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted March 14, 2010 - 11:46 AM

Sounds like its going to be a fun time.
Be shure to Take some pics!!!

Oh I will, and I'll get some video too! My camera takes decent video, but not highest quality.

#97 broken2 OFFLINE  

broken2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 85
  • 279 Thanks
  • 425 posts

Posted March 14, 2010 - 12:26 PM

I did the same thing when I added 26x12x12's to my mf12g, filled with fluid,added 50lb wheel weights to outside of the rims and also added 85lb weights to the inside of the rims. The tractor is a beast. Now I have to repair/reinforce the plow for it. The last time I used it the snow was deep, wet and heavy. The plow frame broke almost in half! Hopefully I can get out and fix it today-if I can get away from this site long enough!DSC01062..jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC01063..jpg
  • DSC01097..jpg
  • DSC01101..jpg
  • DSC01099..jpg

#98 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted March 14, 2010 - 01:17 PM

Hope it works out and you get to attend the plowday, olcowhand. That would be a fun day!

#99 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted March 16, 2010 - 08:18 PM

Got some seat time today for a couple of hrs.Finished mounting my stump grinder onto my gc2300 so had to go out and try it out for something fun to do.Had a blast chewing up them stumps.Mud,snow,frost flying all over the place.Larry

#100 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,680 Thanks
  • 17,200 posts

Posted March 16, 2010 - 08:41 PM

Today, I put new PTO belts on my one 1050, then hooked up a wagon and picked up some fallen branches.

#101 jdslednut OFFLINE  

jdslednut

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 77
  • 636 Thanks
  • 837 posts

Posted March 18, 2010 - 09:08 PM

Put a new head gasket in my JD 112. My first GT play for quite awhile. Felt good!

#102 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,602 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted March 19, 2010 - 03:13 PM

Mowed the roadsides with the Massey MF1010, then mowed the yard with my Kubota! Yard was getting shabby from the hi-tops & such, so decided to mow. Yard looks MUCH better, plus I got to smell cut grass early!:D

#103 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted March 19, 2010 - 03:24 PM

hmmm only 4.5 hours away according to google. Would be a fun trip. don't have anything ready to plow yet...

#104 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted March 19, 2010 - 05:12 PM

Mowed the roadsides with the Massey MF1010, then mowed the yard with my Kubota! Yard was getting shabby from the hi-tops & such, so decided to mow. Yard looks MUCH better, plus I got to smell cut grass early!:D

You got to cut some grass,and have the smell of fresh cut grass too! oh man now I feel bad.Gee's I'll have to wait for another 6-8 weeks before I can do that.All I did was look at mine today:wallbanging:.Larry.

#105 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,602 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted March 19, 2010 - 08:22 PM

hmmm only 4.5 hours away according to google. Would be a fun trip. don't have anything ready to plow yet...

You'd be welcome to come! Just let me know & I'll send address to the field. Sure hope it doesn't get rained out! It's only a few miles off I64 before Lexington.